Fidelity Investments Fund Accounting Analyst Co-Op Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fidelity Investments Fund Accounting Analyst Co-Op Interview Questions

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Westlake, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Westlake, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Felt unprepared and worried because I have never recorded myself or have experienced a digital interview. They had a great prep interview process and it turned out to be a great digital interview. Very simple and straight-forward questions.

Interview Questions

• Have you had experience mutual funds? How?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Fidelity Investments

Fund Accounting Analyst Co-Op Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments in May 2014.

Interview

I applied online, then I received an email from a recruiter (from boston) to set up a phone screen. After that I was offered an on-site interview with 2 departments managers (30 minutes each, back-to-back). I got got a phone call from the recruiter in Boston with the job offer the very next day.

Interview Questions

• Why Fidelity?
      Why did you apply for this position?
      Why Accounting?
      Typical behavioral questions.

Anonymous Employee in Merrimack, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Merrimack, NH) in April 2014.

Interview

- Very easy interview.
    - Ask you mainly personal questions.
    - Get to meet with potential co-workers and see what they are like.
    - Talk more about the position and see what your career goals are.
    - Overall the employees asking the questions are very nice and really want to see if this position is right for you after learning more.

Overall,

The experience went very fell and everyone was very helpful throughout the whole process. The HR at Fidelity was great and always provided timely responses.

Anonymous Employee in Westlake, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Westlake, TX).

Interview

Went to the College of Business Career Fair, met the recruiter who was actually a Fund Accounting Analyst Manager. After he explained the position he told me to apply for the position online. A few days to a week later I received an email asking when I was available for a phone interview. Went through the phone interview process, and then received an email for a face-to-face interview. Interview consisted of mainly behavioral questions with very few technical questions. Technical questions include: What is a stock, what is a mutual fund, what do you know about fund accounting. (Hint: Know about NAV and how it is the bread and butter of fund accounting.) After that they say it's about a 2 week turnaround but they sent me an offer a week later.

Interview Questions

• -Why Fidelity?
      -What is a stock?
      -What is a mutual fund?
      -What do you know about fund accounting?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

Don't try to negotiate. It's an internship position. And it's way better pay relative to others.

Anonymous Employee in Merrimack, NH

Application

I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Merrimack, NH) in October 2013.

Interview

I applied on the company website and received a call for a brief 10 minute phone interview the next day. The HR representative went over the basics of the position and asked why I was interested in the co-op. From there, a 90 minute interview was set up for a week later with 3 different individuals. I spoke with each interviewer individually for 30 minutes each. The questions were fairly basic, why you are interested in the position, walk me through your resume type questions. There was only one technical question the entire interview. They called me about a week and a half after my interview with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• What does it mean when a bond is issued at a discount?
      Tell me a time when you went above and beyond for a customer.
      Why Fidelity?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't a negotiation as it is a temporary co-op position, but the pay is competitive.