Fidelity Investments Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fidelity Investments Interview Questions

Updated Mar 29, 2017

2.9

Interview

I submitted an application online and received an email from a recruiter asking me to complete an online interview. (9 standard interview questions) I sent a thank you letter the next day. I received another email requesting a phone interview, I scheduled the phone interview, the interview time came and went and I didn't receive a call from anyone. About 30 minuyes after the scheduled intwrview time I sent an email to the recruiter who requested the interview to let her know I was sorry I missed her but would be available for an additional 30 minutes if she was running late otherwise we could reschedule. About a week later still no response, I followed up with a phone call (voice mail) and another email to express my continued Interest in the position never received a response. I am very disappointed with the lack of professionalism.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

The hiring experience was done through an online video portal. All the questions were asked by a pre-recorded video. They asked five questions ( five separate videos) with a timed response, allowing for up to three minute responses.

Financial Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

I was asked to do a digital interview. I was sent a link. The link took me to the job site, nor the interview site. I e mailed and called numerous times to get this corrected but never got even an acknowledgement of my guestion

Interview Questions

• Too bad. Fidelity missed out on a motivated talented advisor. If you treat interviewees this way how do you treat your clients.cX   Answer Question

Customer Service Advocate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

Once application was completed and submitted and email with link to participate in video interview was given. HireVue is the name of the company and you had the option to make some practice runs before beginning the actual interview. During the interview you were given about 30 seconds to answer after questions were given.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you were able to offer a customer exceptional customer service.   Answer Question

Financial Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Westlake, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Phone Interview with recruiter. Received a call the day I put in the application. Recruiter wasn't bubbly, I actually had to ask for her name. Scheduled a time during the next day for the call and just went through it. Ended call with I did not have enough customer service experience for an entry level position and gave feedback that my answers were too long.

Interview Questions

• Name a specific time in your job history where you showed empathy to a client.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments in February 2017.

Interview

Personality based, they asked me questions about how I would fit in to their company and culture after describing the job and company culture. We then proceeded to have a conversation about what I want to do and why specifically at Fidelity Investments.

Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tualatin, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Tualatin, OR).

Interview

Completed initial questionnaire where I had to record myself answering some basic personality questions. This is a 1 sided interview.

After completing this, I was contacted to come into the branch to meet with the regional and branch manager.

I Interviewed the regional and branch manager. Did not get the position because management believed I wouldn't have been fulfilled/happy working the position. I respect their decision, and they were probably right about that as this role requires little financial knowledge. You only need to know enough to bring on clients and open accounts.

I have a strong analytical background with some sales experience in financial services and degrees in both finance and accounting. I am disturbed that the managers made it very clear that they had no interest in finance, as they are a financial services firm after all. I hope this sort of mentality does not trickle down to employees in the branch as many of their clients depend on them to make wise financial decisions and not just aim for sales targets.

Overall, a pretty laid back interview. Questions were pretty basic and nothing to lose sleep over. If you have sales experience and/or a liberal arts degree, this may be an excellent entry into financial services for you.

Financial Services Advocate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrimack, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Merrimack, NH) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online, did digital interview, that had seven questions. I downloaded an app and did it on my phone. You can practice before, then u have 30 seconds to prepare for the question, then 3 minutes for the answer. After this I received an email for a phone interview. That was around 20 min. After the interviu questions I was asked if I can work night and weekends and i said no and the interview ended.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Westlake, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

A 30 min phone interview, followed by another Technical/Behavioral interview. The interview process was through a campus recruiting program at the University. Followed by a phone interview, and I also filled out the fidelity form online and went over Fidelity background and its history.

Interview Questions

• In any language, write code to generate fibonacci series   Answer Question

Customer Service Advocate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments in December 2016.

Interview

Recruiter skipped digital interview and had a phone interview . The interview lasted 22 minutes . She went over my previous jobs and asked me about 2-3 situational questions . The lady who interviewed me was rude and condescending . She said I was a good fit , but needed to be more specific . Which is weird considering I talked to her for a long time on the situational questions . Fidelity I would suggest getting another recruiter who is nicer , because that lady was not at all ! I will not be applying to this company again .