Fidelity Investments Interview Questions in Boston, MA | Glassdoor

2.9

157 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

UI/User Experience Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Boston, MA).

Interview

One brief phone screening led to an invite to the Seaport office in Boston where I met with three different employees all on the UI/UX team. Each one asked simple resume questions and the final interviewer asked me a few technical questions

Sector Specialist Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Boston, MA) in August 2017.

Interview

First round interview was thru the Skype. An HR will reach out to you at a pre-scheduled time. Basically work thru your resume stuff, some behavioral questions like leadership and teamwork. No surprise.

Equity Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Boston, MA) in August 2017.

Interview

I had 2 video interviews, one with a recruiter and one with a portfolio manager, followed by a final round of interviews at the Boston office. The interview process took 3 weeks.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Boston, MA) in June 2017.

Interview

Twenty minute Telephone interview. I was referred by a relative and 1st spoke to an employee then he connected me to the human resource person who scheduled me for the telephone interview. She called me and then we scheduled the interview for the following week. I should have been better prepared. I thought she was going to ask more general behavioral type questions but I was asked specifics that I was unable to answer. I knew by end of interview that I wouldn't be called in for in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Was asked if I understood what the Series 6 and series 7 tests covered   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Boston, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

30 minute phone call with a recruiter, 30 minute phone call with the hiring manager, and about a 2 hour onsite composed of four 1 on 1 interviews with the hiring manager and 3 engineer/architect/director.

The phone calls were pretty much the standard behavioral questions like why Fidelity Investments, tell me about yourself, what you'd like to do, etc.

The onsite interviews were most behavioral questions, but there was 1 "technical" round. The technical round wasn't based on problem solving, data structures, algorithms, team work or any of the standard technical interviews you'd expect. It was just a bunch of questions on specific parts of technologies and the expectation was that you would be able to read the interviewers mind and respond with the exact answer in his head. Other than the "technical" round, the other interviewers went pretty well; the interviewers were friendly and the conversations were good.

Interview Questions

• Unfortunately, I do not remember any of the specific questions asked in the"technical" round. They were a bit ridiculous. No SQL/databse, data structure, algorithm, concurrency, programming language specific, etc related questions.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Boston, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

After two phone interviews with Fidelity I was brought into their office to interview with everyone on the team I would be working for. I spent over three hours there. After about a week I found it curious that I had heard nothing from them, but decided to wait it out. After three weeks I reached out to find out that I didn't get the job. After investing so much time into the interview process it would have been nice to hear from them without having to reach out.

Technical Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Boston, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

Online Application - answered some basic questions
    Video interview - send in a video answering a few questions
    Phone Interview/ Behavioral - asked questions about interests, projects, etc.
    Received a phone call from HR with offer, accepted

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Boston, MA).

Interview

One day of 30 minute interviews with 7 various people around the company. Some directly related to hiring role, others not.
    Second day of 2 interviews with department heads (clearly after "passing" the test of the day one 7 interviewers).

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time when you made a mistake: how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Boston, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

Video interview. Was sent instructions for a short video interview. It was not too difficult. Only about 4 questions. Waited about a week and received word from them that the job listing was cancelled.

Interview Questions

• It was a vey high level interview. They asked about what I thought about Fidelity Investments. Nothing really too hard. Was expecting more. I do truly believe that the job was cancelled though. The listing for the position was removed from their website entirely.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Boston, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

It is a video interviewing.
    Firstly, brief introduction of yourself. Then he will let you to describe the project you do in details as well as ask you about your plans for the future. In addition to this, common questions like difficulties you met in your work as well as your advantages and disadvantages.