Fidelity Investments Associate Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fidelity Investments Associate Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 12, 2017

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Westlake, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Westlake, TX).

Interview

It was 2 hours interview. Overall very good experience. 2 Technical, 1 behavioral and 1 overall organisation structure walk through. Each one of them asked me if i need water or break even for 2 hrs of interview which made me comfortable.

Interview Questions

• It was while back so dont remember but very basic technical questions were asked as i joined as fresher   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Fidelity Investments

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

Screening test: Logic questions (online, 1 hour), ranging from medium to difficult

If you get through the test:
    In person technical interview: coding questions / logical puzzles -- asked to write pseudo code, solve various logical puzzles. Take your time and explain to the interviewer your thought process.

The interviewer was very nice, made me comfortable but my coding experience was pretty low.

Interview Questions

• How would you check all the positions on a chess board that the horse can go to? Write pseudo code.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Westlake, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Westlake, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

I simply had to go through a brief technical interview and a "regular" interview. The first gave me questions relating to software development, programming, and basic technological concepts. Things along the lines of basic programming questions, asking me to write pseudocode, answer questions about Java, Linux, SQL, and other similar types of topics.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you actively failed to accomplish something, and how you learned from it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, everyone gets the same initial salary.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

I applied online and had an interview via video. It took ~45 minutes and they really promoted Fidelity Investments. It was really relaxed and the questioning was forward. Interviewer was polite and understanding when I didn't have an answer for a question.

Interview Questions

• I was mainly asked about basic OOP concepts and how they apply. They also asked about previous experience and projects. One or two 'trick' questions but no crazy puzzles or expectations.   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments in February 2014.

Interview

Extremely easy. Mostly behavioral and past experience questions. I was first interviewed by the manager of the team I was interviewing for and then by the tech lead of the project I was going to be working under. Almost all questions were prior experience questions and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• What are previous projects you have worked on? What was challenging about those projects?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Rochester, NY).

Interview

On campus interview. 3 interviewers back to back. Tested basic problem solving, no seasoned developers so no real coding questions.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of how I dealt with a challenging team mate   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was an onboarding program. No negotiation. The offer was set and clarified, but not negotiated.

Anonymous Employee in Smithfield, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Smithfield, RI) in August 2011.

Interview

I got hired right after college and the process was based on two over the phone interviews with two different individuals; a project manager and a hiring manager.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mysore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Mysore (India)) in July 2015.

Interview

The first round was a online test. It was basically quants and verbal questions.We were given option to enter our preference of track - software engineer, data base engineer, main frame, quality assurance and infrastructure engineer. The interview was 3 rounds. Behavioural round, technical round and HR round.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about C and C++ , questions on projects done, some real life scenarios and how to solve them.   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mysore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Mysore (India)) in August 2013.

Interview

on campus there were four rounds 1st written then technical interview and then two hr interviews overall procss was a good experience

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2013.

Interview

Written Aptitude round , Tech and HR. APTITUDE IS EASY BASIC IT MATH AND C QUESTIONS. Technical is simple and then the HR is panel interview with resume based grilling of candidate Overall easy it not about being a super nerd its about how you present yourself .

Interview Questions

• basic mechanism of stack and memory location and transferring in micro controllers.   1 Answer