Fidelity Investments Financial Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 11, 2017

2.7

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Financial Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

Initial Interview was a one-way video interview. You are given ten questions and have 30 seconds to prepare before recording your 2 minute video response to each question. You get two chances at each question. The second round was an in person interview with the manager. The in person interview followed a loose script of questions but was very relaxed and conversational.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my previous book of business? Number of accounts, assets, etc.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Fidelity Investments

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amarillo, TX

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Amarillo, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

3 interviews so far, with 2 recruiters before this, I will have another interview coming up, but said process should be quick after this one. Have to travel a lot for interviews

Financial Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

I was asked to do a digital interview. I was sent a link. The link took me to the job site, nor the interview site. I e mailed and called numerous times to get this corrected but never got even an acknowledgement of my guestion

Interview Questions

• Too bad. Fidelity missed out on a motivated talented advisor. If you treat interviewees this way how do you treat your clients.cX   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Denver, CO) in February 2017.

Interview

Initial Video Interview. Once I passed, I was selected for a phone interview. 2 hour interview. I don't know the relevance of their questions. It's not based on me as a professional.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of how you impacted the life of another in your work environment-- or something like that.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tualatin, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Tualatin, OR).

Interview

Completed initial questionnaire where I had to record myself answering some basic personality questions. This is a 1 sided interview.

After completing this, I was contacted to come into the branch to meet with the regional and branch manager.

I Interviewed the regional and branch manager. Did not get the position because management believed I wouldn't have been fulfilled/happy working the position. I respect their decision, and they were probably right about that as this role requires little financial knowledge. You only need to know enough to bring on clients and open accounts.

I have a strong analytical background with some sales experience in financial services and degrees in both finance and accounting. I am disturbed that the managers made it very clear that they had no interest in finance, as they are a financial services firm after all. I hope this sort of mentality does not trickle down to employees in the branch as many of their clients depend on them to make wise financial decisions and not just aim for sales targets.

Overall, a pretty laid back interview. Questions were pretty basic and nothing to lose sleep over. If you have sales experience and/or a liberal arts degree, this may be an excellent entry into financial services for you.

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

You need to demonstrate your ability in active listening. Then, you need to be able to communicate the financial concepts effectively. You also should be able to present the solutions that help meet the client's needs.

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Baltimore, MD) in May 2013.

Interview

Hiring process was quick. I received a phone call a few days after I applied and I was scheduled for a phone interview. 2 days later I was scheduled for on-site interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation