Fidelity Investments Interview Questions in Boston, MA | Glassdoor

2.9

159 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Boston, MA).

Interview

Very straight-forward and all in person. First one was with my manager to be, the second was with the senior business partner and the senior tech manager. Very professional and relaxed.

Interview Questions

• Basic PM interview questions, nothing surprising. Some "get to know you" questions, again, nothing difficult. Fidelity places a fair amount of weight on their culture so I know they were seeking to determine if I would be a good fit.   Answer Question

Investor Center Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Boston, MA) in December 2017.

Interview

Video interview with questions popping up on screen. Very awkward setting and mostly behavioral style questions. Very easy, but weird style because you are not speaking towards anyone. Overall easy, because the questions were simple. Although, I was not chosen to further interview.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Boston, MA) in October 2017.

Interview

There was an on-site interview with three different interviewers belonging to a different team. The interview lasted for 1.5 hours.

I felt that the interview was good. They said they would get back to me but didn't respond even until 3 weeks. I heard many other students receiving an offer but they never gave me any concrete answer. Finally, I got an offer from another company and when I emailed Fidelity again to see if they had arrived at a decision, they gave me a rejection.
    I felt that I was kept in the loop as a backup without any proper feedback or response from the company. They rejected me once I told them I have another offer.

LEAP Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Boston, MA) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied on. Got a response literally the next day. Had one of those hirevu video questions. Just asking why fidelity, why your major etc? Than I had a hackerrank exercise which was probably where i failed. You only have 1 hour to complete 3 questions. I was not prepared. Than I did two video interviews one technical, and one behavioral. They haven't gotten back but honestly, if you have not recieved a response with 1.5 weeks, you were probably declined.

Interview Questions

• Basic OOP essenials.
      SQL insertion, join
      Classes
      Inheritance
      Etc   Answer Question

Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Boston, MA) in October 2017.

Interview

Case and Behavioral. Met 5 people in the entire process. It was also focused on financial services and the line of business which is asset management as expected. thank you

UI/User Experience Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Boston, MA).

Interview

One brief phone screening led to an invite to the Seaport office in Boston where I met with three different employees all on the UI/UX team. Each one asked simple resume questions and the final interviewer asked me a few technical questions

Sector Specialist Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Boston, MA) in August 2017.

Interview

First round interview was thru the Skype. An HR will reach out to you at a pre-scheduled time. Basically work thru your resume stuff, some behavioral questions like leadership and teamwork. No surprise.

Equity Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Boston, MA) in August 2017.

Interview

I had 2 video interviews, one with a recruiter and one with a portfolio manager, followed by a final round of interviews at the Boston office. The interview process took 3 weeks.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Boston, MA) in June 2017.

Interview

Twenty minute Telephone interview. I was referred by a relative and 1st spoke to an employee then he connected me to the human resource person who scheduled me for the telephone interview. She called me and then we scheduled the interview for the following week. I should have been better prepared. I thought she was going to ask more general behavioral type questions but I was asked specifics that I was unable to answer. I knew by end of interview that I wouldn't be called in for in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Was asked if I understood what the Series 6 and series 7 tests covered   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Boston, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

30 minute phone call with a recruiter, 30 minute phone call with the hiring manager, and about a 2 hour onsite composed of four 1 on 1 interviews with the hiring manager and 3 engineer/architect/director.

The phone calls were pretty much the standard behavioral questions like why Fidelity Investments, tell me about yourself, what you'd like to do, etc.

The onsite interviews were most behavioral questions, but there was 1 "technical" round. The technical round wasn't based on problem solving, data structures, algorithms, team work or any of the standard technical interviews you'd expect. It was just a bunch of questions on specific parts of technologies and the expectation was that you would be able to read the interviewers mind and respond with the exact answer in his head. Other than the "technical" round, the other interviewers went pretty well; the interviewers were friendly and the conversations were good.

Interview Questions

• Unfortunately, I do not remember any of the specific questions asked in the"technical" round. They were a bit ridiculous. No SQL/databse, data structure, algorithm, concurrency, programming language specific, etc related questions.   Answer Question