Fidelity Investments Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,500 Interview Reviews

2.9

Benefits Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Westlake, TX).

Interview

I was interviewed by six people back-to-back from the benefits team, each lasting 30 minutes. Everyone was very friendly, and some people talked more about my interests while some asked more about my experience or my knowledge about the company. They really do give you a good breakdown about what the team does. However, it took almost three months to get a response from them, despite my emailing the team for updates.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrimack, NH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Merrimack, NH) in April 2017.

Interview

Sent my cover letter and resume in through the Fidelity website. Immediately received an email inviting me to a recorded video interview. The video interview consisted of seven questions. They give you 30 seconds to prepare your response after viewing the question and 3 minutes to answer. It is very nerve-wracking doing an interview this way as this is your only opportunity to showcase yourself. If you mess up, you do not get a chance to try again.

Interview Questions

• Why Fidelity Investments?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you gave excellent customer service and how do you know it was well-received?   Answer Question
    • Name a specific time you have to probe further to find out the customers needs?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about the series 7 and series 63 exams? How would you go about preparing for them?   Answer Question
    • What skills can you bring to this position?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

Went through the video interview, phone screening and manager interview. My recruiter was not responsive and did not follow up with me. I had to email him constantly to make sure I was in the hiring process. Overall the hiring process took​ 5 months because the recruiter was not responsive.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westlake, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Westlake, TX).

Interview

It was 2 hours interview. Overall very good experience. 2 Technical, 1 behavioral and 1 overall organisation structure walk through. Each one of them asked me if i need water or break even for 2 hrs of interview which made me comfortable.

Interview Questions

• It was while back so dont remember but very basic technical questions were asked as i joined as fresher   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Westlake, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Westlake, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Received email asking to set up a phone interview a few days later. Forty five minute phone interview with HR to see if you are a good fit for the job. If you pass this, they will let you know right then . I had to take an assessment before my in person interview. Assessment was easy, but timed. The assessment will grade you on your academic skills as well as a culture fit. My interview was scheduled a few days later.
    Interview at the campus went well. I did not have a group tour, but the two managers interviewing me did show me around before the actual interview.
    The in person interview was laid back and friendly. Do your homework before this interview. They want to know what you know about Fidelity and the exams. They will ask some customer service questions as well as behavioral questions.

Later that day, HR called me and asked if I had other offers and said she would call me back the next day. I had an offer the next day which i accepted. Be prepared to go through a lengthy credit and background check.

Customer Relationship Advocate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments in April 2017.

Interview

Video interview then phone interview. Passed the video interview, but not the interview. I served as a contact center lead, but was told I did not have enough customer service experience. Last I checked you have to become an excellent customer service agent before you can become a lead. I think they are satisfied with entry level and not looking to promote within the company. Interviewer was polite, but not very intuitive or capable of talent acquisition.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Boston, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

After two phone interviews with Fidelity I was brought into their office to interview with everyone on the team I would be working for. I spent over three hours there. After about a week I found it curious that I had heard nothing from them, but decided to wait it out. After three weeks I reached out to find out that I didn't get the job. After investing so much time into the interview process it would have been nice to hear from them without having to reach out.

Interview Questions

Interview

I submitted an application online and received an email from a recruiter asking me to complete an online interview. (9 standard interview questions) I sent a thank you letter the next day. I received another email requesting a phone interview, I scheduled the phone interview, the interview time came and went and I didn't receive a call from anyone. About 30 minuyes after the scheduled intwrview time I sent an email to the recruiter who requested the interview to let her know I was sorry I missed her but would be available for an additional 30 minutes if she was running late otherwise we could reschedule. About a week later still no response, I followed up with a phone call (voice mail) and another email to express my continued Interest in the position never received a response. I am very disappointed with the lack of professionalism.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

The hiring experience was done through an online video portal. All the questions were asked by a pre-recorded video. They asked five questions ( five separate videos) with a timed response, allowing for up to three minute responses.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Boston, MA).

Interview

One day of 30 minute interviews with 7 various people around the company. Some directly related to hiring role, others not.
    Second day of 2 interviews with department heads (clearly after "passing" the test of the day one 7 interviewers).

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time when you made a mistake: how did you handle it?   1 Answer