Fidelity Investments Financial Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 8, 2017

2.9

220 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Covington, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Covington, KY) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview was not difficult. A group of around twenty potential employees were brought in to discuss the company. We then met with two managers for the interview. This was the first in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply to this company?
    What will be your biggest challenge working here?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Fidelity Investments

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

I applied online, and a week later I received an email to schedule a phone interview for the following week. I thought the phone interview went well, and the person seemed interested in me. It was clear that I did a lot of research on this position via the company website, Glass Door, and investment information websites because I knew exactly what was required for the Series 7 and 68 exams, and how I would prepare for those exams. However, at the end of the interview, I was told I "wasn't a good fit" with no explanation even though I asked.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you gave and received exceptional customer service.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Merrimack, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Merrimack, NH) in March 2016.

Interview

Long, took about 2 months from start to finish. The recruiter was crystal clear in setting appropriate expectations and time frames though. There was also a drug test and background check

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to overcome a particularly difficult challenge   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

I had a phone interview from a recruiter out of state. He asked me a few questions. i was not very prepared about the details of the job responsibilities or the tests that we need to take to be a financial representative. I emphasized too much on questions about my personal qualities.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the job? Do you know about the certificates you need to get?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Jacksonville, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online, received an email a couple days later from a recruiter, scheduled a phone interview. 5 minutes in to the call she starts asking about criminal history, credit history, employment history, etc. She was very condescending, kept interrupting me, and talking down to me. When I told her of two minor things in my past that would show up on their background check, she made me feel like I was a convicted rapist or something. She immediately ended the interview.

Interview Questions

• What items on your credit report may show up as derogatory?   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments in January 2016.

Interview

Part 1: Met with two potential supervisors. Very pleasant conversation and they made me quite relaxed. They asked generic questions of prior employment experience. Part 2: Took a multiple choice test which identified my opinions/interpretation of a brief written paragraph. No right answers and you do not get the results. Part 3: Background check, drug test.

Interview Questions

• Please provide an example of excellent customer service you received. Please provide an example of poor customer service you received. How would you handle a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Denver, CO) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview itself was quite easy. They'll ask you about why you chose fidelity and why you're interested in finance. My advice is to do some research about the company and try to come up with ways to prove why you would be an asset to the organization. Also, be sure to look professional for the interview as they take that very seriously. Other than that, there should be no problem. They make you feel welcomed and they'll treat you like family. I highly recommend it!

Interview Questions

• Why fidelity? Why finance? Why would you be an asset to this company? How did you find out about fidelity? What do you know about the company?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There's really no chance to negotiate your salary when you first start, but its easy to get promoted if you work hard. We were told that a few others were promoted right after they passed their series 7 since they have precious experience with sales and high net worth clients.

Anonymous Employee in Merrimack, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Merrimack, NH) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online which was shortly followed by a phone interview. Met with two managers for the second interview. Most questions were behavioral to make sure that you could communicate clearly to clients

Interview Questions

• Act like I have forgotten how to tie my shoes and walk me through the process without looking   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Westlake, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied directly through Fidelity. 2 interviews total. 1st one was a phone interview and 2nd interview was onsite at Westlake. There were about 10 people there, and they brought us into a conference room where they gave a presentation on the history of Fidelity, and then four current Financial Reps took the group on a quick tour of the facility where we could ask some questions to them. Then I interviewed with 2 managers and took an aptitude test. About a 3 hour process all together. The phone interview was very similar to the in person interview.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had to use a consultative approach with a customer?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you received criticism from your supervisor.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at Fidelity/in the financial services industry/in this role?   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

Phone interview. the interview was great and the interviewer as well. Basic question around Customer Service. Great feed back on what I needed to improve. The behavioral interview was pretty standard and basically just a conversation. Some questions were "Describe a time you had to deal with a difficult team member?" and "Describe a time you received praise for…