Fidelity Investments Financial Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fidelity Investments Financial Representative Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2017

2.9

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments in May 2016.

Interview

It was a three step interview process. The first interview was an online HireVue interview, in which you record yourself answering questions with no one on the other side of the camera. There was also a brief written portion with the HireVue video. The second interview was by phone, and it was mostly informational, with the recruiter explaining job duties and the company culture. She was very nice and also asked technical questions about the series 7 and 63. The third interview was an in person interview with the hiring manager, scheduled for one week after the phone interview. The only thing I was unhappy about was that Fidelity cancelled my third interview less than 24 hours before my scheduled interview time and I had already spent a lot of time preparing. Other than that, it was a great experience.

Interview Questions

• What do you like and dislike about your current job, and why are you interested in this position?   Answer Question
  • What motivates you to be a top performer?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Fidelity Investments

Financial Representative Interview

Interview

I had a phone interview with Fidelity. The interview was focused on describing the position, explaining the series 7 and 63 exams and asking questions to see my communication skills. The subject matter was tailored to my personal experience but the aim was to see how I asked questions and how I would respond. Basically, they wanted to see my customer service skills. They also discussed the details of the position (benefits and salary, etc.)

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

The company is very open about everything. The send you information to prep for the phone and in-person interview. There ask behavioral questions and are ensuring that you are a good fit for the company.

Interview Questions

• If you had to suggest a place to eat dinner for a new person in town, what kind of information would you need from them to give a good suggestion.   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in American Fork, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (American Fork, UT) in April 2016.

Interview

They will first give you a tour of the building and show you what the work environment is like. Then they will take you to an office to start the interview questions. Fidelity is very customer oriented and emphasizes in creating the best customer experience in the industry.

Interview Questions

• Give me a specific example where you provided an excellent customer experience.   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments in March 2016.

Interview

I received a quick call to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was about an hour long. The interviewer asked a bunch of behavioral questions. The interviewer also went over all of the awesome benefits that Fidelity has to offer, the training process, the work hours, and expectations. I felt as if the interviewer was trying to sell the job to me, rather than me trying to convince her to hire me. I feel as if Fidelity would be a great company to work for. From all that she went over with me, I can tell that Fidelity appreciates and places a high value on its employees.

After the interview, I was e-mailed a questionnaire to complete. There was a 45 minute timed exam, and another questionnaire that was more behavioral related. The second questionnaire was not timed and only took about 10 minutes to complete. After I completed the two questionnaires, the interviewer called me and scheduled an on-site interview. This interview is in a couple of weeks. I was told that it would last about 3 hours.

I have not received an offer yet, but I am hoping to receive one after my in person interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Fidelity?
      Are you open to receiving feedback about your work?
      If someone from out of town asked you for a restaurant referral, what questions would you ask them in order to direct them to the best restaurant?
      Tell me about a time where you gave exceptional customer service.
      Tell me about a time where you received criticism from your manager.
      Have you ever been in a metrics driven environment? Describe that for me.
      How do you feel about metrics being transparent to your team?
      Tell me about a time where you had to study for a hard test.
      What do you know about the series 7 and series 63 exams?
      What are your goals?
      1 Answer

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

Video Interview, Phone Interview, Exam, Managerial Interview. The questions were mostly behavioral based, but few were about the processes that you'd be doing as a FR, and whether or not they appeal to you.

Interview Questions

• A lot of emphasis on how I would prepare for the Series 7 and Series 63.
      Q: Describe a time that you delivered great customer service.
      Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got an email for a phone interview within a few days. The phone interview was 45 minutes to an hour. Finally, I invited for an in-person interview. Prior to the on-site interview, I had to take a "math" test and a personality questionnaire. Research behavioural questions and come up with answers to the questions listed on the page (it was very helpful for me) and you will be able to get the job. I got a call with an offer a few days after my interview.

Interview Questions

• The phone interview questions are pretty well listed in the other reviews. The on-site interview had many of the same questions. They want to know that you want to work for the company. Study the culture of the company, know that Fidelity is a very innovative company, and the company really cares about their customers.   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you got feedback and didn't agree with it.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you had to work as a team.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you were given great/bad customer service.   Answer Question

Application

Interview

I applied online, and a week later I received an email to schedule a phone interview for the following week. I thought the phone interview went well, and the person seemed interested in me. It was clear that I did a lot of research on this position via the company website, Glass Door, and investment information websites because I knew exactly what was required for the Series 7 and 68 exams, and how I would prepare for those exams. However, at the end of the interview, I was told I "wasn't a good fit" with no explanation even though I asked.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you gave and received exceptional customer service.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Denver, CO) in March 2016.

Interview

Took only about a week to hear back. Started with a semi awkward video interview in which no one from fidelity is on the other side. After that about 3 days later I was asked to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was pleasant but they re asked a lot of questions from the video interview. Also she talked for about 30 minutes of the 45 minute interview. Overall it was a decent experience and she offered me constructive criticism.

Anonymous Employee in Covington, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Covington, KY) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview was not difficult. A group of around twenty potential employees were brought in to discuss the company. We then met with two managers for the interview. This was the first in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply to this company?
      What will be your biggest challenge working here?
      Answer Question