Fidelity Investments Financial Services Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fidelity Investments Financial Services Representative Interview Questions

3.1

31 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Providence, RI) in October 2016.

Interview

pretty standard interview. they ask basic questions and were pretty nice/ easy to talk to. the man who interviewed me was very helpful in explaining the position details and what would be expected

Interview Questions

• Out of all the people we hire, why should we hire you? What makes you different   Answer Question
  • What do you know about Series 7 and 63?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Fidelity Investments

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Durham, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

You get a call to pre-screen you for the job. Then a phone interview and in person interview with Vertitude. Final interview was a tour and presentation of facility, then interviewed with 2 managers.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time where you had to help a customer with a difficult issue. Very detailed   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied almost a year ago. I received an email asking me to participate in an online interview, answering questions while on video. Afterwards, I was asked to fill out a questionnaire. Then I got called into the interview. The online interview lasted an hour. It was about two weeks between the email and getting called into the interview.

Interview Questions

• Since I was working at a brokerage, a lot of the questions were heavily tailored to my experience there. The interviewers also asked a lot of questions about a position as a teller i held about 5 years ago.
      If the interviewers weren't 100% satisfied with my answers, they would interrogate me about my responses. There were a number of times when the two people interviewing me told me i was wrong about something. It was probably the most confrontational interview that I've ever had with a company. A lot of the interview seemed geared around the interviewers trying to make me feel like an idiot.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Albuquerque, NM) in March 2016.

Interview

First, had a phone interview, then later called in for a in-person interview. Had a great tour of the center, then interviewed by two recruiting managers. Relaxed atmosphere and the questions were easy to answer general questions about situations that might be encountered, and how you would handle them

Interview Questions

• Name detailed information about when you handled a difficult situation   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Boston, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

Video interview where they ask 4-5 questions and you are given about 1-2 minutes to respond to each one. Very impersonal and awkward as I much prefer speaking with people face to face and engaging in conversation. The video interview turned me off from Fidelity altogether.

You aren't able to see your responses and there are no retries.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in Fidelity?
      Tell us a little about yourself.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Westlake, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

The entire process was : First there was an online video interview, then a phone interview, then two tests online, they did a background and a credit check, then there was a final interview with two managers and another test.

Interview Questions

• What is a time where you provided excellent customer service   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview and was then asked to go to an in person interview. At the interview you take a simple test, then a tour of the building and after the interview. It was nice to get a little more comfortable with the people who I interviewed with as we were walking around.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my past sales and asked to give an example of a sales pitch and also about customer service and how I dealt with difficult customers.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Westlake, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

My interview process was a bit longer than average because I was still in school at the time, I applied in the fall, interviewed with the recruiter, and did the main interview in January.The recruiter and interviewers were very kind and respectful. Interview was fairly typical, they want to know about customer service experiences and a lot of specifics. Make sure to not speak in generalities and focus on specific examples. They also placed a high importance on leadership and teamwork.

Interview Questions

• Describe what exceptional customer service means to you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Salt Lake City, UT) in July 2015.

Interview

After a friend and former employee of Fidelity sent my resume to a hiring manager, I was contacted by phone by a recruiter in Texas. She was calling to set up a phone interview for the following week. She gave me some suggestions and pointers and different areas to focus on before the phone interview, which I studied for and practiced each day before that happened.

The actual phone interview was a negative experience for me. Even though I had prepared more for this interview than any interview I've had in the past, the interviewer kept interrupting me and telling me I was answering the questions wrong. At one point, she said in a condescending voice, "Do you even know what a consultative question is?" and then proceeded to tell me I had no confidence in myself. Even though that experience was not a good one, she still scheduled an in person interview with some managers at the call center. She, again, gave me some pointers and areas to study before my in person interview, which I very much appreciated.

My in person interview was a a much better experience than the phone interview. Everyone I met and talked with was very friendly and kind. The first thing I did was take a cognitive test. It took me about 45 minutes to complete. After the test was completed, two hiring managers came into the room I took the test in and said that the interview would be beginning with a tour of the facilities. They showed me the different departments and where the training and studying would be taking place and asked me questions along the way. The types of questions they asked me during this portion of the interview were "The shift for this team is 1:00 pm to 12:30 am. Would you be able to work a shift like that?" It was pretty informal.

After the tour, we returned to the room where I took the test and they began what they called the formal interview where we discussed my previous work experience. Both managers were very friendly and supportive and positive, yet firm in what they were expecting from me. I felt very at ease speaking with them and, by the end of the interview, felt confident that I would get the job.

Four days after my in person interview, I received a phone call from the same recruiter who conducted my phone interview. She informed me that the managers were not considering me for the job anymore and gave me some "constructive" feedback regarding my interview. She said the managers were not impressed with me, that I namedropped people who had worked there previously as a way to get a job with them automatically, that I didn't know anything about the company or the Series 7 and 63 exams, and that they doubted my ability to set goals for myself and achieve them. I felt the feedback was not constructive at all and that for her to say I was "unimpressive" was something she didn't need to tell me.

Overall, the phone communication I had with Fidelity employees was extremely negative and unpleasant. As stated previously, my in person interview was very positive and I felt that working there could've been a good experience for me had my interviews gone better.

If you are about to interview for Fidelity, I would give this advice: make sure you know all about the exams you need to take to get the job, practice answering the sample interview questions with someone, do a lot of research about Fidelity on the website (make sure you know all the different aspects of the company and key financial terms) and expect the interview to be about two hours long.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about one experience you've had giving someone excellent customer service.   Answer Question
    • What do you know about the Series 7 and 63 license exams?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Fidelity?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Westlake, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

They call you for two phone interviews, followed by a group interview in person, finally followed by a personal 1 on 2 interview directly afterwards. The two people that interviewed me clearly did not want to be doing it. One man was nice until the interview began, and the lady was cold and distant the entire time. They asked a question then just stared at me until I stopped talking, then asked the next....no input, no back and forth or direction, no opportunity to ask questions myself...I could tell immediately they did not want to be there, or they were simply very bad at their jobs.I was glad to leave the interview because if the company thinks those types of people show the good side of that company, then I can only imagine what it can be like after you work there

Interview Questions

• All basic questions about what you are like and who you are. Nothing unique or interesting   1 Answer