Fidelity Investments Financial Services Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fidelity Investments Financial Services Representative Interview Questions

Updated Dec 28, 2016

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Westlake, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

The entire process was : First there was an online video interview, then a phone interview, then two tests online, they did a background and a credit check, then there was a final interview with two managers and another test.

Interview Questions

• What is a time where you provided excellent customer service   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Fidelity Investments

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview and was then asked to go to an in person interview. At the interview you take a simple test, then a tour of the building and after the interview. It was nice to get a little more comfortable with the people who I interviewed with as we were walking around.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my past sales and asked to give an example of a sales pitch and also about customer service and how I dealt with difficult customers.   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

The interview was tough, they asked a lot of open ended questions that make you think. There were two interviewers per interviewee. Come dressed professional and ready to answer some in depth questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Westlake, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

My interview process was a bit longer than average because I was still in school at the time, I applied in the fall, interviewed with the recruiter, and did the main interview in January.The recruiter and interviewers were very kind and respectful. Interview was fairly typical, they want to know about customer service experiences and a lot of specifics. Make sure to not speak in generalities and focus on specific examples. They also placed a high importance on leadership and teamwork.

Interview Questions

• Describe what exceptional customer service means to you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Merrimack, NH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Merrimack, NH).

Interview

A phone interview followed by an on site interview. The phone interviewer was very nice and personable and explained everything that I should expect in the role. She went on to ask questions about my past work experience. The onsite interview started off with an information slideshow. The point of this was to see if I was engaged and listening. They asked what we learned from the slideshow and if we had any questions. We then sat down with two representatives in that position. They told us about their day to day experiences and answered any questions we had. Finally, I was directed into a conference room where two managers interviewed me. Both were very friendly and made me feel extremely comfortable. The phone interview was much like the onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Why fidelity investments? Why finance? Tell me about a time you gave excellent customer service? Tell me about a time you had to reach goals/metrics? Tell me about a time of poor customer service and what you did to change it? Tell me about a time you worked with a group/team. Tell me about a course in school that you took and didn't care for and why. What does customer service mean to you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiating

Anonymous Employee in Westlake, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Westlake, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process consisted of 3 parts: a video interview, a phone screening and an in person interview. The phone screening was with a recruiter so it was very relaxed and you get a lot of information about the position. The in person interview was a bit more intense. You get placed in a room with 2 current managers and they ask questions about why you're a good fit for the role. Everyone at Fidelity is rather friendly though, so you start to feel relaxed early on in the interview. Overall it is a pretty standard interview for a customer service role.

Interview Questions

• What do you believe is most important in providing a good customer experience?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Westlake, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Westlake, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

What are your qualifications?

Connect your close fit between the job’s requirements and your qualifications.

Ask what specific projects or problems you may be expected to deal with and which have the highest priority.

Identify the projects you’ve accomplished in the past that qualify you to work successfully on the projects the interviewer mentioned.

How did you resolve a tense situation with a coworker? Have you ever had to fire someone?

Give a specific example of a difficulty that you’ve dealt with (conflict resolution or discipline), focusing on how you used your analytical skills to effectively solve the problem.

Illustrate how you go about collecting information, stating the steps you took to help the fired person improve and save his or her job before making a termination decision.

Emphasize that you follow company policy and that you’re fair and tactful in dealing with employee problems.

Based on your experience, what problems do team-focused companies face?

Document, with storytelling, that your experience includes being a successful leader or member of teams.

Discuss teams as an overall positive factor in the work world of the 21st century.

Discuss a minor negative aspect of teams and show how that negative aspect can be overcome.

Describe a time that you had to work without direct supervision. Have you ever had to make department decisions when your supervisor was not available?

Discuss your decision-making process. You don’t rattle easily.

Show that you’re self-directed and self-motivated, but still willing to follow others’ directions or to ask for assistance when needed.

Storytell: Discuss a specific example of a time you had to make a decision without supervision. Preferably, discuss a time that you anticipated company needs and finished a project ahead of time or made a beneficial decision.

Have you ever misjudged something? How could you have prevented the mistake?

Briefly discuss a specific — but minor — example.

Briefly discuss what the mistake taught you and how it led you to improve your system for making decisions or solving problems.

After talking about your example and what you learned from it, refocus the discussion on your accomplishments.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Salt Lake City, UT) in July 2015.

