Fidelity Investments Brokerage Operations Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fidelity Investments Brokerage Operations Representative Interview Questions

2.0

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Westlake, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Westlake, TX).

Interview

Applied online, contacted by recruiter within a week for phone screening review of resume and any highlights/holes. One-on-one interview with manager a week later. Very relaxed, not intensive at all, mostly another filter to make sure you are intelligent and stable. A second interview with another manager and junior executive roughly week later. This was more challenging and a lot of "good-cop/bad-cop" comradery. By the end of the interview I felt like I was mildly incompetent and had blown it. I think that was their goal so that they could make lowball offer.

I received an offer one day after the second interview. It was garbage, but I took it because I knew I would thrive at the firm and accelerate my career. My pay was eventually raised but have learned that no position at the firm pays well unless you work in Technology or move up to management. I have witnessed very high turnover because people oversell themselves in the interview and then learn the job is not worth their offer. I will say that Fidelity's benefits are the best of any company I have ever worked for, and they keep getting better. But I would rather have higher salary.

Getting back to the actual interview, my advice: you have to want the job more than anyone else in the world, and then prove why. I also recommend you make a counter-offer even if you are desperate. If they refuse, then look somewhere else. Maybe the frustration will encourage management to start offering better starting salaries.

Outside the interview, you will be required to take a drug test and the firm makes a very rigorous background check which I've heard takes up to a year to complete. Bad credit? You will not get the job, even if highly recommended by current employee. They also scrutinize your investment and trading activity and place burdensome restrictions on this.

Interview Questions

• Review of qualifications and experience
    "Why finance?"
    "Describe yourself in 1 word"   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Fidelity Investments

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Providence, RI) in February 2013.

Interview

Very easy straightforward, one interview and in. Got a phone call saying they were interested, came for an interview 2 days later and had a simple interview. The manager told me on the spot they liked me and would be in touch shortly. I got into my car and drove off, getting a phone call on the ride home saying they are offering the job to me.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Dallas, TX) in July 2010.

Interview

i was called by a recruiter who suggested in interview for a particular position. i interview with two directors and a manager then was offered the job. they were asking questions that showed my personality not skills

Interview Questions

• what was a difficult situation in your previous job?   Answer Question
    • why do you want to work at fidelity instead of a company that relates to your college major?   Answer Question

Negotiation

be honest