Fidelity Investments Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fidelity Investments Intern Interview Questions

Updated Feb 12, 2017

2.9

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

Three, one-on-one interviews with different managers. My first two interviews were back-to-back at the NM site location but were conducted via Skype. The third interview was over the phone. In total, the interviews lasted about 30 minutes each.

Other Interview Reviews for Fidelity Investments

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Smithfield, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Smithfield, RI) in February 2017.

Interview

Split into two interviews, one technical, one non-technical. The first seemed mostly to be for my benefit, educate me to the specifics of the position. The first was a single recruiter, the second, a panel.

Interview Questions

• They asked about a specific customer interaction from a previous job in which I didn't regularly interact with them.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Boston, MA).

Interview

Simple, over-the-phone interview with a college recruiter. Basically outlined what the opportunities were at Fidelity and asked basic questions about my resume, leadership experience, and things of that nature. Make sure that you have a couple of good questions lined up, they definitely are looking for a back and forth conversation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (West Lafayette, IN).

Interview

Digital Interview. They asked 5 automated questions, with 30 seconds to prepare for your answer. You can take as long as you want between questions. All questions were very straight forward and bot behavioral and situational type.

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Durham, NC) in April 2016.

Interview

It was two interviews. One over the phone and another was video. It was about thirty minutes. The second interview was only about 10 minutes. Research before you apply. It really helps.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Denver, CO) in April 2016.

Interview

Very straight forward interview. Started of with a phone interview with a recruiting agent. Asked general questions about experience, resume, education. Was then called back for an in-person interview which was more specific around the position and duties I would be doing. Overall was a great process with everyone being friendly and helpful

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Austin, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

2 Interviews. both behavioral. Both pretty easy. Speak to the HR person and your hiring manager. Talk about the project you will be working on, your interests and teamwork opps. Make sure to have questions ready as they will ask you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrimack, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Merrimack, NH).

Interview

Preliminary phone interview and secondary in-person interview. The interviews are average, but you must be prepared to provide examples of relevant experience! The interviewers are nice, so just educate yourself, dress professional, and be confident.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

Met at Career fair and talked with recruiters and was then invited to an on campus interview which then led to an on site interview. They were incredibly thoughtful and reimbursed me for gas and paid for the hotel room and a $50 card to use at the hotel for dinner.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were typical behavioral question with one pertaining to my course load that could be relevant for the department.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

I applied online and was reached out to by email and phone call for a phone interview by the recruiter. The phone interview took 30 minutes, and the questions were very generic/predictable questions. For example, "Tell me about your summer intern last year?", "What projects did you do?", etc. The recruiter was extremely nice and the interview was easy. The phone interview by the recruiter just gave them an idea of your personality and which types of internships they could refer you to (based on your experiences, etc). Following this interview, I was reached out to by a certain 'department' for another phone interview with not the recruiter, but the main people who 'worked' for that department. The phone interview was also 30-40 minutes and they mainly explained to me what the responsibilities of the internship were. I had to try to understand a lot of unknown terms to be prepared to ask questions about the responsibilities.