Fidelity Investments Financial Services Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fidelity Investments Financial Services Representative Interview Questions

Updated Nov 6, 2017

91 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Albuquerque, NM) in March 2016.

Interview

First, had a phone interview, then later called in for a in-person interview. Had a great tour of the center, then interviewed by two recruiting managers. Relaxed atmosphere and the questions were easy to answer general questions about situations that might be encountered, and how you would handle them

Interview Questions

• Name detailed information about when you handled a difficult situation   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Fidelity Investments

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Boston, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

Video interview where they ask 4-5 questions and you are given about 1-2 minutes to respond to each one. Very impersonal and awkward as I much prefer speaking with people face to face and engaging in conversation. The video interview turned me off from Fidelity altogether.

You aren't able to see your responses and there are no retries.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in Fidelity?
      Tell us a little about yourself.   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

Interview

Applied online. Got a Phone interview for Financial Services Rep. The interviewer spend most of the time going over the position. I got a second interview for a different position because I meant to apply for the financial advisor position.

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Jacksonville, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

Phone interview, on-site interview w/ Meyers-Briggs test. The interview was very relaxed and conversational. It took a few months to receive an official offer, but the hiring managers stayed in touch approx. every month to let me know they were waiting for a start date to begin the licensing process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Westlake, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

The entire process was : First there was an online video interview, then a phone interview, then two tests online, they did a background and a credit check, then there was a final interview with two managers and another test.

Interview Questions

• What is a time where you provided excellent customer service   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview and was then asked to go to an in person interview. At the interview you take a simple test, then a tour of the building and after the interview. It was nice to get a little more comfortable with the people who I interviewed with as we were walking around.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my past sales and asked to give an example of a sales pitch and also about customer service and how I dealt with difficult customers.   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

The interview was tough, they asked a lot of open ended questions that make you think. There were two interviewers per interviewee. Come dressed professional and ready to answer some in depth questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Westlake, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

My interview process was a bit longer than average because I was still in school at the time, I applied in the fall, interviewed with the recruiter, and did the main interview in January.The recruiter and interviewers were very kind and respectful. Interview was fairly typical, they want to know about customer service experiences and a lot of specifics. Make sure to not speak in generalities and focus on specific examples. They also placed a high importance on leadership and teamwork.

Interview Questions

• Describe what exceptional customer service means to you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Merrimack, NH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Merrimack, NH).

Interview

A phone interview followed by an on site interview. The phone interviewer was very nice and personable and explained everything that I should expect in the role. She went on to ask questions about my past work experience. The onsite interview started off with an information slideshow. The point of this was to see if I was engaged and listening. They asked what we learned from the slideshow and if we had any questions. We then sat down with two representatives in that position. They told us about their day to day experiences and answered any questions we had. Finally, I was directed into a conference room where two managers interviewed me. Both were very friendly and made me feel extremely comfortable. The phone interview was much like the onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Why fidelity investments? Why finance? Tell me about a time you gave excellent customer service? Tell me about a time you had to reach goals/metrics? Tell me about a time of poor customer service and what you did to change it? Tell me about a time you worked with a group/team. Tell me about a course in school that you took and didn't care for and why. What does customer service mean to you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiating

Anonymous Employee in Westlake, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Westlake, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process consisted of 3 parts: a video interview, a phone screening and an in person interview. The phone screening was with a recruiter so it was very relaxed and you get a lot of information about the position. The in person interview was a bit more intense. You get placed in a room with 2 current managers and they ask questions about why you're a good fit for the role. Everyone at Fidelity is rather friendly though, so you start to feel relaxed early on in the interview. Overall it is a pretty standard interview for a customer service role.

Interview Questions

• What do you believe is most important in providing a good customer experience?   1 Answer