Interview

After a friend and former employee of Fidelity sent my resume to a hiring manager, I was contacted by phone by a recruiter in Texas. She was calling to set up a phone interview for the following week. She gave me some suggestions and pointers and different areas to focus on before the phone interview, which I studied for and practiced each day before that happened.

The actual phone interview was a negative experience for me. Even though I had prepared more for this interview than any interview I've had in the past, the interviewer kept interrupting me and telling me I was answering the questions wrong. At one point, she said in a condescending voice, "Do you even know what a consultative question is?" and then proceeded to tell me I had no confidence in myself. Even though that experience was not a good one, she still scheduled an in person interview with some managers at the call center. She, again, gave me some pointers and areas to study before my in person interview, which I very much appreciated.

My in person interview was a a much better experience than the phone interview. Everyone I met and talked with was very friendly and kind. The first thing I did was take a cognitive test. It took me about 45 minutes to complete. After the test was completed, two hiring managers came into the room I took the test in and said that the interview would be beginning with a tour of the facilities. They showed me the different departments and where the training and studying would be taking place and asked me questions along the way. The types of questions they asked me during this portion of the interview were "The shift for this team is 1:00 pm to 12:30 am. Would you be able to work a shift like that?" It was pretty informal.

After the tour, we returned to the room where I took the test and they began what they called the formal interview where we discussed my previous work experience. Both managers were very friendly and supportive and positive, yet firm in what they were expecting from me. I felt very at ease speaking with them and, by the end of the interview, felt confident that I would get the job.

Four days after my in person interview, I received a phone call from the same recruiter who conducted my phone interview. She informed me that the managers were not considering me for the job anymore and gave me some "constructive" feedback regarding my interview. She said the managers were not impressed with me, that I namedropped people who had worked there previously as a way to get a job with them automatically, that I didn't know anything about the company or the Series 7 and 63 exams, and that they doubted my ability to set goals for myself and achieve them. I felt the feedback was not constructive at all and that for her to say I was "unimpressive" was something she didn't need to tell me.

Overall, the phone communication I had with Fidelity employees was extremely negative and unpleasant. As stated previously, my in person interview was very positive and I felt that working there could've been a good experience for me had my interviews gone better.

If you are about to interview for Fidelity, I would give this advice: make sure you know all about the exams you need to take to get the job, practice answering the sample interview questions with someone, do a lot of research about Fidelity on the website (make sure you know all the different aspects of the company and key financial terms) and expect the interview to be about two hours long.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about one experience you've had giving someone excellent customer service.   Answer Question
    • What do you know about the Series 7 and 63 license exams?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Fidelity?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Merrimack, NH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Merrimack, NH) in July 2015.

Interview

I was surprised to find out when I arrived, that I was one of 10 people who would be interviewing at the same time. We were then all brought into a room, explained that this was a temp to perm, that the pay rate was $18 and we would be taken 1 by 1 for an interview with the recruiter who would then decide if we were worthy of going onto the next round. We were to expect that this "interview" with the recruiter would last no more than 10 mins. Once in the room, the recruiter read from my resume as if she had never seen it before, asked questions about my prior roles. She then continued to say ok well i think given your experience you will go onto the next round with the managers. This was concerning because i had already spoken to a recruiter on the phone prior to this interview and went over all this. So now I needed to come in again. I received an email the following day that I would be moving on to the next round and to be there the following day at 8:30 for interviews with managers that will start at 9. This would be the same situation as before, two managers meeting with another 10 or so candidates. I replied that I was unavailable that day and time and would like to come in the following week, the response, no sorry this is the only time. Good luck in the future.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you had to go above and beyond to help a customer   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Westlake, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

They call you for two phone interviews, followed by a group interview in person, finally followed by a personal 1 on 2 interview directly afterwards. The two people that interviewed me clearly did not want to be doing it. One man was nice until the interview began, and the lady was cold and distant the entire time. They asked a question then just stared at me until I stopped talking, then asked the next....no input, no back and forth or direction, no opportunity to ask questions myself...I could tell immediately they did not want to be there, or they were simply very bad at their jobs.I was glad to leave the interview because if the company thinks those types of people show the good side of that company, then I can only imagine what it can be like after you work there

Interview Questions

• All basic questions about what you are like and who you are. Nothing unique or interesting   1 Answer