Fidelity Investments Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 21, 2017

2.8

41 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

It was kind of difficult.. they asked me how I would sell this painting. It seemed like an average interview in the sales and marketing division. I got up to the second round interviews then never heard back from them.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Fidelity Investments

Intern Interview

Interview

The process was very easy and the people were very nice. The interviewers were very knowledgeable on their business and answered all questions with great detail. Overall it was a great experience.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

Went through the video interview, phone screening and manager interview. My recruiter was not responsive and did not follow up with me. I had to email him constantly to make sure I was in the hiring process. Overall the hiring process took​ 5 months because the recruiter was not responsive.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Boston, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

After two phone interviews with Fidelity I was brought into their office to interview with everyone on the team I would be working for. I spent over three hours there. After about a week I found it curious that I had heard nothing from them, but decided to wait it out. After three weeks I reached out to find out that I didn't get the job. After investing so much time into the interview process it would have been nice to hear from them without having to reach out.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

The hiring experience was done through an online video portal. All the questions were asked by a pre-recorded video. They asked five questions ( five separate videos) with a timed response, allowing for up to three minute responses.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments in March 2017.

Interview

Very laid back and entirely behavioral. The manager simply wanted to know more about my background and why I was interested in the position. The only problem was that it took a while for them to get back to me after my initial interview with the HR rep and then a video interview in which I answered 3 or 4 questions. It took at least two months to get back to me with a position and a manager looking to interview me for a specific position.

Interview Questions

• What is a technology that you have used a lot recently?   Answer Question

Application

Interview

Three, one-on-one interviews with different managers. My first two interviews were back-to-back at the NM site location but were conducted via Skype. The third interview was over the phone. In total, the interviews lasted about 30 minutes each.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Smithfield, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Smithfield, RI) in February 2017.

Interview

Split into two interviews, one technical, one non-technical. The first seemed mostly to be for my benefit, educate me to the specifics of the position. The first was a single recruiter, the second, a panel.

Interview Questions

• They asked about a specific customer interaction from a previous job in which I didn't regularly interact with them.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments in February 2017.

Interview

1. HireVue, generic behavioral questions
    2. Phone interview with hiring manager

Some people also had to do a phone screen with the recruiter but I skipped that stage.

Unfortunately it seems like they don't care much about their technology interns and try to hire as many as possible. I've heard the environment isn't great. Considering they asked me zero tech questions, I knew I didn't want to work here.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (San Diego, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

First, I applied online, then I was asked to do a timed video interview, and lastly I was called to come into the office for the final interview. The office space is very professional and inviting. The interviewer mostly asked me behavioral questions and was very enthusiastic. The interview lasted about 30 minutes and felt natural and like a conversation.