Fidelity Investments Interview Questions in Durham, NC | Glassdoor

57 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

1. Featured Interview

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Durham, NC) in November 2016.

Interview

Lengthy most of the question were really challenging , i was able to make my case, they really liked my resume and skillset. It was quite complicated interview than i would imagine. Overall happy with the way they conducted the video interview and the technical telephonic interview.

Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Durham, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

A brief phone interview followed by two video interviews, one technical and the other behavioral. The entire process was facilitated by a recruiter I met at my university's career fair.

Software Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Durham, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by someone in HR. She said she had received my resume from a colleague and was interested in talking to me about opportunities at Fidelity. We found a position that I was qualified for and I did a phone screening with the team manager. She asked me to come in for a series of in person interviews. For the in person interviews I talked to one person via video chat in one of their conference rooms. Then I had a series of 4 short interviews, all one-to-one except for one, where I was interviewed by a pair of employees. These interviews ended with a one-on-one with the team manager. All interviews were fairly casual and conversational in nature. There was no actual coding involved. Be prepared to talk at length about projects you have worked on though. Lots of behavioral questions.

Overall a very good experience--they make you feel at home which eases the pain of interviewing. I spent about 2 hours on location for the interviews.

The HR rep that I was in contact with throughout the process was the best I've dealt with over the past several months I've been interviewing. She was on top of things and responds VERY quickly when you need something.

I accepted the offer they gave me. It was more than I intended to negotiate for so I was very happy. I had my phone screening on a Thursday, the in person interview the following Monday, and they called me with an offer that Thursday. All told it might have taken 2 weeks from the time HR called me.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Durham, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

You get a call to pre-screen you for the job. Then a phone interview and in person interview with Vertitude. Final interview was a tour and presentation of facility, then interviewed with 2 managers.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time where you had to help a customer with a difficult issue. Very detailed   Answer Question

Defined Benefits Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Durham, NC) in August 2016.

Interview

Several interviews - first one by phone; only asked 3 questions then explained I would be receiving an email advising if I was asked for a personal interview; I was contacted same day. they were very personable and asked standard interview questions. Second was more of a group presentation and then the candidates met with 2 supervisors for a consultative interview.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you had to tell a disgruntled customer no to their request.   1 Answer

Negotiation

LEAP Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Durham, NC) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online, took 4 weeks to get back to me. Initial phone interview with behaivoral and some techical, then I had an in person interview the next week. Very nice people up front. Was given a nice tour, then I had the techical portion of the interview, unfortunately they gave me the systems architect as my interviewer, I thought I was going to be questioned on Java and SQL but we ended up talking about Node.js and MongoDB since it was on my resume. I thought it was just a chance to see if I could learn anything but it took time away from the skills I was actually applying for. Behaivoral portion was ok. My experience at fidelity its self was fine but the reason my over all review is negative is because they never bothered to contact me at all to say whether or I got the position. I even emailed the recruiter a few times and nothing. It's been 5+ weeks without hearing nothing so I know they rejected me by now. Just don't expect to hear back from these people at all if they don't give you an offer within a week.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to solve a problem in a creative way.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Durham, NC) in April 2016.

Interview

It was two interviews. One over the phone and another was video. It was about thirty minutes. The second interview was only about 10 minutes. Research before you apply. It really helps.

Financial Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Durham, NC) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online. Within a few days i received an email from a Fidelity recruiter asking to set up a phone interview. We scheduled for the next week. I just finished the phone interview and i scheduled for the onsite in a few weeks. I wanted to post the questions that were asked before i forgot, and to make sure that i could help someone else prepare for theirs. Good luck!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Tell me about a time where you had to probe information from a customer
      Why the Finance industry?
      What do you know about Fidelity?
      Are you open to receiving feedback about your work?
      Tell me about a time where you gave exceptional customer service.
      Tell me about a goal you set and achieved and what motivated you.
      Have you ever been in a metrics driven environment? Describe that for me.
      How do you feel about metrics being transparent to your team?
      Tell me about a time where you received criticism from your manager.   1 Answer

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Durham, NC) in March 2016.

Interview

8 months wasted...

I was contacted by their internal recruiter from Boston last summer... then after a series of jobs being "de-funded", etc., I got an actual in-person interview through a different channel - a local employee referred me.

So I had to start over from scratch with a new recruiter. This one wouldn't send me the actual job description until the last minute. When I finally got it, it appeared they want someone who knows Angular.

I have several years of JavaScript and know some Angular - not much, so I spend the weekend studying up on my Angular.

Interview time rolls around - not one question about Angular.

Interviews were a series of four half-hour 1 on 1s -- 2 behavioral and 2 technical. The technical interviews were awkward b/c they booked a room without a whiteboard. Also, it's weird when the interviewer tells you your answer is wrong when it's not.

The behavioral interviews were weird b/c the project managers didn't seem to one to have a one-on-one conversation like humans do, but just wanted to ask standard interview questions and look at their clipboards to write down every single word of your answer. Every. Single. Word.

Interview Questions

• In JavaScript, how would you count the number of each item in an array, such as ["A", "B", "C", "A", "A"].   1 Answer
    • Behavior interviews were standard interview questions - what is your biggest strength, tell me about a time you overcame a challenge, etc.   1 Answer

Data Architecture Oracle ETL Roadmap Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Durham, NC) in March 2016.

Interview

The phone interview with the recruiter went well. The onsite location changed at the day before the interview. Was setup with two interviewers that appeared not to have reviewed my resume before the interview. The second interview didn't seem to interested in my resume. I was asked a lot of questions about the Cassandra database, but not a single question about Oracle. I answered all of their questions. It appeared they were trying to eliminate me by asking questions unrelated to the job posting. The recruiter told me the interview went well but they were perusing other candidates.