Fidelity Investments Customer Service Associate I Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fidelity Investments Customer Service Associate I Interview Questions

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Oak Brook, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Had 2 phone interviews with the recruiters, followed by a in-person interview and met with the branch manager and customer experience manager. They were very friendly, the interview went very smooth and last about 45 mins. The questions were very basic.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Fidelity Investments

Anonymous Employee in Westlake, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Westlake, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Hour long phone interview with one of their HR reps. At the end, they decide if they will invite you to a interview at their headquarters. About 15 interviewees total and then you get pulled by two managers for a more in depth interview. Not too hard if you can handle multiple questions from different angles.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrimack, NH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Merrimack, NH) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview started with an hour long presentation and tour. Then an hour one on one with two managers. Mostly all behavioral interview questions. The managers with very kind and made me feel comfortable. The campus is huge.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Dallas, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

First round was a 45 minute phone interview to see how well you would speak to them over the phone. Once you qualify, they assess you on your answers and tell you what you may need to work on during the second round in person. Went in a week later and they take you with a group of 5 into a room to give you information about the company. I asked a few questions to show my interest and that I was paying attention. Once that is over, two managers will come pick you you up from that room. They assess you the moment they start showing you around. They want to see if you're actually interested in this field of work and if you're fit for the work. You get a small tour until you get into the interview room.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Albuquerque, NM) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online, got an email to set up a phone interview time, had a first phone interview that lasted less than 10 minutes and then a request to get in contact when I was closer to graduation.

Anonymous Employee in Merrimack, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Merrimack, NH) in September 2015.

Interview

1. Received an e-mail inviting me for a phone interview after about 2 months of applying online. That was pretty simple, the interviewer told me about the company, benefits, jon description and what questions to expect on my second phone interview.
    2. Second interview included some behavioral questions, it was longer and more serious. I felt like I was being evaluted this time. The questions weren't hard, I guess they just wanted to check if you were worth being invited for a face-to-face interview. I was then referred to the in person interview.
    3. It took a few weeks to receive the interview confirmation by e-mail. I thought they had given up offering me an interview. I finally received confirmation about 2 weeks later. My interview was scheduled for 2 weeks adter that. Was the first one to arrive at the location, HUGE. It's a whole bunch of acres across the street from the Merrimack Outlets. A few minutes after the scheduled time the HR person who I had the second phone interview with came pick me and 5 other people up. Brought us upstairs to a conference room where a manager came in and gave us a presentation about the company in general. He asked if we had any question between slides, I tried to throw one or two questions it's good to show interest. After the 45 min presentstion he took us on a tour on the call center which is also huge. The employees seemes busy with customers. We then 'parked' ourselves on the corner of the call center to wait for 2 managers to call each one of us for the in person interview in a separate room. They made me feel welcome, valued, they were very polite, didn't really try to make me nervous. They did ask many behavioral questions. After the interview we shook hands and I was escorted back downstairs.

Received job offer 2 days after interview.

Interview Questions

• Why fidelity? Why finance? How do you tell a customer he cannot do something with his money because of laws and regulations? How did you deal with an unhappy colleague? What motivates you? How did you deal with an unhappy customer? When did you provide exceeding customer service?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Covington, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Covington, KY) in September 2015.

Interview

I went through two interviews. One phone interview and one in person interview. The questions were pretty standard behavioral based questions. Nothing that you wouldn't see at any other interview. The atmosphere was fairly laid back and thankfully not high pressure.

My tips for a successful interview. If you are interviewing for any customer service role, make sure you have examples of where you have went above and beyond to serve a customer and when someone was went above and beyond to serve you. You will need a decent example for both of those and it has to be something more than your average McDonalds visit. Make sure you bring any and all customer service experience to the forefront. Focus heavily on the customer service part of any job you worked and als focus on any Financial Industry background you might have. Just note, having Financial Industry experience will give you an advantage, but you still will want to highlight your customer service background. They can and will teach you about financial products, but they can't easily teach you how to serve customers well. One last thing, wear a suit and tie. Everyone did in my group, and not wearing said attire will likely cost you your shot at the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a past time where you received great customer service. What made it a good experience?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Jacksonville, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

My process was all online with someone from HR who knew nothing about what the rest of the company did other than what they read in the HR brochures. HR needs to rotate through the entire company before being promoted to decide the future of the company. Typical HR people... clueless..

Customer Service Associate I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments in April 2014.

Interview

Two phone interviews. One short one to get information and another hour long one that went over typical interview questions. Straight forward and not a lot of pressure. Asked questions about experience and how you handle workplace situations. Don't need a total understanding of investing. More focused on communication skills and how you deal with people. Then hour long face to face interview. Group of 10 that gets a powerpoint presentation then break into one on one or one on two interview. Similar questions as in phone interview but more situational to dealing with clients and team members.

Interview Questions

• Ask what you would do if someone called who was upset about a previous experience trying to get a hardship loan and was denied of had a negative experience in general.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Albuquerque, NM) in April 2010.

Interview

They do a background check, phone interview, and you physical interview allows for a site introduction and interview with three managers. They have security and you have to sign in with them and get a visitor badge. Oh and the facility is out in the middle of nowhere.

Interview Questions

• Ask what a typical day is like for a customer associate?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation allowed.