Fidelity Investments Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fidelity Investments Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Aug 14, 2017

53 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rhome, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Rhome, TX).

Interview

Got an email about the company's hiring team being interested in my application/résumé after submitting application online. I had about a week to submit an online video interview. The video interview was on HireVu and hey asked about 8-10 questions and j had to answer them in 2 minutes or less with 30 seconds to prepare my answer.

Interview Questions

• What is your curry understanding of the Series 7 and Series 63 licenses? Have you ever had to obtain any licenses or certifications in the past? How would you go about preparing for this type of exam?   Answer Question
  • Here at Fidelity we work in a very fast paced goal oriented environment. Please describe some goals in your current or past position. How did you meet these goals?   Answer Question
  • In addition to providing excellent customer service, we often need to uncover the customer's unstated needs. Can you tell me about a situation in which you had to really dig and probe to find out what someone needed or wanted? How did you do that?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Fidelity Investments

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrimack, NH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Merrimack, NH) in June 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with Recruiter who asked mostly behavioral questions and also asked how much I knew about series 7 and 63 license process. Then an online timed quiz that was sent via email link. Once completed I had to notify recruiter I was done.

Interview Questions

• Describe, in detail, a time you had to resolve a customer complaint and what actions you took to resolve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Denver, CO) in March 2017.

Interview

First and foremost, I didn't apply for this role was told that without a Series 7 license I'm ineligible to interview for ANY sales job with Fidelity. I've had my Series 6 and 63 for ten years...sold Individual and Group retirement products...this is a terrible rule in my opinion.

Taking a few steps back in my timeline, I applied to three jobs in mid January and heard crickets chirping until I reached out to my friend and colleague who current works for Fidelity. She was able to reach her contacts and a front line HR rep called me two weeks later. My interactions with her were pleasant overall.

In Mid-February I completed the initial phone screening and competency test. The phone screen takes and hour and the competency test the same. This test was easy in regards to the content but timed and set up to make you rush through. Upon completion of step 1 and 2, I interviewed with two managers at the Denver Tech center location. The building is great, people seem nice, and overall vibe tries to be modern but it is still a concrete box and cubical life.

Early March, the in person interview was sub-par. The questions didn't flow, the two people sitting across from me have done it four million times and could care less, and the process seemed forced and without any connection. One question basically asked me to predict the future....

Mid March, I emailed my HR contact since I didn't hear anything in two weeks. She finally reached out and left a voicemail.

Interview Questions

• I had maybe a dozen different streams of interview questions where they start with one and ask more based upon the answer you give. A few times the conversation stalled they ask you if you have any questions about Fidelity. Be sure to bleed Fidelity before you even work here...they really loved the why are you choosing Fidelity? What brought you here today?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Denver, CO).

Interview

1. Referred by employee
    2. Video Interview
    3. In Person Interview

Easy process, basic questions about why I am interested in finance and fidelity as a company. Don't stress to much. The video interview was kind of strange.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you went above and beyond for customer service?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

Video interview, phone interview, and final in person interview. I would suggest doing a lot of research and not try to BS through it because they will know. Be prepared for behavioral questions and explaining why you left your last job amd be able to give plenty of examples of costumer service.

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process for Fidelity is very pleasant. They definitely make you feel welcomed and feel good about the interview regardless of whether you get the job or not. but be careful, there will be a written exam at the end of the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Westlake, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process took about 2 hours. It was a group of us that they called out one by one. We interviewed with 5 different people. I was actually interviewed each time individually throughly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

It took about 2 months from application to interview. We took a small group tour of the impressive facility amenities, but no work area tour. Individual interviews took about 10 mins, had to answer 4 or 5 typical questions. Interviewer was not friendly, but professional.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you went above and beyond in your current job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Westlake, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Westlake, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online via LinkedIn. Within about 2 weeks I received an email from a recruiter wanting to schedule a time to speak with me over the phone. The first screen phone call took about 35 minutes. It started off with your standard questions such as why do you want to work for Fidelity, then questions about your education and work experience. Then the recruiter explored my work experience some more, asking questions about different customer service scenarios I might have experienced and how I handled it. After completing the phone screen I was invited for an in-person interview. The recruiter was great giving me feedback and what examples to use for my customer service experience when I went in for my interview. They were wanting to fill the position fast so I had a few days notice to meet with them. She even sent me some other material to read up on about different licenses you might need to get in the future in case they were to ask me. I went for my in-person interview which consisted of 2 managers in the department. They were a nice, down to earth duo so my interview felt pretty laid back. I will say since I have a ton of customer service experience the interview was very easy for me for how I handled all sorts of situations. Also, and this is key, ask questions at the end. At first I didn't really have any but they kind of nudged me to ask questions. Ask how your day will be structured, how does the feedback/grading happen, etc. I think since I asked the right questions it really helped me get recommended for hire. Which I got the call the very next day I was eligible to be hired! :)

Interview Questions

• Why Fidelity? Tell me about a time you received feedback and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Westlake, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Process was straight forward, waited about 15 minutes, interviewed with 2 hiring managers reading questions off what looks like questionare, questions wasn't hard, had nothing really to do with the job requirements neither had no experience interviewing anyone, one seemed annoyed or tired. Most questions were behavior questions. The dept I applied for hours 7am thru 11 pm not sure if the position was for me