Fidelity Investments Financial Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 8, 2017

2.9

220 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Jacksonville, FL) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got an email back the next day to set up a phone interview. The interviewer was very nice and only asked a few questions. She then sent me an email to take a LIMRA assessment that took 45 min. The problems are easy but the time limit ticks down in front of you so it adds a level of stress. I got a call back a week or two later to set up an in-person interview where you learn more about the job and get asked questions about your passion for service.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Fidelity Investments

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

long drawn out process took over 9 months. Multiple phone interviews culminating with a 4 hour on site interview. First couple phone calls were to see if you fit what they were looking for, then as the process went on they described the job and role itself. Neglected of course that this is a CALL CENTER JOB

Interview Questions

• typical interview questions, what would you do in "this" situation   1 Answer

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

Interview was very easy, all fit questions with maybe one or two about mutual funds. Was exactly the same as the phone interview for the most part, so just listen to the recruiters feedback. If you present yourself well and are likeable with minimal knowledge you will get the job

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

During the interview, they like to ask a lot of behavioral based questions. So have examples from personal experience to sell yourself. Everyone was very friendly and nice which helped the process.

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments in August 2016.

Interview

I have got a phone interview and a digital interview, both were last for around half an hour. It took about a month from the day applied to the end of the interview. The HR people were very nice and responsive. They were very open to your questions. The questions were behavioral based and they always asked for examples to support.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Why do you think you are fit with the position.
      What are your strengths.
      What difficult situation did you encounter? Give examples.
      Why Fidelity
      Why Finance
      How would you prepare to get series 7 & 63   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

Interview

Pretty simple and easy. If they like you, you will progress through the internet process pretty quickly.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you dealt with a difficult customer and provide for me the steps that you went through to resolve the issue.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

1st interview was online. They had a series of pre recorded questions and at the end of each question you were given 1 minute to prepare your answer and up to 1 minute to give your response. There are no retries on this, your first recording is all you get. About 20 minutes.

2nd interview was a phone interview. Pretty straightforward. After the 2nd interview I had to do a 2 part online questionnaire. First part was a 45 minute 45 question test of sorts. About 30 were math related (basic math) and the last 15 or so were questions like "dark is to day as heat is to winter". The second half wasn't timed and was more a personality test. Agree, disagree situation questions. Phone: 20-30 minutes. Questionnaire: 90 minutes or so.

3rd interview was in person with the manager. It was about an hour total. Once you've made it to this interview the manager mainly just wants to see if you are quick on your feet and make sure you're dedicated/motivated enough to pass the series 7 and 63 tests.

Each interview was about 1-2 weeks apart. Start date was a couple months after the final interview.

Interview Questions

• They want very specific examples to all questions.
      Q. Why are you interested in this role/why fidelity?
      Q. What motivates you in finance?
      Q. What do you know about the series 7 and 63 licenses?
      Q. Specific example of when you had to study for something difficult. Other licenses or tests, how you studied, what you did that helped.
      Q. Example of when you received excellent customer service.
      Q. How you handled an upset customer.
      Q. How you went above and beyond to help a customer and what the result was.
      Q. Consultative approach with a customer, when they want something that isnt in their best interest.

These are all the questions I can remember from all 3 interviews.   5 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Albuquerque, NM) in June 2016.

Interview

Interview Process took about 3 days total. The first portion was over the phone where I was asked about my customer service experience. Most questions were scenario based. The second day was me going to the facility where I was shown around and interviewed again in person. Same type of questions were asked. Was offered the job about a week later.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were scenario based customer service questions.   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

I first applied online. Then had an online interview in which they ask common guest service questions. Such as describe your best costumer experience or a time in which you had to recommend a service or product to a customer based on their needs.

Interview Questions

• Describe your best customer service experience. Tell us about a time where you had to recommend something to a customer based on their needs.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Westlake, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Took about 1 week after application for them to contact for an interview. Sent an email with a link to webcam interview and urged applicants to complete asap. First interview was set up online via webcam-very awkward. It shows a recording of hr person asking questions, you have a few moments to "prepare your answer"(30-60 sec) and then must record yourself on video giving your answer (2-3 minute max). Asked 8 questions total, took about 20-30 minutes.