Fidelity Investments Accounting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.5

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westlake, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Westlake, TX) in May 2012.

Interview

The interview process was very detailed and rigorous. The company is very large and are rapidly expanding. I applied online and filled out the standard forms as most large companies require, then was contacted by an HR rep and had a phone pre-screening interview. I then had a phone interview with a supervisor from the Accounting department, followed by 3 face to face interviews with the managers in each specific department and then a panel interview. They did a full background and credit check and drug screen. It's based on a point scale, so they do not use your credit score, per say, but take into an account everything that is on your report and weigh it with their own point scale and you must be below a certain threshold. The entire process took almost exactly 2 months and I start work in 2 weeks from the end of the application/interview process. Good luck to you if you would like to apply and work here! :)

Interview Questions

• They asked about some insider trading current events that had not yet made it to main stream media (I guess to test and see if I had been keeping up with industry specific news sources).   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. I did try however. The salaries are fixed and there are performance reviews each year (some departments at 6 months). Great benefits though, so not really any need to push the negotiations.

Other Interview Reviews for Fidelity Investments

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Boston, MA) in March 2011.

Interview

One friendly interview with a group of employees which took about an hour.

Interview Questions

• What is my preferred career   1 Answer