Fidelity Investments Fund Accounting Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fidelity Investments Fund Accounting Analyst Interview Questions

2.6

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Westlake, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Westlake, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Felt unprepared and worried because I have never recorded myself or have experienced a digital interview. They had a great prep interview process and it turned out to be a great digital interview. Very simple and straight-forward questions.

Interview Questions

• Have you had experience mutual funds? How?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments in November 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by three different Fund Accounting managers for about 15 minutes each. They asked basic background questions just trying to see how I would fit and understand if I know basic business terminology. It was a pretty laid back interview overall. They called me back about five days after the interview with the offer.

Interview Questions

• What is a mutual fund?
      Why do you want to work at Fidelity?   Answer Question

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments in May 2014.

Interview

I applied online, then I received an email from a recruiter (from boston) to set up a phone screen. After that I was offered an on-site interview with 2 departments managers (30 minutes each, back-to-back). I got got a phone call from the recruiter in Boston with the job offer the very next day.

Interview Questions

• Why Fidelity?
      Why did you apply for this position?
      Why Accounting?
      Typical behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Merrimack, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Merrimack, NH) in April 2014.

Interview

- Very easy interview.
    - Ask you mainly personal questions.
    - Get to meet with potential co-workers and see what they are like.
    - Talk more about the position and see what your career goals are.
    - Overall the employees asking the questions are very nice and really want to see if this position is right for you after learning more.

Overall,

The experience went very fell and everyone was very helpful throughout the whole process. The HR at Fidelity was great and always provided timely responses.

Anonymous Employee in Merrimack, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Merrimack, NH).

Interview

I was called by a Fidelity recruiting staff member a few weeks after sending in my resume and was asked if I was still interested in the job along with salary requirements. He also gave me basic information about the job and said I would be sent an email for an interview soon. The interview itself was not bad at all. 2 interviews. About 30 minutes each. One with a manager in the department and then the manager of the fund accounting department. Was asked to talk about team projects in school and work. Also was asked about my past employment and the details of my previous experiences in work related projects and about work in general. Overall the interview process was one of the easier interviews I've experienced.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project in school that required teamwork and analytical thinking.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Westlake, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Westlake, TX).

Interview

Went to the College of Business Career Fair, met the recruiter who was actually a Fund Accounting Analyst Manager. After he explained the position he told me to apply for the position online. A few days to a week later I received an email asking when I was available for a phone interview. Went through the phone interview process, and then received an email for a face-to-face interview. Interview consisted of mainly behavioral questions with very few technical questions. Technical questions include: What is a stock, what is a mutual fund, what do you know about fund accounting. (Hint: Know about NAV and how it is the bread and butter of fund accounting.) After that they say it's about a 2 week turnaround but they sent me an offer a week later.

Interview Questions

• -Why Fidelity?
      -What is a stock?
      -What is a mutual fund?
      -What do you know about fund accounting?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Don't try to negotiate. It's an internship position. And it's way better pay relative to others.

Anonymous Employee in Merrimack, NH

Application

I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Merrimack, NH) in October 2013.

Interview

I applied on the company website and received a call for a brief 10 minute phone interview the next day. The HR representative went over the basics of the position and asked why I was interested in the co-op. From there, a 90 minute interview was set up for a week later with 3 different individuals. I spoke with each interviewer individually for 30 minutes each. The questions were fairly basic, why you are interested in the position, walk me through your resume type questions. There was only one technical question the entire interview. They called me about a week and a half after my interview with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• What does it mean when a bond is issued at a discount?
      Tell me a time when you went above and beyond for a customer.
      Why Fidelity?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't a negotiation as it is a temporary co-op position, but the pay is competitive.

Anonymous Employee in Westlake, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Westlake, TX) in May 2012.

Interview

I applied to the job online, was emailed an invitation to have a phone interview. After the phone interview I had a face to face with three managers of 30 minutes each. Overall the interviews were pretty laid back, the managers were easy to talk to, not intimidating and didnt ask any off the wall questions. Most questions were job related, however, one of the manager's interviews were mainly behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary was set, and stated before the phone interview took place. As for the face to face interviews, its all just a matter of preparation and showing a real desire for the job itself and knowledge about the company, you should definately know the values of Fidelity. Be sure and have detailed explanations of time management, organization skills and team work.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Dallas, TX) in November 2011.

Interview

i attended the career fair and talked to some people who work in fidelity. and i received an email that informed me that i got a telephone interview. the interviewer is a lady. she asked me to introduced myself first . after that, the first question is i am looking for an internship or full time job. after i told her the position, fund accounting analyst, that i applied, she said she is taking charge for recruiting interns so she doesn't want to waste my time. i told her that i also interested in internship but i cannot find any information about internship on their website. then she said because the project of recruiting interns is still not mature, they haven't post it yet.

Anonymous Employee in Westlake, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Westlake, TX) in October 2011.

Interview

First, I was emailed to set up a phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 20-30 minutes and it was with an HR representative. I assumed the phone interview would be mostly her telling me about the position and seeing if I was a fit, but she asked me what I thought the job was and what I thought I would be doing. She wanted to make sure I knew the position, especially because I was referred by an employee. After the phone interview, I was emailed a date/time to meet at their office to interview with three managers, each 30 minutes. These were relatively laid back and I was not asked any off the wall/crazy questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The first question I was asked during the phone interview was if I was ok with the salary and when I asked if it was negotiatible, she said no.