Fidelity Investments Financial Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 8, 2017

2.9

220 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Merrimack, NH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Merrimack, NH).

Interview

First interview was conducted over the phone. Laid back. The recruiter was very nice. The conversation was formal, but informal enough to laugh a bit to feel comfortable. Lasted about 45 minutes. The In-person interview consisted of 8 other applicants. We were introduced to a few employees and were given a power point about Fidelity and it's values/vision/goals. Next, 2 hiring managers spoke with you and asked similar questions given to you over the phone. Lastly, you had to fill out a comprehensive standardized test. Nothing you can study for ahead of time. Similar to SAT style questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you showed great customer service.
    When was a time where you received great customer service?
    What do you know about a series 7 and 63 exam? How would you prepare training for it?
    Why Finance?
    Why Fidelity?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Fidelity Investments

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

Screening interview, Phone interview, in person interview.

The screening interview just makes sure you know what the position is, Phone interview is based on whether they think you can pass the series 7, and the In person interview is based on STAR format and a personality test is given to see if you can pass the series 7

Interview Questions

• How do you study?
      How do you learn?
      What do you know about Finance"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Westlake, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Westlake, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview process started with a phone interview. This was a very detailed phone interview and the interviewer would actually ask a lot of the questions that the on-site interviewers would ask. After the phone interview, i was asked to come for an on-site interview about a month later. From there, I was offered a job about a week later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you believe you either gave or received excellent customer service.   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

Phone interview with situation questions. After that I got an onsite interview with very similar questions but also had to take a personality test. The event had 12 or so people invited to and the interview is conducted by 2 managers.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of a team setting you've been a part of and had issues. What were the issues and how did you resolve them?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Jacksonville, FL) in November 2015.

Interview

The HR rep took a long time to get back in touch with me after submitting a resume/application. After she did touch base, she took a long time to set up the actual interview. The interview itself was a normal series of questioning. I was required to take a personality assessment before the interview began.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you worked with an upset client. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Merrimack, NH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Merrimack, NH) in October 2015.

Interview

I had a great experience at Fidelity. I was at the Merrimack location for about 2 hours. This included a brief tour of the building, an interview that lasted about 45 minutes and then a testing section that took me around 45 minutes also. I interviewed with two employees at the same time. I really enjoyed speaking with both of them. They're questions were pretty straight forward and they offered great insight into the company.

Interview Questions

• What is a time you were given feedback that you didn't agree with and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Merrimack, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Merrimack, NH) in October 2015.

Interview

Phone interview , know your resume and what position you are applying for be sure to review what the series 7 and 63 exams are. An hour phone interview followed by a 2 hour on site interview. Phone interview on Friday on site interview Monday accepted offer by Monday evening.

Interview Questions

• Examples of various customer service questions such as good experience, you received good customer service, etc   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Denver, CO) in October 2015.

Interview

1, Online interview
    2. phone interview with basic interview questions based on previous experience
    3. second phone interview with manager
    4. lastly on-site interview with logic test

Overall good experience. Very nice friendly people. Great work environment with growing facilities.

Anonymous Employee in Londonderry, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Londonderry, NH) in October 2015.

Interview

Was contacted by a member of HR and set up a phone interview for the next week. Phone interview lasted about 45 minutes and was composed of primarily behavioral-based questions. At the end of our talk I was invited for an on-site interview the next week.

Was told that the onsite interview would last around 3 hours, which it did. Seven of us were first brought into a conference room where we were given a presentation on the company. We were asked several questions about what we learned from it - make sure to answer as they do take note. Two former financial reps then came in and spoke about the role/company and we were given the opportunity to ask them questions about the job. Next, we were shown around the floor where we would be working and then led into another room where we met up with the managers who would be interviewing us.

The interview was very non-intimidating. Both managers were very kind and made me feel comfortable. Make sure to have a fair understanding of the Series 7 exam (i.e. what it is, how the test is made up, what it covers). They put a lot of focus on how difficult the exam is and really liked that I knew a fair amount about it.

The final stage of the interview process was taking a reasoning test that they use to determine how well you might do on the Series 7. Was very straight forward, just make sure to read through everything and take your time; theres no rush.

Interviewed on a Wednesday evening; was called the next day with an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation
    Set hourly rate due to the ability to work overtime.

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process was really quick. I applied online and then had a web interview about three days later. This was followed by a phone interview with the recruiter two days after the web interview and then an in office interview a few days after that. The interview wasn't very difficult and they are basically looking to see that you can communicate with customers and provide great customer service. Virtually no questions on finance related materials other then making sure you are ok with getting the series 63 and series 7 licenses.