Fidelity Investments Financial Services Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fidelity Investments Financial Services Representative Interview Questions

Updated Nov 6, 2017

91 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Westlake, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Westlake, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

What are your qualifications?

Connect your close fit between the job’s requirements and your qualifications.

Ask what specific projects or problems you may be expected to deal with and which have the highest priority.

Identify the projects you’ve accomplished in the past that qualify you to work successfully on the projects the interviewer mentioned.

How did you resolve a tense situation with a coworker? Have you ever had to fire someone?

Give a specific example of a difficulty that you’ve dealt with (conflict resolution or discipline), focusing on how you used your analytical skills to effectively solve the problem.

Illustrate how you go about collecting information, stating the steps you took to help the fired person improve and save his or her job before making a termination decision.

Emphasize that you follow company policy and that you’re fair and tactful in dealing with employee problems.

Based on your experience, what problems do team-focused companies face?

Document, with storytelling, that your experience includes being a successful leader or member of teams.

Discuss teams as an overall positive factor in the work world of the 21st century.

Discuss a minor negative aspect of teams and show how that negative aspect can be overcome.

Describe a time that you had to work without direct supervision. Have you ever had to make department decisions when your supervisor was not available?

Discuss your decision-making process. You don’t rattle easily.

Show that you’re self-directed and self-motivated, but still willing to follow others’ directions or to ask for assistance when needed.

Storytell: Discuss a specific example of a time you had to make a decision without supervision. Preferably, discuss a time that you anticipated company needs and finished a project ahead of time or made a beneficial decision.

Have you ever misjudged something? How could you have prevented the mistake?

Briefly discuss a specific — but minor — example.

Briefly discuss what the mistake taught you and how it led you to improve your system for making decisions or solving problems.

After talking about your example and what you learned from it, refocus the discussion on your accomplishments.

Other Interview Reviews for Fidelity Investments

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Salt Lake City, UT) in July 2015.

Interview

After a friend and former employee of Fidelity sent my resume to a hiring manager, I was contacted by phone by a recruiter in Texas. She was calling to set up a phone interview for the following week. She gave me some suggestions and pointers and different areas to focus on before the phone interview, which I studied for and practiced each day before that happened.

The actual phone interview was a negative experience for me. Even though I had prepared more for this interview than any interview I've had in the past, the interviewer kept interrupting me and telling me I was answering the questions wrong. At one point, she said in a condescending voice, "Do you even know what a consultative question is?" and then proceeded to tell me I had no confidence in myself. Even though that experience was not a good one, she still scheduled an in person interview with some managers at the call center. She, again, gave me some pointers and areas to study before my in person interview, which I very much appreciated.

My in person interview was a a much better experience than the phone interview. Everyone I met and talked with was very friendly and kind. The first thing I did was take a cognitive test. It took me about 45 minutes to complete. After the test was completed, two hiring managers came into the room I took the test in and said that the interview would be beginning with a tour of the facilities. They showed me the different departments and where the training and studying would be taking place and asked me questions along the way. The types of questions they asked me during this portion of the interview were "The shift for this team is 1:00 pm to 12:30 am. Would you be able to work a shift like that?" It was pretty informal.

After the tour, we returned to the room where I took the test and they began what they called the formal interview where we discussed my previous work experience. Both managers were very friendly and supportive and positive, yet firm in what they were expecting from me. I felt very at ease speaking with them and, by the end of the interview, felt confident that I would get the job.

Four days after my in person interview, I received a phone call from the same recruiter who conducted my phone interview. She informed me that the managers were not considering me for the job anymore and gave me some "constructive" feedback regarding my interview. She said the managers were not impressed with me, that I namedropped people who had worked there previously as a way to get a job with them automatically, that I didn't know anything about the company or the Series 7 and 63 exams, and that they doubted my ability to set goals for myself and achieve them. I felt the feedback was not constructive at all and that for her to say I was "unimpressive" was something she didn't need to tell me.

