Fidelity Investments Interview Questions in Boston, MA | Glassdoor

Updated May 26, 2017

2.9

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Boston, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

After two phone interviews with Fidelity I was brought into their office to interview with everyone on the team I would be working for. I spent over three hours there. After about a week I found it curious that I had heard nothing from them, but decided to wait it out. After three weeks I reached out to find out that I didn't get the job. After investing so much time into the interview process it would have been nice to hear from them without having to reach out.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Boston, MA).

Interview

One day of 30 minute interviews with 7 various people around the company. Some directly related to hiring role, others not.
    Second day of 2 interviews with department heads (clearly after "passing" the test of the day one 7 interviewers).

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time when you made a mistake: how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Boston, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

Video interview. Was sent instructions for a short video interview. It was not too difficult. Only about 4 questions. Waited about a week and received word from them that the job listing was cancelled.

Interview Questions

• It was a vey high level interview. They asked about what I thought about Fidelity Investments. Nothing really too hard. Was expecting more. I do truly believe that the job was cancelled though. The listing for the position was removed from their website entirely.   Answer Question

Audit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Boston, MA).

Interview

Had 12 interviews to walk in the door off a college campus. Came in to the office for two rounds of marathon interviews and then had 2 phone interviews with leaders of the organization. I understand they want to hire the best, but seems excessive for an analyst.

Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied for the MBA Intern role which had around 10 interview slots for R1 from the college and then 3 among them invited to Boston for R2. R1 was 2 rounds of typical consulting with general case interview followed by behavioral. R2 was three back-to-back cases that lasted an hour each.

Interview Questions

• R1 cases could be on any topic and can be any case type. R2 was more focused on the work which different verticals at Fidelity engage in - asset management, stock options, retirement accounts, etc.   Answer Question

International Trader Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Boston, MA) in December 2016.

Interview

I just applied for this job online, and then I got a digital interview invitation. 5 quesitons in the digital interview, cannot re-record, questions are not very difficult, straightforward. Overall, it is ok, and I have not gotten any feedback yet.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Boston, MA).

Interview

Simple, over-the-phone interview with a college recruiter. Basically outlined what the opportunities were at Fidelity and asked basic questions about my resume, leadership experience, and things of that nature. Make sure that you have a couple of good questions lined up, they definitely are looking for a back and forth conversation.

LEAP Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

Simple interview process. Began with a 20 minute phone screen, although it seemed that the recruiter was unprepared.

A week later came a video interview, 1 behavioral and 1 technical back to back, 40 minutes each. The interview was pleasant in general, very nice people. Behavioral interview is more conversational, rather than plain question and answer. Questions mostly about the projects you've worked on, they ask you to talk about the difficulties and how you handled them, the challenges you faced, what's hard about delegating, working in teams, etc. I was project manager in a lot of parts in my resume and they asked me a lot about how I run my team and the difficulties about dealing with clients. The questions are really based on you and your experiences. Make sure to be ready to talk about EVERYTHING in your resume, even the small, unrelated things. I was caught off guard in that.

On technical, they ask you about Java, SQL, and basic programming skills as well as the SDLC, particularly about Agile.

The process was quick. Literally 5 minutes after the interview I got an e-mail asking me if they could call me and they informed me of the good news.

Overall, just take a deep breath. The interviewers are very very nice and they try hard not to make you nervous.

Interview Questions

• What is an INNER JOIN or OUTER JOIN in SQL? How do you insert into a table in SQL? Reverse a String in any programming language. Code a multiplication table. What is a user story? What is a scrum meeting?   Answer Question

Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Boston, MA).

Interview

Mostly risk-based; traditional resume and interview. Background checks, lots of paperwork. Mainly behavioral. Writing samples. Used me as a "temp" first and then became a regular consultant. In-person interview, asked me a hypothetical of what I would do in a given situation.

Financial Customer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Boston, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied through a recruiter, completed a phone interview, and am scheduled for a face to face interview. It has been a fast process. The interview was with a HR recruiter and about 30 minutes long. She was nice and instructive while also straight and to the point. Preparing for behavioral questions was helpful.

Interview Questions

• Why Finance? Tell me about a time you had to probe information from a customer? Tell me about a time you went above and beyond to help a customer?   1 Answer