Fidelity Investments Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 17, 2017

2.9

607 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Service Advocate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

Pretty standard interview. Asking why fidelity, what you did at your previous job. I was declined moving forward due to credit history. If your have charged off items and derogatory items.. look else where. They will not hire you. Super sad. Seems like an amazing company

Financial Services Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Durham, NC).

Interview

I applied through Fidelity's in-house recruiting company called Veritude. I first received a call from a recruiter at the Boston headquarters to explain more about the job itself then she asked to setup up a phone interview with another recruiter at the Durham location. After I passed the phone interview I met with another Veritude recruiter for a face to face interview at the Durham location. There were about 8 other candidates waiting to be interviewed. was asked 3 questions about why I wanted to work with Fidelity and how I would handle situations with customers. I was then invited to interview on site with the hiring managers. It was a 2 hour interview with 10 other candidates which included a 1 hour tour and presentation about the company then all candidates interview with 5 different managers in a speed dating type session. Very different experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to show resilience? Tell me about a time you had to probe information from a customer? Why Fidelity?   Answer Question

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

Filled out application online and was invited for an online interview via HireVue. The questions were pretty straightforward and took approximately 10 minutes to complete. I received an email 2 weeks later notifying me that my application was not selected to move further.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what it was about this particular position that stood out to you as a potential match for your next career move.   1 Answer
    • Is there any additional information that you would like for us to know about your experience.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments in November 2017.

Interview

It's a 30-minute interview. Basically went through the resume and asked deep into each model I used in the project.
    No behavior question at all.
    Prepare well for the models you list on your resume.

Interview Questions

• What is random forest? What's the input attribute of the model?   Answer Question

Senior Contracts Negotiator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

This was the most synthetic, sanitary, and impersonal interview process ever. I am pretty sure Fidelity will consider doing interviews by Siri or other robotic action figure in the future. Their emails are generic and disrespectful - the HireVue one-side video process is shameful and insulting. This interview process defined the "we could NOT care less about you & in any case and you mean NOTHING to us" mentality. The good news is that you find out about this before you work for them so you can run away...AND move your retirement money to a company staffed with people. This is the RedBox of interviews...except they don't give you anything you deserve - no respect, no consideration, but plenty of form emails and you get to do that solo video...stupid and pointless. I have no desire to work with or for these folks - it's a good lesson. Fidelity is dead to me.

Interview Questions

• Please record video answers to several stupid and generic questions more suited to an 8th grader than a seasoned professional.   Answer Question

Interview

Went through the resume, asked some questions about the previous work experience, then transitioned to typical behavior interview questions. Last part focused on asking for my opinion on current market trends. Finished within one hour.

Entry Level Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Durham, NC).

Interview

Long process for trying to get in contact. You start with getting asked for a video interview, these are fairly easy questions. Next is the face to face process where they ask you technical questions

Interview Questions

• Challenges you have experience   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Smithfield, RI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Smithfield, RI).

Interview

Applied online and was selected for a video interview using Hirevue. I was uncharacteristically nervous and apprehensive about the format of the video. It turned out to be easier than I expected and I felt strong about my results.

Equity Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

Asked serval case studies. Asked about personal experience including strengths and weaknesses. Must be knowledgable on the markets. Must have a strong answer fro why fidelity and how it is different. was asked where else I am applying.

LEAP Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online, then after a week received an email to do a digital interview. Which consisted of you recording yourself answering six question, you had two chances to record your answers. The next day I got two emails. One asking if I was free to do a phone interview. The other wanted to know if I was available to do two 45 minute video interviews, one technical and one behavioral. During the technical one, I wasn't really asked any technical questions and didn't realize it was the technical interview until I started the second interview. All of the people I talked to at Fidelity seemed nice, and I thought that the interviews had gone well. After a week of waiting, I got an email saying that I didn't get the job.