Fernando Luis Alvarez Gallery Social Media Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Social Media Specialist

Fernando Luis Alvarez Gallery Social Media Specialist Interview Questions

Interviews at Fernando Luis Alvarez Gallery

1 Interview Review

Interviews for Top Jobs at Fernando Luis Alvarez Gallery

Social Media Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fernando Luis Alvarez Gallery (New York, NY).

Interview

I'm going to start this by saying how grateful I am that I checked this company out on Glassdoor prior to my interview because I have no doubt in my mind that it saved me from a huge deal of grief and aggravation.

I do an initial phone screening with the owner and after a great deal of pressing I commit to an interview, worth noting though was that he asked a few times as to why I couldn't start working for him tomorrow (we'll revisit this). I go to his establishment on the scheduled day, I'm fifteen minutes early and he's not there. It gets to the appointed time of the interview and he's still not there. Fifteen minutes later and he's still not there. At this point I call him and he tells me he's at the restaurant across the street, wouldn't common courtesy and professionalism warrant some kind of notification beforehand that you were changing where we were meeting? I would think so. It gets better though - During our initial talks he tells me that he had already been in contact with my current boss, without asking for my approval. Once again his professionalism takes another huge hit. And he then starts once again pressing as to why I couldn't start for him tomorrow, behaving a whole lot like a forceful salesman who won't take no for an answer. He also went on and on offering me additional forms of compensation, everything from buying me countless free lunches to sending me back to school if I wanted, never mind the fact that I had recently graduated and stated a few times that I really had no need to go back, but what was fascinating about all this was that somehow he could only offer me a part time job with no benefits and lacking in pay yet somehow he had more than enough money for all of this (we can also reference the other Glassdoor review where he stated that he couldn't make a full time hire but yet had enough money to purchase a new house). Upon going into his establishment he had two cats running around the place, I attempted to explain to him that I was allergic to cats but it went in one ear and out the other as he was oblivious to the fact that I was starting to have a hard time breathing.

I left the interview with a part time offer but stating that I wanted to think about it, again I was being pressed for an answer but we left it at my coming back in a few days to meet with his director of communications. Later that same afternoon I received a full time job offer which I accepted, as such I decided to do the right thing and email this employer to thank him for his time but declining the job offer. He wrote back a day later, and while I didn't bother reading the email just based on the preview I could tell it was a crass and snide response, acting as though I made a huge mistake in not accepting his offer. Yeah, instead of taking a full time job with a higher pay rate and full benefits I should of taken his offer of drastically less (as the sarcasm detector goes wild).

Do yourself a favor and don't even waste your time with this schmuck, no matter how bad things might be I have no doubt it would be worse if you go to work for him.

Interview Questions

• Why can't you start for me tomorrow?   1 Answer