Fidelity Investments Financial Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fidelity Investments Financial Representative Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Merrimack, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Merrimack, NH) in February 2013.

Interview

Phonecall, phonecall, in person. Good interview process, they try hard and want you to succeed. Study behavioral interviewing and make sure to research the company, try to understand what you are applying for. Internal reference is highly important.

Interview Questions

• Where do you wee yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Fidelity Investments

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

During the interview, they like to ask a lot of behavioral based questions. So have examples from personal experience to sell yourself. Everyone was very friendly and nice which helped the process.

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got an email for a phone interview within a few days. The phone interview was 45 minutes to an hour. Finally, I invited for an in-person interview. Prior to the on-site interview, I had to take a "math" test and a personality questionnaire. Research behavioural questions and come up with answers to the questions listed on the page (it was very helpful for me) and you will be able to get the job. I got a call with an offer a few days after my interview.

Interview Questions

• The phone interview questions are pretty well listed in the other reviews. The on-site interview had many of the same questions. They want to know that you want to work for the company. Study the culture of the company, know that Fidelity is a very innovative company, and the company really cares about their customers.   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you got feedback and didn't agree with it.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you had to work as a team.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you were given great/bad customer service.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

I was very fortunate beginning the hiring process with Fidelity. I was linked by a top tier Financial Consultant who was able to push me past the first round of phone interviews. I was then brought in for a first round, in-person interview. It consisted of meeting with three different branch service managers and their assistants all in one location. After a successful first round, I received an email back one week later saying my interview was "favorable." When I was brought back, I went directly to the branch where the manager requested me for a second round. It's been exactly two weeks since I went in for the second round and still haven't heard any feedback after being guaranteed to hear back from them for a week.

Although I am frustrated and feeling anxious, the complete experience overall - I have been very grateful and appreciative of it. I have just graduated from college with a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration with a concentration in Finance. This position would be most optimal for and individual like me. I pray for some positive news soon.

Interview Questions

• Give me a scenario where you have been apart of a team and have had discrepancies within. What did you do to resolve these issues and overcome them?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Salt Lake City, UT) in May 2015.

Interview

3 rounds of interviews, very straight forward and to the point. The first interview was a national recruiter that called to talk more about the position and why you would want to work for fidelity. The next interview is an actual behavioral question phone interview with a recruiter from Fidelity. If they choose to move along with the process you will be invited to do an in person interview, I interviewed with about 12 other people...after hearing a power-point 2 managers come and interview 2:1, basically the same behavioral questions asked in the second phone interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you study? (Regarding the Series 7 & 63)

What does excellent customer service mean to you?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Denver, CO) in April 2015.

Interview

Thorough. The interview process is more intimidating than other companies. I believe that they want to make you feel uncomfortable by making the interview feel more like an interrogation. You WILL walk away from this interview with a feeling of discomfort unless you are incredibly prepared. This is completely intentional. They want to gauge your reaction when you are uncomfortable. Communication skills are key, as this job is all about client interaction. The phone interview will be the most important part of the process. Prepare well. The questions asked will refer more to your flaws than your strengths.

Interview Questions

• What is one time that you have received criticism by a manager and how did you respond to that criticism?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Fixed. The salary recently increased. No negotiation.

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments in December 2014.

Interview

I had 3 interviews. The first was a very basic phone interview asking what I knew about the company and why did I want to work for Fidelity. I enjoy investing and helping people and this is exactly what they wanted to hear. I was next scheduled for a 30 minute phone interview where I was warned that the majority of the questions would be behavioral and was given the advice to practice.

Next I had the 30 minute phone interview. I found it challenging because I was asked to give specific example after example of times I gathered information from a customer and helped them get exactly what they wanted even though it was different from what they first thought they wanted.

I was asked to recommend a restaurant to an out of town guest. I live in Cincinnati and recommended a very famous restaurant on the river named Montgomery Inn. I went into extensive detail about the history of the restaurant and the variety of food. I was then told I failed this question because I should of first asked the out of town guest what type of food and dining were they looking to experience. I was told overall I did good but keep in mind for the next interview Fidelity is all about the customer expierence and remember to site examples of when you gave the customer the opportunity to ask questions and listen before offering guidance.

For the 3rd interview I was brought onsite to Fidelity. The first hour was dedicated to a group presentation selling us on the Fidelity philosophy. It was even to agree with their philosophy of every decision is based on if only these 3 things are achieved. It must be good for the customer, the business and the employee. If one of those is missing we don't do it.

I was then interviewed by 2 employees for the next hour. They asked for a lot of examples of where I pulled a rabbit out of the hat in stressful situations with customers and coworkers. I was very practiced and prepared and gave example after example.

Side Note: I was offered the job and accepted. I was hired at the end of December and the job was to start at the end of Feb. I I passed a background check and a drug test. I was also told to schedule for fingerprinting. I had some difficulty scheduling the finger printing because I had already taken off work to do the interview. I was planning on doing the finger printing a couple weeks before the job started but I received and email in the middle of Jan that because I took so long to schedule fingerprinting I had fallen out of compliance and the offer was being taken away.

My only advice to the company is that they should have communicated a specific date that fingerprinting needed to be completed. I did drag my feet on the finger printing but was never given an indication it would cost me the position by not having completed by a certain date.

Interview Questions

• When did you help someone who they wanted one thing but it turned out they were really asking for something different?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Get your fingerprinting and drug test done immediately.

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments in October 2014.

Interview

Was contacted by recruiter to set up initial phone interview. They were very fast to get this set up and move forward in the process. The interview is expected to be about one hour long and is fairly in-depth.

Interview Questions

• They have a very strong emphasis on behavioral interview questions and are looking for very specific answers. Tell me about a time when... Prepare for the questions because it will be a deal breaker if you do not answer them properly.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Westlake, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Westlake, TX) in November 2012.

Interview

Lengthy process. Two phone interviews one in November and one in December. Submitted a four page application. Onsite interview with approximately 20 other candidates in January. During the on-site interview there is a powerpoint presentation, tour, two-people interview and exam. I received a call back the next morning and was told an offer would be sent via e-mail. Drug test, fingerprinting/background check and credit check. Date of hire in March.

Interview Questions

• How have you in the past encouraged a co-worker that was not putting in the effort required to help the team be successful?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Westlake, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Westlake, TX) in May 2012.

Interview

Got a call from recruiter and had a pre-screen phone interview then scheduled and had a phone interview. After phone interview, I had an in-person interview with two managers and took a test.