Fidelity Investments Interview Questions in Covington, KY | Glassdoor

Fidelity Investments Interview Questions in Covington, KY

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Covington, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Covington, KY) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview was not difficult. A group of around twenty potential employees were brought in to discuss the company. We then met with two managers for the interview. This was the first in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply to this company?
      What will be your biggest challenge working here?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Covington, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Covington, KY) in September 2015.

Interview

Basic phone interview. Explained the position, and made certain that I was still interested in the position. Next I was asked questions that essentially followed the STAR method, and I was then able to ask any of my own questions. They extended an invitation to an in person interview and scheduled it. I have yet to attend said interview, but I was told that it would be very similar to the phone interview

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you provided excellent customer service.   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Covington, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Covington, KY) in September 2015.

Interview

I went through two interviews. One phone interview and one in person interview. The questions were pretty standard behavioral based questions. Nothing that you wouldn't see at any other interview. The atmosphere was fairly laid back and thankfully not high pressure.

My tips for a successful interview. If you are interviewing for any customer service role, make sure you have examples of where you have went above and beyond to serve a customer and when someone was went above and beyond to serve you. You will need a decent example for both of those and it has to be something more than your average McDonalds visit. Make sure you bring any and all customer service experience to the forefront. Focus heavily on the customer service part of any job you worked and als focus on any Financial Industry background you might have. Just note, having Financial Industry experience will give you an advantage, but you still will want to highlight your customer service background. They can and will teach you about financial products, but they can't easily teach you how to serve customers well. One last thing, wear a suit and tie. Everyone did in my group, and not wearing said attire will likely cost you your shot at the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a past time where you received great customer service. What made it a good experience?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Covington, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Covington, KY) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online after hearing wonderful things from a relative who works there. I received an email from a recruiter who set up a phone interview which lasted about 45 minutes. I was invited in for an in-person interview. The interview began with a group where we watched a PowerPoint describing the company, the typical day, and the role. Then, we broke into individual interviews with two managers and one interviewee. This lasted about an hour. Afterwards, we took a critical thinking test.

We were told that we would hear something in 5-10 days. I received a call back same day with an offer and asking if I had interest in a non-entry level position.

I accepted the offer for the original position and am now in limbo waiting for the offer letter, background check, credit check, and drug screening. This part has been the most inconvenient. While I have accepted the offer, I'm still waiting for final steps to put in my two weeks notice at my current employer.

Anonymous Employee in Covington, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Covington, KY) in May 2015.

Interview

The process started when I got an email from an HR rep scheduling a phone interview. The phone interview took an hour and was about half job description and half behavioral interview. The questions were pretty easy and mostly about customer service. I think as long as your answers make sense they move you on to the next step. They told me at the end of the phone call that they wanted to schedule an in person interview but she didn't have any dates yet so she would get back to me.
    She called me about a week later to set up the in person interview but the date was for about two weeks later. It was almost a month between the phone interview and the in person interview. Before the interview I had to complete another application online with work history going back 10 years and addresses going back 5.
    The in person interview took about 3 hours. You show up and go through most ofnit wirh a group (my group had about 10 people). The first hour was a presentation over the company. Then we went on a brief tour (just the floor you'll be working on, the training area, and the cafeteria). After the tour we went individually for our interviews. You are interviewed by 2 hiring managers for about an hour. They ask a lot of the same questions as the phone interview and they have the notes from that interview so you're supposed to try and give different answers. I didn't have the 'good cop-bad cop' experience other people have mentioned, both interviewers were nice to me. After the interview you take a exam that measures your reasoning and ability to use logic. No biggie and no way to study for that.
    That was it for the interview. I interviewed on a Wednesday and received an offer of employment that Friday although it took 3 more weeks to actually start.

Interview Questions

• What does good customer service mean to you?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time you received excellent customer service and tell us why that was excellent.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time when you received criticism that you did not agree with and what you did about it.   Answer Question
    • Why Fidelity? (They ask this several different times in several different ways)   Answer Question
    • What do you anticipate being your biggest struggle if you get the job?   Answer Question
    • What are your normal study habits?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. They tell you the rate and you take it or leave it.

Anonymous Employee in Covington, KY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Covington, KY) in May 2015.

Interview

The first interview was a phone interview that lasted about 45 minutes.
    Then after the phone interview I heard back 2 days later and was offered an opportunity to come in and participate in a 3 hour interview. Consisted of a tour, a powerpoint introduction, the actual interview, and a critical thinking inventory exam.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of questions to determine what you knew about the job, but most of the interview consisted of behavior based questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Covington, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Covington, KY) in April 2015.

Interview

Brief phone interview that was entirely behavioral. Asked to interview in person immediately after and accepted. In-person interview was 2:1 with two managers who asked largely the same questions as the phone interview with a few additions. This interview process is not hard if you come off as sincere or hard-working since the point of the role is essentially to get your Series 7 then handle a lot of the baseline customer service for them which is largely a tedious and arduous process on all fronts.

Interview Questions

• "Describe a moment when you received incredible customer service."
      "Describe a time when you went above and beyond in your work and were recognized for it."
      1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Covington, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Covington, KY) in March 2015.

Interview

The process starts when a recruiter calls you and just tells you general knowledge about the job and to make sure it is something you are still interested in. After that they will set up a phone interview with you that takes about 30 minutes. This more of a screener interview so as long as you have decent answers you will probably receive a second interview. They then bring you in for a 2nd in person interview. During this you will sit through a presentation and learn about the company and take a tour of the building. After this you have a 2 on 1 interview with the hiring managers. Most of the questions they ask in both interviews are behavioral and are even the same. After this you will take a critical thinking test. As long as you have common sense you should have no problem with that. A couple days after the interview the recruiter will call you and let you know if you have received an offer for the position.

Anonymous Employee in Covington, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Covington, KY) in March 2015.

Interview

First phone call is to set expectations for phone interview and to go over salary and benefits. Second call is first round interview. If you pass the phone interview, you will be told at the end of the call that they would like you to come in for an interview in person. Make sure you give examples of how you strived and struggled in the customer service industry. Also, make sure you can talk specifically about your study habits, since you will be studying for the first couple of months of employment.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to help a customer figure out what they really wanted. How did you work to come up with a resolution that would meet his/her needs?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Covington, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Covington, KY) in January 2015.

Interview

A lady called me on the telephone, to do a telephone interview. She asked several general questions about relating to customers. She asked me if I had much experience with telephone conferences with customers, asked if I used the company. By the end of the phone call she let me know that I would not be a good fit for their company and that my experience with customers was not enough.