Ferguson Enterprises Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 24, 2017

2.7

Sales/Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport News, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises (Newport News, VA) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process with Ferguson consists of a brief video interview to start. It will be a couple questions where you reply to prompts on a webcam and some that you respond with typing. After that, you will have a 20-25 minute phone interview. Then, you will be summoned for a final interview.

Interview Questions

• On a scale of 1-10, how competitive are you?   1 Answer

Buyer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises in May 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with two managers who were very relaxed and down to earth. They asked what the most important quality I felt I possessed was as well as well as what the salaries I was expecting

Interview Questions

• Questions revolved around current position responsibilities and career path, abilities. They asked probing questions about current roles such as how I liked the position and any accomplishments   1 Answer

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises (Sacramento, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

The questions were direct and professional. Environment was friendly. Store manager took us out to Mexican food after the interview. Some of the questions were standard and inquiring as to previous job experience. Nothing out of the ordinary as far as interviews go. They did however take over a month to get back to me though and let me know I got the job.

Interview Questions

Interview

Application, video answer interview, 30 minute skype interview, 2 day recruiting event with 30ish other candidates for multiple locations. They bring in employees from the locations you are applying for - tour of facility, networking and cocktails, formal dinner second day is 3 30 minute interviews. Relaxing and enjoyable experience for an interview

Negotiation

No negotiation but they do pay differently per location

Quotations Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakewood, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises (Lakewood, NJ).

Interview

Three one hour interviews. Back to back. Three other applicants interviewing at same time on a rotating basis. Being a competitive person, I liked being able to see who else was applying for the job. All three managers who interviewed me were incredibly friendly and asked excellent questions. They really seemed to enjoy their company AND position which made me want to work there even more.

Sales Training Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises (Dallas, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

Submitted video interview on their website. Very Easy to do and you can record your responses several times. Got an email a couple days after requesting a time for a phone interview. Phone interview was fairly easy but awkward at times.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you helped someone and what the result was.   Answer Question

Sales Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises (Austin, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process was really fun and very relaxed. You send in a video interview where you answer questions that they provided. You can retake the video as many times as you'd like. Then, the second interview is a live video interview. If you make it to the third round, they will fly you out to some location. I was flown out with a bunch of other students to Austin, TX. It was a phenomenal experience. We really got to know each of the people working there over drinks and a wonderful meal. The second day in Austin we had 3 1:1 interviews, each about 30 minutes long. Just be yourself, they are REAL people!! Loved this company.

Interview Questions

• If you could have any job/career in the world, what would it be?   1 Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises (Dallas, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied from an online job listing. Received a phone call from the Area Sales Manager several weeks later and after a phone screen, I was invited to interview with her. It went well and two weeks later I was invited for another interview with the Training Manager. Again everything went well and the next week I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• What was one major challenge you had to overcome when faced with an unhappy customer, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises.

Interview

I waited in a room for a long time. A hiring manager finally came out. We went into a room and he pulled up my resume and started naming off facts from it. You could tell it was his first time looking at it. The questions were just about past experience.

Sales/Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises in January 2016.

Interview

Applied through University Recruiting, Had a video interview followed by a phone interview. Video interview is a bit awkward but you can record your answers as many times as you would like.

Interview Questions

• On a scale from 1-10 how competitive are you and how do you feel about losing?   Answer Question