Fidelity Investments Financial Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 26, 2017

2.9

216 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Westlake, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Westlake, TX).

Interview

Know about the job and know what you're talking about give details..... lots of behavior work problem solving questions.... one phone one in person then a final one with managers....

Interview Questions

• Give me an example how.you handles an upset member..... what were you're steps in solving this etc...... how have you handles bad feedback from your boss... what did you do to improve..... what were your stats as far as.performance at your last job....... how well can you analyze..... what's the differmece between good.customer service and great.....   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Fidelity Investments

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Dallas, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

After receiving a notification from a recruiter, I was given a 45-minute phone interview. Questions asked were pretty basic. "Why do you want to work at Fidelity?" "Why do you want to be a representative?" After the phone interview, I was asked to schedule an in-person interview. \

Interview Questions

• What do the words "first class" mean to you when it comes to customer service?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO) in September 2015.

Interview

It was a pretty standard interview process. First is a video interview, in which you respond to a few questions about customer service and your professional experience. Second is a standard phone interview using STAR format questions. Third and final was a on-site interview with a manager, also in STAR format. After the final one you take a thirty minute logic test that they use to gage how well you would do on the series 7.

While the video interview was a little different than most, overall it was a quick and easy process. It took a month between when i sent in the application and getting in for an interview. But there was only two weeks between first interview and getting hired. They are hiring fast at the Greenwood Village location in order to expand, so they may be less selective than other sites right now.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you received great Customer Service?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Durham, NC) in September 2015.

Interview

Involved a three (3) stage interview process. Starting with a phone screen/interview. The phone screening was quite thorough. Lasted for almost an hour. The interview process involved a presentation, tour and a panel interview.

Interview Questions

• If given the job what do you foresee as an immediate challenge in your new role?
      Where do you see your self in the next 1 yr working at the firm?
      How would you describe excellent customer service?   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

First, Phone interview. 2nd, interview with multiple managers, including hiring manager. I would say the only frustrating things about the process was it felt very inefficient. I felt things could have been done in a panel setting rather than multiple interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time I had to deal with a difficult client - what happened and how was it resolved.   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

They will first call and setup a phone interview. After the phone interview they will bring you on sight for the one on one. Two managers will interview you. They will do a brief history of the company and describe the product. After that you will have general background check and drug screen. It is a fast turn around.

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Salt Lake City, UT) in August 2015.

Interview

My friend sent my resume to the HR department, and they emailed me about a month later to set up the phone interview. The phone interview was not a great experience because the HR person was not very nice. She assumed a lot about me and basically told me that my answers weren't good enough, but at the end she set up the on-site interview.

The on-site interview was much better. It started out with a critical thinking test of 80 questions. It wasn't too bad, and they assured me that it didn't matter how long it took, but to take my time and think about each question. That part took about an hour or so for me. After that, two managers gave me a tour of the facility and answered my many questions about the departments and requirements and so forth. That part was about an hour as well, but that varies a lot with how many questions you ask them. The last part was the actual interview, and it lasted about 20-30 minutes. They asked basically the same questions as the phone interview, and it was mostly behavioral based, STAR method questions, with some specific resume questions.

They called back the next day and said that I did well, but they weren't sure about hiring dates. They said they should know by the end of the week, and that they would get back with me. It was about 4 weeks later that they actually extended the offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you provided great customer service. Why would you say that was great customer service?

If hired, how would you prepare for the series 7 and 63 exams?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Westlake, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Westlake, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

There was a phone interview as well as an online one where your answers were recorded. The final interview was at Fidelity, very laid back yet professional. They walked you around the building and were very open about what they were looking for and their desire for people who wanted to move up.

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments in August 2015.

Interview

I interviewed out of town. I had 3 phone interviews in a 5 day period. Very good interview. Behavioral based interview and be ready to answer the questions in depth. Great feed back after interview.

Interview Questions

• What is one bad feedback you've received from your manager?   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

Interview

I applied on the fidelity website and heard back within hours. They set up an initial call to tell me more about the position and make sure I was still interested. Then I had my first interview over the phone. It took about 40 minutes and the lady was very nice. She asked very basic behavioral interview questions. At the end of the call she asked me to set up an in person interview. It was set up for 2 weeks out. It consisted of a tour of the fidelity office and a meeting with two managers along with a presentation to learn more about fidelity. The last step was taking a simple critical thinking test. Overall a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you gave excellent customer service   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work in the financial services industry   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you received criticism from a manager and how you handled it   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for fidelity   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation