Fidelity Investments Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fidelity Investments Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Oct 31, 2017

55 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Covington, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Covington, KY) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview process took about a month. Applied online, was set up with an online interview through Hirevue. After that, I spoke with a recruiter who set up a time for me to interview with two managers. In person interview lasted roughly 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Fidelity Investments

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Albuquerque, NM) in September 2017.

Interview

went to the first interview went great then came the second interview and the girl candice completely lied and said i said that i wasn't concerned about customer service at my last job like what the hell i would never ever say such a thing i really do not have a clue about what her problem with me was but made me mad and upset because i really wanted the job

Interview Questions

• well i studied and the girl lied so really doesn't matter what they ask you they give you a quiz and even when you study she didn't tell the truth   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rhome, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Rhome, TX).

Interview

Got an email about the company's hiring team being interested in my application/résumé after submitting application online. I had about a week to submit an online video interview. The video interview was on HireVu and hey asked about 8-10 questions and j had to answer them in 2 minutes or less with 30 seconds to prepare my answer.

Interview Questions

• What is your curry understanding of the Series 7 and Series 63 licenses? Have you ever had to obtain any licenses or certifications in the past? How would you go about preparing for this type of exam?   Answer Question
    • Here at Fidelity we work in a very fast paced goal oriented environment. Please describe some goals in your current or past position. How did you meet these goals?   Answer Question
    • In addition to providing excellent customer service, we often need to uncover the customer's unstated needs. Can you tell me about a situation in which you had to really dig and probe to find out what someone needed or wanted? How did you do that?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrimack, NH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Merrimack, NH) in June 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with Recruiter who asked mostly behavioral questions and also asked how much I knew about series 7 and 63 license process. Then an online timed quiz that was sent via email link. Once completed I had to notify recruiter I was done.

Interview Questions

• Describe, in detail, a time you had to resolve a customer complaint and what actions you took to resolve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Denver, CO) in March 2017.

Interview

First and foremost, I didn't apply for this role was told that without a Series 7 license I'm ineligible to interview for ANY sales job with Fidelity. I've had my Series 6 and 63 for ten years...sold Individual and Group retirement products...this is a terrible rule in my opinion.

Taking a few steps back in my timeline, I applied to three jobs in mid January and heard crickets chirping until I reached out to my friend and colleague who current works for Fidelity. She was able to reach her contacts and a front line HR rep called me two weeks later. My interactions with her were pleasant overall.

In Mid-February I completed the initial phone screening and competency test. The phone screen takes and hour and the competency test the same. This test was easy in regards to the content but timed and set up to make you rush through. Upon completion of step 1 and 2, I interviewed with two managers at the Denver Tech center location. The building is great, people seem nice, and overall vibe tries to be modern but it is still a concrete box and cubical life.

Early March, the in person interview was sub-par. The questions didn't flow, the two people sitting across from me have done it four million times and could care less, and the process seemed forced and without any connection. One question basically asked me to predict the future....

Mid March, I emailed my HR contact since I didn't hear anything in two weeks. She finally reached out and left a voicemail.

Interview Questions

• I had maybe a dozen different streams of interview questions where they start with one and ask more based upon the answer you give. A few times the conversation stalled they ask you if you have any questions about Fidelity. Be sure to bleed Fidelity before you even work here...they really loved the why are you choosing Fidelity? What brought you here today?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Denver, CO).

Interview

1. Referred by employee
    2. Video Interview
    3. In Person Interview

Easy process, basic questions about why I am interested in finance and fidelity as a company. Don't stress to much. The video interview was kind of strange.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you went above and beyond for customer service?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

Video interview, phone interview, and final in person interview. I would suggest doing a lot of research and not try to BS through it because they will know. Be prepared for behavioral questions and explaining why you left your last job amd be able to give plenty of examples of costumer service.

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process for Fidelity is very pleasant. They definitely make you feel welcomed and feel good about the interview regardless of whether you get the job or not. but be careful, there will be a written exam at the end of the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Westlake, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process took about 2 hours. It was a group of us that they called out one by one. We interviewed with 5 different people. I was actually interviewed each time individually throughly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

It took about 2 months from application to interview. We took a small group tour of the impressive facility amenities, but no work area tour. Individual interviews took about 10 mins, had to answer 4 or 5 typical questions. Interviewer was not friendly, but professional.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you went above and beyond in your current job.   Answer Question