Fidelity Investments Interview Questions in Boston, MA | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 20, 2017

2.9

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Boston, MA).

Interview

One day of 30 minute interviews with 7 various people around the company. Some directly related to hiring role, others not.
    Second day of 2 interviews with department heads (clearly after "passing" the test of the day one 7 interviewers).

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time when you made a mistake: how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Audit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Boston, MA).

Interview

Had 12 interviews to walk in the door off a college campus. Came in to the office for two rounds of marathon interviews and then had 2 phone interviews with leaders of the organization. I understand they want to hire the best, but seems excessive for an analyst.

International Trader Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Boston, MA) in December 2016.

Interview

I just applied for this job online, and then I got a digital interview invitation. 5 quesitons in the digital interview, cannot re-record, questions are not very difficult, straightforward. Overall, it is ok, and I have not gotten any feedback yet.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Boston, MA).

Interview

Simple, over-the-phone interview with a college recruiter. Basically outlined what the opportunities were at Fidelity and asked basic questions about my resume, leadership experience, and things of that nature. Make sure that you have a couple of good questions lined up, they definitely are looking for a back and forth conversation.

LEAP Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

Simple interview process. Began with a 20 minute phone screen, although it seemed that the recruiter was unprepared.

A week later came a video interview, 1 behavioral and 1 technical back to back, 40 minutes each. The interview was pleasant in general, very nice people. Behavioral interview is more conversational, rather than plain question and answer. Questions mostly about the projects you've worked on, they ask you to talk about the difficulties and how you handled them, the challenges you faced, what's hard about delegating, working in teams, etc. I was project manager in a lot of parts in my resume and they asked me a lot about how I run my team and the difficulties about dealing with clients. The questions are really based on you and your experiences. Make sure to be ready to talk about EVERYTHING in your resume, even the small, unrelated things. I was caught off guard in that.

On technical, they ask you about Java, SQL, and basic programming skills as well as the SDLC, particularly about Agile.

The process was quick. Literally 5 minutes after the interview I got an e-mail asking me if they could call me and they informed me of the good news.

Overall, just take a deep breath. The interviewers are very very nice and they try hard not to make you nervous.

Interview Questions

• What is an INNER JOIN or OUTER JOIN in SQL? How do you insert into a table in SQL? Reverse a String in any programming language. Code a multiplication table. What is a user story? What is a scrum meeting?   Answer Question

Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Boston, MA).

Interview

Mostly risk-based; traditional resume and interview. Background checks, lots of paperwork. Mainly behavioral. Writing samples. Used me as a "temp" first and then became a regular consultant. In-person interview, asked me a hypothetical of what I would do in a given situation.

Financial Customer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Boston, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied through a recruiter, completed a phone interview, and am scheduled for a face to face interview. It has been a fast process. The interview was with a HR recruiter and about 30 minutes long. She was nice and instructive while also straight and to the point. Preparing for behavioral questions was helpful.

Interview Questions

• Why Finance? Tell me about a time you had to probe information from a customer? Tell me about a time you went above and beyond to help a customer?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Boston, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

The first initial screen over the phone was not much of an interview. Just talked about compensation and some of the benefits that would come with working for Fidelity. Brought in for a second interview which was to talk directly with the hiring manager and the VP about the role itself and some of the characteristics and qualifications that would make a good fit. Was asked back in for a final round less than 24 hours later for more behavioral questions that related. Very simple and beneficial conversations all around. Definitely nice to feel good coming out of both in person interviews with the structure and conversations that occurred.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about the role you are applying for?   1 Answer

Production Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Boston, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

Received a call from a recruiter. Recruiter told me about the open 6-month position and asked me if I was interested. I told him that I am looking strictly for full time graphic designers position. After a short conversation, I have decided that it wouldn't hurt to apply anyways. He called me back and told me that the department manager would like to have 1:1 interview, we set up a time and I went. I have met with one of the managers and as we were walking to a conference room I was told that 2 other people will join us which was complete news to me. Interview was fairly easy and lasted a little over an hour.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? Why did you apply to work here? What are your strengths and weaknesses? What are you looking to get out of this position?   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Boston, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

Video interview where they ask 4-5 questions and you are given about 1-2 minutes to respond to each one. Very impersonal and awkward as I much prefer speaking with people face to face and engaging in conversation. The video interview turned me off from Fidelity altogether.

You aren't able to see your responses and there are no retries.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in Fidelity?
      Tell us a little about yourself.
      Answer Question