Fidelity Investments Interview Questions in Cary, NC | Glassdoor

Fidelity Investments Interview Questions in Cary, NC

2.1

Financial Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Cary, NC) in February 2016.

Interview

First Interview was practically a screening call where you're asked the standard behavioral questions (how have you dealt with difficult team members in the past?). Soon-to-be graduate so asked about gpa and internship experience along with all other resume points. Interview provided a solid explanation of what the position entails and the career trajectory. Next step is an on-campus interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you collaborated with another person/organization to meet a specific end result.   1 Answer

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Cary, NC) in June 2014.

Interview

Applied online and forgot about it, then got a call from the recruiter asking if I could come in for an interview the next week. 30 Minute in-person interview with my to-be manager, was very easy. I would recommend this position to students look ing for a first corporate experience

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to overcome an obstacle   1 Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Cary, NC) in December 2013.

Interview

Applied online and within two weeks received an email wanting to setup a phone interview. This was rather general in nature. Questions were why are you leaving and why do you want to work here, what do you do at work, and other generic questions. Also, I was given details about the company and how its structured, A day or two later I received another email that now I would need to do another phone interview, this time with the hiring manager and another individual who I think may have been a department lead/director. This interview was technical in nature discussing technologies that i have experience with. Projects and specific accomplishments. we also talk about what their goals were and spoke technically about how I could fit into help them accomplish that. I think the interview went well and Im sure the interviewers would agree. However, based on some of the discussions that we had, think we it became obvious that this position was probably not the right position for me at this time. A day or two after the interview I got a call back from the recruiter with feed back from the interviewers. The process was very pleasant and I admire the communication throughout the whole thing.

IT Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Cary, NC) in September 2012.

Interview

Initial phone screen then a series of interviews (8) across various groups in IT department. Met with hiring manager and several of his peers. Also interviewed with members of the team. Had to take an interview with senior leader late at night based on his schedule. Overall process was OK.

Interview Questions

• High level technical. Mostly behavioral. Tell me a time when......   Answer Question

Negotiation

I had to negotiate to get less than current employer was paying. They really use the bonus against you in hiring process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Cary, NC) in July 2012.

Interview

I submitted a resume via Career Builder and a few hours later a representative from Veritude called and gave me an overview of the job and set me up for an interview. I went to the interview today. First 12 people went in a conference room got a detailed overview. Then everyone had 1:1 interview. It was Very brief. No difficult questions. She just asked was I ok with the hours? Asked about some constructive criticism I recieved? And how I dealt with an upset customer? And also work history? It took about 5-10mins. Now I'm jus waiting on all the background checks and everything to come back to get an interview with the hiring manager.

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Cary, NC) in March 2009.

Interview

We had a mass hiring because Fidelity was opening a new call center in Cary, NC.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I asked for a higher salary. Fidelity offered $1,000 / year

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Cary, NC) in April 2008.

Interview

First a large group of interviewees were brought into a conference room and given a presentation. Then everyone broke out and had a 1:1 interview with a manager. There were no tricky questions. I received a tour of the facilities. Received a phone call the following day with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe what you know about defined contribution plans.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation phase.