Fidelity Investments Equity Research Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 11, 2017

3.4

20 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Equity Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

Asked serval case studies. Asked about personal experience including strengths and weaknesses. Must be knowledgable on the markets. Must have a strong answer fro why fidelity and how it is different. was asked where else I am applying.

Equity Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments in August 2017.

Interview

I applied through college or university. Received an invitation for the first round within 3 weeks. The first round was a phone interview that focused mostly on behavioral questions. I was asked around 10 questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      How did you become interested in investing?
      Why Fidelity's equity research associate program?
      How did you learn about Fidelity’s equity research associate program?
      Do you have a stock pitch?
      How do you keep up with markets?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Boston, MA) in August 2017.

Interview

I had 2 video interviews, one with a recruiter and one with a portfolio manager, followed by a final round of interviews at the Boston office. The interview process took 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

First round phone interview: talked about work I did in my previous internships. Second round: flew me into their HQ in Boston, met with 6 different people, 2 MDs, 2 PMs, 2 analysts. They were all very nice but it was quite tiring as it was one after the other, all with different questions and interview styles. Nothing too technical which was surprising, and didn't even grill me on stock pitches or market outlooks

Interview Questions

• Questions mostly on thought process etc   1 Answer

Summer Equity Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

Applied through my school career center. 45 minute interview with a portfolio manager. Asked mostly questions about my resume and stocks that I follow. I pitched an airline stock, and he asked very in-depth questions about the industry and what I would do if I were to become the airline industry expert at Fidelity.

Quantitative Equity Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Boston, MA) in March 2014.

Interview

On campus recruiting followed by in office Superday. Mostly fit questions at Fidelity Investments. Very pleasant hiring process. Knowing why you're interested in investment management is important. Met with various associates and managers during the Superday.

Equity Research Associate Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Boston, MA) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied via school career site, followed by a phone interview, and a super day in Boston. The super day consisted of 6 back to back 30 minute interviews. I wasn't asked too technical of questions - the employer just wants to see your thought process.

Interview Questions

• How would you determine the PV of the Mona Lisa?
      Pitch a stock.   Answer Question

Equity Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

Had a 1:1 interview with an analyst. Asked several detailed questions about my opinion on the markets and a few stocks.

Equity Research Associate Intern Interview

Interview

stated with a phone interview. was mostly behavioral / personal questions, but asked some questions about different kinds of companies i'd be interested in investing in right now.

in-person superday with 6 30-minute interviews. some behavioral questions, some brain teasers, some psuedo-case studies -- a mix of everything. no stick pitches though.

Interview Questions

• We get thousands of applications for an incredibly small number of positions. Why should I care about you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Boston, MA) in April 2011.

Interview

Mostly just chatting. They wanted to make sure I paid attention to what was going on in the world, and that I would fit in at Fidelity. Asked what sectors I would be in right now, and was asked once out of 4 interviews for a stock reccomendation

Interview Questions

• Pick a sector to be in right now   1 Answer