Fidelity Investments Financial Services Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fidelity Investments Financial Services Representative Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2017

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Westlake, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

They call you for two phone interviews, followed by a group interview in person, finally followed by a personal 1 on 2 interview directly afterwards. The two people that interviewed me clearly did not want to be doing it. One man was nice until the interview began, and the lady was cold and distant the entire time. They asked a question then just stared at me until I stopped talking, then asked the next....no input, no back and forth or direction, no opportunity to ask questions myself...I could tell immediately they did not want to be there, or they were simply very bad at their jobs.I was glad to leave the interview because if the company thinks those types of people show the good side of that company, then I can only imagine what it can be like after you work there

Interview Questions

• All basic questions about what you are like and who you are. Nothing unique or interesting   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Fidelity Investments

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Denver, CO) in June 2015.

Interview

Standard online application, nothing special. Followed quickly by a short 10 minute phone interview then another hour long phone interview. After that they take you in to the local office to talk to the branch managers and have sort of an orientation with other applicants. Standard interview questions for the most part, just say you like to help people.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a time you had to "probe" someone for information?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Greenwood Village, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Greenwood Village, CO) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process began with a phone interview and then an in person interview with two managers. You also were asked to take a logic test (without it being called a logic test of course). You would then receive a phone call stating if you had got the job or not.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you turned a negative client experience into a positive one.   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments in March 2015.

Interview

Long, but a great and fun experience. They were incredibly nice and quick to keep me posted and get back to me whenever I sent out an email. Liked being able to network with such amazing people.

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Albuquerque, NM) in March 2015.

Interview

I conducted an Initial phone interview several weeks after applying. The interviewing manger asked a series of standard questions. After that I had a forty-five to sixty minute interview with two people at the office which included a guided tour of the facilities from a manager. Once I was approved, there was a lengthy process of background, credit, and drug testing.

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2015.

Interview

You sit down in the lobby, then two managers come down and snag you for an interview. They bring you in a pretty small room and take turns asking you questions. A lot of the questions have to do with your customer service experience and if you have any knowledge of the investment industry.

Interview Questions

• How would you go address talking to a client about rolling over an inactive retirement account?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Jacksonville, FL) in November 2014.

Interview

It took about 2 weeks after I applied online to hear back. They emailed me to set up a 15-20 minute phone screen. Which was fairly easy. Why Fidelity? Why this position? The recruiter then asked to set up another phone interview which is about 40 minutes, completely behavioral based questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Financial Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online in February 2014 and was contacted by a recruiter in August to set up a phone screen, to discuss the job and whether or not I was interested. At the conclusion, I was set up with a more formal phone interview for the following week. In October, I was called out of the blue for another phone interview, and scheduled for an in-person interview in November. Upon arrival, I joined a group of about ten that viewed a presentation and toured the facility. Each of us was then individually set up with a pair of managers for a 2-on-1 interview. Finally, there was a logical reasoning test, after which the interview concluded. The following week I received an offer of employment via phone call.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when a customer was upset with a product or service from your previous employer, and how you handled the interaction.   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

Interview

2 phone interviews followed by 1 in-person group interview and 1-on-1 interview with 2 managers. We met with 3 different employees in group environments and toured the facility as well as watching a video.

Interview Questions

• None were unexpected. Why Fidelity? What are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was told there was no negotiation on salary

Financial Services Representative Interview

Interview

They first start with a phone interview and then if you make it through that they have you interview with other potential candidates in person. After your personal interview with 2 interviewers you take an assessment test to determine ability to pass the Series 7.