Fidelity Investments Financial Services Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fidelity Investments Financial Services Representative Interview Questions

Updated Nov 6, 2017

91 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Durham, NC) in November 2017.

Interview

Was like a speed dating interview. Sat with each interviewer for about 5-10 minutes being asked different questions about your skills or experiences on a job. It was definitely intense, there were about 5 interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had a policy at work you had to adhere to that you did not agree with?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Fidelity Investments

Financial Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

Hirevue video interview: record your interview answers. Given two minutes to prepare and then two minutes to answer. Was fairly easy and less nerve wracking due to the fact that you're not doing a fce to face interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Jacksonville, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

Started with a telephone interview and was asked questions regarding my past experience and knowledge of what this position would entail. Also was asked to take a skills assessment test.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the position you have applied for?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Providence, RI) in October 2016.

Interview

pretty standard interview. they ask basic questions and were pretty nice/ easy to talk to. the man who interviewed me was very helpful in explaining the position details and what would be expected

Interview Questions

• Out of all the people we hire, why should we hire you? What makes you different   Answer Question
    • What do you know about Series 7 and 63?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Merrimack, NH

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Merrimack, NH) in August 2016.

Interview

First, I was contacted by a headhunter at Veritude (Fidelity's staffing company) regarding this position. The headhunter went over the position and the pay. She then set me up on a phone interview with the staffing consultant at Veritude. Once that was completed, I was asked to come in the following week for an in-person interview with the other staffing consultant. I was one of 20 people at the interview. There was a morning and afternoon time to choose and I picked afternoon. I met with the consultant and a day later via email, was invited to meet the following Thursday for an interview with Fidelity's hiring manager. I was in a group similar to the first in person interview and we were given a tour of the facility which was amazing!!! After it, the interview commenced. Now, today I received an email from the staffing consultant and she said I performed very well during the interview and the hiring manager wanted me to join the training classes starting this October. Best experience ever! They make you feel wanted

Interview Questions

• What is your strength?   Answer Question
    • What is the purpose of a 401k and why do so many companies offer it?   1 Answer
    • Why Fidelity?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you dealt with a difficult situation at work? (Angry customers, problems with coworkers)   Answer Question

Negotiation

There's no negotiation. Great pay and great benefits

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Durham, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

You get a call to pre-screen you for the job. Then a phone interview and in person interview with Vertitude. Final interview was a tour and presentation of facility, then interviewed with 2 managers.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time where you had to help a customer with a difficult issue. Very detailed   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied almost a year ago. I received an email asking me to participate in an online interview, answering questions while on video. Afterwards, I was asked to fill out a questionnaire. Then I got called into the interview. The online interview lasted an hour. It was about two weeks between the email and getting called into the interview.

Interview Questions

• Since I was working at a brokerage, a lot of the questions were heavily tailored to my experience there. The interviewers also asked a lot of questions about a position as a teller i held about 5 years ago.
      If the interviewers weren't 100% satisfied with my answers, they would interrogate me about my responses. There were a number of times when the two people interviewing me told me i was wrong about something. It was probably the most confrontational interview that I've ever had with a company. A lot of the interview seemed geared around the interviewers trying to make me feel like an idiot.   1 Answer

Financial Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in American Fork, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (American Fork, UT) in April 2016.

Interview

I had met a recruiter at a career fair at the university. Applied for position online. Days after application I received and email saying someone had reviewed my application and that they would like me to complete a video interview. There are like 8-10 questions where you watch an HR person ask you a question, then you have 30-60 seconds to prepare, then you record your video response.

1-3 days later I was contacted again by the HR person where she said that she was interested in scheduling an interview on-site. I interviewed at the American Fork office with two managers.

The questions in both the video interview and the on-site interview were behavioral questions ("Explain a time you were in ... position and how you responded" or "Give an example of a time you have given excellent customer service"). They did ask a little bit about the series 7 and series 63 (do you understand what they are? how would you prepare for them? how do you think you would perform on them?).

During the time after I had applied I went with a school group and did a tour of their Salt Lake office. They liked that I had tried to understand the business and that I had had previous interaction with them prior to my interview (I would recommend similar steps be taken wherever possible).

Interview Questions

• Lots of behavioral questions.
      Which skills gained from my previous experiences would be transferable to this position?
      What I thought the hardest part of the job would be for me?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not really any negotiation room.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

Pretty easy interview overall. They were very upfront about hours, salary, benefits, and generally what was expected. No tough or tricky questions were asked. Stressed the importance of getting series 6 and 77 and wanting people who were self-motivated that could prepare themselves to pass the tests.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to work the hours? Would you be willing/able to get your licenses within the designated time frame?   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

I was first called about a week or so after applying. I was given some information about the position and asked if I was still interested. Once I voiced that I was she scheduled another more formal phone interview for the next day.

That interview was more about my skills and experience. There were quite a few behavioral questions as well. Luckily, that one went well too and I was invited to an in-person interview.

The in-person had about 9 other candidates and we were given a brief tour before starting a presentation on the company and a brief overview of the job. A current employee came in after about an hour and we were able to ask her any questions we had. The hiring managers then came and called us out for our 2:1 interviews.

Mostly behavioral questions with that interview. Be as specific and descriptive as possible. Any technical skills should be mentioned here for sure!

I was called about an hour after I got home and told that they'd like to continue on with the hiring process. I just got my offer letter today and signed it. All in all a great experience!

I encourage anyone applying to genuinely enthusiastic about the job and company. Do some research if you aren't familiar.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Fidelity? Why this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations. They send the offer letter and you either accept or decline. I'm sure you could bring it up if you really wanted to though.