Ferrellgas Partners Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ferrellgas Partners Interview Questions

Updated Apr 3, 2017

2.6

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ferrellgas Partners.

Interview

I applied on their website, and was contacted by the manager in 3 days. A phone interview was scheduled for a week later. The phone interview lasted 20 minutes, in which I thought was a good duration. In the end, she told me she would get back to me in 2 weeks since she has to interview 40 more candidates, in which I thought was nuts since there was only ONE opening. Adding on to the frustration, I never received another response from her during and after those 2 weeks. One of her questions did include a minimum salary requirement. It's possible that she didn't want to call me back since my requirement was too high for her, which is the national average salary for a college graduate. After reading the reviews here, I realized that this company has a history of paying quite a low salary, which was 3 weeks later. That being said, if you're hoping to get paid well, don't waste your time applying for a job here.

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manheim, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ferrellgas Partners (Manheim, PA) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received a call to do a phone interview within a few days. The phone interview lasted about 30 minutes and they were standard scripted interview questions. After only 2 days I was asked to come in for a second interview at their office. I sat down with the Customer Service Manager and the Operations Manager. It was a very laid back vibe. It was more of a conversation than an interview and they asked me to expand upon a few of the questions they had initially asked me on the phone. After about 30 minutes they offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• What would you personally bring to this company?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ferrellgas Partners (Houston, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very quick. The customer service manager only asked one question and spent the remainder of the interview discussing the position. It seemed like more of an overview rather than an interview for the position. It was very awkward because I didn't know if I should let her speak or interrupt her to discuss my work experience and skills.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ferrellgas Partners.

Interview

First there comes the phone interview which was very pleasant but scripted. The 2nd interview was much more relaxed and easy going. It was more of a conversation than an interview.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ferrellgas Partners (Kansas City, MO) in May 2015.

Interview

Very Difficult. I showed up for interview with Regional Operations Manager and was 30 minutes early. 30 minutes past the actual interview time I was told he would not be in today. Than when it was re scheduled my Mother had been rushed to hospital to have open heart surgery so I notified the recruiter and she informed me she was just canceling it all together and I was out of luck.

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liberty, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ferrellgas Partners (Liberty, MO) in March 2015.

Interview

The interviewer was over 10 minutes late, didn't apologize for wasting my time. As I sat waiting I watched other employees pass by me, they didn't speak to me or each other. I left there thinking they were just robots. The interview was held in a room that was about 80 degrees. I thought is was a video shoot for how not to conduct an interview!

Outside Sales Representative/Tulsa, OK Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liberty, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ferrellgas Partners (Liberty, MO) in February 2015.

Interview

1-Completed online application
    2-30 min. phone interview from 2nd level recruiter
    3-Generic email response declining my employment

Interviewer was professionally polite. She wanted complete information on reasons for leaving each employer on resume. Did not ask for salary history. Did not ask why I was qualified for position. Agreed to send me general information on job responsibilities & position benefits. Also agreed to let me know in 1 week if I made 2nd level interview. She did neither.

Service Center General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ferrellgas Partners in January 2015.

Interview

First was a screening with a recruiter, then another screening by the director of operations. This seemed like the director didn't trust the recruiter, which was unprofessional to me. Also, the second interview was only ten minutes. Not because it was cut short, but because she scheduled it for ten minutes. There was no 'getting to know you' part, just ensuring you met the qualifications. She was rude and seemingly inconsiderate.

Interview Questions

• Is there anything you think I should know about you before we end this call?   Answer Question

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Steamboat Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ferrellgas Partners (Steamboat Springs, CO) in July 2014.

Interview

Typical online application first and call in for interview at local shop.

This particular manager has been running this shop for years and at first seems to be a straight shooter but I soon discovered after working there he lied repeatedly to suit his management style.

I would not recommend this company based on this manager and my experience.

Interview Questions

• Can you work in cold weather slogging through waist deep snow to dig out propane tanks and fill them? Do you like working outside?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ferrellgas Partners (Raleigh, NC) in June 2014.

Interview

I applied on line and a few days later I received a phone call. He ask a few question on the phone then told me to come in for an interview. I went for the interview a few days later. After the interview I to the clinic for a drug test and physical.