Fidelity Investments Associate Software Engineer Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fidelity Investments Associate Software Engineer Developer Interview Questions

2.7

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Westlake, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Westlake, TX).

Interview

The entire interview process lasted about 3 hours. First we got to tour their beautiful campus and learn about the perks of working there. Then there were two 45 minute interviews. One was a behavioral interview and the other was a technical interview. Afterwards we got to speak to former new hires about what we could expect from the training program.

Interview Questions

• What are the four major concepts of object oriented programming?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Fidelity Investments

Anonymous Employee in Westlake, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Westlake, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process was fairly simple, it consists of 2 45 minute parts, one technical and one behavior interview as well as a campus tour where you view the different office environments that fidelity has that you can work in.

Interview Questions

• Write code that multiplies 3 by the first 10 numbers an print the output   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

Very Simple technical questions pertaining to DB, The recruiting team was at our university the entire interview process was for 1 day, nothing out of the box questions. Simple basic Java and DB questions. Get your basics right

Associate Software Engineer Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

Applied online and got a phone call in a week.
    On campus interview scheduled 2 days after.
    Interviewers were all nice. 2/3 were basic behavorial questions.
    The rest are technical questions. Straight forward, no trick.

Associate Software Engineer Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

3 rounds of interview. 1 technical and 2 HR round. Each of them went for 30 to 45 min of duration. After the interview process they usually take couple of days to let you know the results.

Interview Questions

• Technical round was easy. Asked for basic concepts of JAVA, Database Systems Algorithms and your coursework.
      HR asked questions related to projects that I worked upon and some behavioral question based upon a given situation.   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments in October 2014.

Interview

Applied and was referred by an employee. Applied to the LEAP program (software development track). Had one screener-type phone call about the program and then had 3 interviews: 1 technical and 2 behavioral. The 3 interviews were with 3 different technical people (Senior Software Engineers etc.). The technical questions were mainly focused on Java and OOP; there was no writing of code.

Anonymous Employee in Smithfield, RI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Smithfield, RI) in June 2014.

Interview

Extremely easy and almost entirely behavioral. There no real technical questions. From others' experiences, I've heard they've asked some basic questions about the language the team works with for example encapsulation for Java programmers, or simple SQL questions, such as finding the 5th highest row for a certain column in a table, but this is only for more mid/senior level developers.

Interview Questions

• What drives you to want to code? And what is the most difficult challenge you've faced during a project?   1 Answer

Associate Software Engineer Developer Interview

Interview

Got a email for scheduled phone interview

Interview Questions

• What would you do , if you face a difficult situation ?   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

As an internal intern previously, the interview process is fairly quick. There was one 2 hour in person interview. The interview was divided into two parts - behavioral questions and technical questions. There were two interviewers.

None of the questions were overly difficult. There were standard OOP, Linux, SQL, and network questions. Standard OOP questions consisted of the follow:
    What is a class? How does garbage collection work in Java? What's an API?

I was also asked to write out a few queries. There were no 'Google' or 'Facebook' type of interview questions. The interviewers were very friendly and it was a very relaxed environment.

Interview Questions

• List the layers of the TCP/IP stack and define/describe each.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Entering the Leap Program, there is no negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Dallas, TX) in June 2012.

Interview

I became a technical intern through the college recruiters for the program the summer of 2012. Applied for the LEAP program once I was a technical intern. The process was laid back and they are usually more partial to interns getting into the program than outside students.

Negotiation