Fidelity Investments Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fidelity Investments Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jan 16, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I recruited on campus. There was one interview. We spoke about my work experience and two stock pitches in detail. The interview lasted 30min and I was invited to the second round.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Fidelity Investments

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Boston, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

The first initial screen over the phone was not much of an interview. Just talked about compensation and some of the benefits that would come with working for Fidelity. Brought in for a second interview which was to talk directly with the hiring manager and the VP about the role itself and some of the characteristics and qualifications that would make a good fit. Was asked back in for a final round less than 24 hours later for more behavioral questions that related. Very simple and beneficial conversations all around. Definitely nice to feel good coming out of both in person interviews with the structure and conversations that occurred.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about the role you are applying for?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Interview

I applied online and received an email a few weeks later setting up a phone call. When I got the phone call it was a very short interview lasting less than 10 minutes. Interviewer was not enthusiastic and felt as though they just wanted to get off the phone from the start.

Analyst Interview

Interview

Great interview process. Need to analyse a stock given by the interview committee. You get about 4-6 hrs to prepare your analysis. You then quized on it. The focus is not on the success of your call but on the thought process, the 'why' you think its a good buy or sell.

Interview Questions

• All questions were in line with the stock that was analyzed. Need to be abreast with current affairs in later interviews.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

Phone interview first and was hired without having to do an in person interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

Interview lasted about 3 hours and I interviewed with 3 different managers. There were some technical questions, but majority were based on my current experience. Interview wasn't too bad it was just long.

Interview Questions

• If you prepare well for interview's especially for positions at Fidelity it should go well.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary wasn't negotiated

Analyst Interview

Interview

Case interview by 3 people

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

Called into their office by HR - was pretty much hassled into answering the question of whether I got the job, I would take it to which I responded "It depends"...very unprofessional and erratic interview process with a lot of colleagues that "shouldn't" be working there in my opinion e.g. non techies are project managers yet they do not understand why their software implementations do not scale/work properly

Low salary..cheap company..generally a low energy environment

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Boston, MA).

Interview

Hiring Process took about two months, two rounds, which were with 5 people all together. I thought I was doing good and will get an offer for sure because the hiring manager pretended to be interested, however, the week later the HR called me to tell me that they have decided to go with an internal candiate and Fidelity has to promote within rather than bringing people from outside. I was really shoked to hear that because i work full time too and I had to spend my days off to come to the office, not knowing that they have already made a decision to promote someone and they just have to go thru an interview process any way. My advise: do not waste your time because a lot of the positions do not really exist there.....

Interview Questions

• None, the people who i has an interview with were not prepared and wanted me to lead the interview and ask them questions!   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments in June 2012.

Interview

the hiring process took a very long time and was very bureacratic, it felt like there was lack of communication in the human resources department. my start date was delayed twice.

Interview Questions

• if you were a kitchen appliance, what would you be?   1 Answer

Negotiation

i did not try to negotiate as it was my first job out of college.