Overall, the phone communication I had with Fidelity employees was extremely negative and unpleasant. As stated previously, my in person interview was very positive and I felt that working there could've been a good experience for me had my interviews gone better.

If you are about to interview for Fidelity, I would give this advice: make sure you know all about the exams you need to take to get the job, practice answering the sample interview questions with someone, do a lot of research about Fidelity on the website (make sure you know all the different aspects of the company and key financial terms) and expect the interview to be about two hours long.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about one experience you've had giving someone excellent customer service.   Answer Question
    • What do you know about the Series 7 and 63 license exams?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Fidelity?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Merrimack, NH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Merrimack, NH) in July 2015.

Interview

I was surprised to find out when I arrived, that I was one of 10 people who would be interviewing at the same time. We were then all brought into a room, explained that this was a temp to perm, that the pay rate was $18 and we would be taken 1 by 1 for an interview with the recruiter who would then decide if we were worthy of going onto the next round. We were to expect that this "interview" with the recruiter would last no more than 10 mins. Once in the room, the recruiter read from my resume as if she had never seen it before, asked questions about my prior roles. She then continued to say ok well i think given your experience you will go onto the next round with the managers. This was concerning because i had already spoken to a recruiter on the phone prior to this interview and went over all this. So now I needed to come in again. I received an email the following day that I would be moving on to the next round and to be there the following day at 8:30 for interviews with managers that will start at 9. This would be the same situation as before, two managers meeting with another 10 or so candidates. I replied that I was unavailable that day and time and would like to come in the following week, the response, no sorry this is the only time. Good luck in the future.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you had to go above and beyond to help a customer   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Westlake, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

They call you for two phone interviews, followed by a group interview in person, finally followed by a personal 1 on 2 interview directly afterwards. The two people that interviewed me clearly did not want to be doing it. One man was nice until the interview began, and the lady was cold and distant the entire time. They asked a question then just stared at me until I stopped talking, then asked the next....no input, no back and forth or direction, no opportunity to ask questions myself...I could tell immediately they did not want to be there, or they were simply very bad at their jobs.I was glad to leave the interview because if the company thinks those types of people show the good side of that company, then I can only imagine what it can be like after you work there

Interview Questions

• All basic questions about what you are like and who you are. Nothing unique or interesting   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Greenwood Village, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Greenwood Village, CO) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process began with a phone interview and then an in person interview with two managers. You also were asked to take a logic test (without it being called a logic test of course). You would then receive a phone call stating if you had got the job or not.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you turned a negative client experience into a positive one.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Denver, CO) in June 2015.

Interview

Standard online application, nothing special. Followed quickly by a short 10 minute phone interview then another hour long phone interview. After that they take you in to the local office to talk to the branch managers and have sort of an orientation with other applicants. Standard interview questions for the most part, just say you like to help people.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a time you had to "probe" someone for information?   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments in March 2015.

Interview

Long, but a great and fun experience. They were incredibly nice and quick to keep me posted and get back to me whenever I sent out an email. Liked being able to network with such amazing people.

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Albuquerque, NM) in March 2015.

Interview

I conducted an Initial phone interview several weeks after applying. The interviewing manger asked a series of standard questions. After that I had a forty-five to sixty minute interview with two people at the office which included a guided tour of the facilities from a manager. Once I was approved, there was a lengthy process of background, credit, and drug testing.

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2015.

Interview

You sit down in the lobby, then two managers come down and snag you for an interview. They bring you in a pretty small room and take turns asking you questions. A lot of the questions have to do with your customer service experience and if you have any knowledge of the investment industry.

Interview Questions

• How would you go address talking to a client about rolling over an inactive retirement account?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Jacksonville, FL) in November 2014.

Interview

It took about 2 weeks after I applied online to hear back. They emailed me to set up a 15-20 minute phone screen. Which was fairly easy. Why Fidelity? Why this position? The recruiter then asked to set up another phone interview which is about 40 minutes, completely behavioral based questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation