Fidelity Investments Equity Research Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fidelity Investments Equity Research Associate Interview Questions

3.6

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Equity Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

Had a 1:1 interview with an analyst. Asked several detailed questions about my opinion on the markets and a few stocks.

Other Interview Reviews for Fidelity Investments

Equity Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments in October 2009.

Interview

I applied online through my school's career services website. Was selected for a first round interview. The interview was going fairly smoothly, mostly soft stuff about my background, until I referenced my personal investment experience. At that point, the interviewer seemed to perk up and started asking me some fairly difficult and technical questions about the stock purchases I had made, and my "investment thesis" for each. Extremely competitive for second round interviews and I was not one of the lucky few

Interview Questions

• What was your investment thesis for this particular stock?   Answer Question
    • If you were asked to choose between two stocks, what would you want to know?   Answer Question

Equity Research Associate Interview

Interview

I had a phone interview. The interviewer asked a lot of technical questions, details about my resume, and the interviewer asked them at a quick pace. They were interested in knowing what books that I have read, and made sure that I followed the market. It was a fast paced interview, nothing too difficult besides being a quick thinker.

Interview Questions

• Basic finance questions, but you had to explain yourself   Answer Question

Equity Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in November 2014.

Interview

The interviewer was nice and directly asked what else stocks would I pitch and whether I had solid evidence to support my assumptions. Unfortunately I didn't have enough time to get prepared for it. If you passed the 1-2 rounds of phone interview you'd be invited to the assessment center where the final round took place. The stock pitch competition is critical to this role.

Equity Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (London, England (UK)) in January 2012.

Interview

I had a telephone interview for an internship at equity research at Fidelity. The interview was quite standard, with competency questions like in most other financial firms.

Equity Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments in November 2011.

Interview

on boston forum for the position in Asia-pacific excluding Japan
    went through the resume (all internships)
    behavior questions , what did you learn from activities
    valuation questions
    pitch a stock

Equity Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments in February 2011.

Interview

The interviewer asked questions about the background motivation and some technical questions related to CAPM. Also asked about factors that might be indicative of the industrial trends.

Interview Questions

• What might affect the number of houses built in the US per month?   Answer Question

Equity Research Associate Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments in February 2011.

Interview

I was given a case study and a few questions mainly about why Fidelity and why fit.

Equity Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments in October 2010.

Interview

1:1 Interview in the first round followed by 5 additional interviews in the office. The PM's asked very specific questions and your investment thesis on a few different stocks. Fit interview with HR at second round. After the first round, candidates have to prepare for a stock pitch for the second round interview.

Equity Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (London, England (UK)) in January 2009.

Interview

I failed to make it to the next round, so I don't know much about it. As far as I know, the interview process should be very selective. That's all I can offer you.

Interview Questions

• What prompts your application for the job?   1 Answer