Fidelity Investments Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,566 Interview Reviews

2.9

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Boston, MA) in June 2017.

Interview

Twenty minute Telephone interview. I was referred by a relative and 1st spoke to an employee then he connected me to the human resource person who scheduled me for the telephone interview. She called me and then we scheduled the interview for the following week. I should have been better prepared. I thought she was going to ask more general behavioral type questions but I was asked specifics that I was unable to answer. I knew by end of interview that I wouldn't be called in for in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Was asked if I understood what the Series 6 and series 7 tests covered   1 Answer

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

30 minute behavioral and 30 minute technical interview after a phone screening. Fairly simple: Who are you, what's your background, team work, projects, solve simple whiteboard problems. However, HR has a problem with communication as getting a response usually took days and a second email.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time a team member did not contribute enough to a project.   Answer Question

Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amarillo, TX

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Amarillo, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

3 interviews so far, with 2 recruiters before this, I will have another interview coming up, but said process should be quick after this one. Have to travel a lot for interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Boston, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

30 minute phone call with a recruiter, 30 minute phone call with the hiring manager, and about a 2 hour onsite composed of four 1 on 1 interviews with the hiring manager and 3 engineer/architect/director.

The phone calls were pretty much the standard behavioral questions like why Fidelity Investments, tell me about yourself, what you'd like to do, etc.

The onsite interviews were most behavioral questions, but there was 1 "technical" round. The technical round wasn't based on problem solving, data structures, algorithms, team work or any of the standard technical interviews you'd expect. It was just a bunch of questions on specific parts of technologies and the expectation was that you would be able to read the interviewers mind and respond with the exact answer in his head. Other than the "technical" round, the other interviewers went pretty well; the interviewers were friendly and the conversations were good.

Interview Questions

• Unfortunately, I do not remember any of the specific questions asked in the"technical" round. They were a bit ridiculous. No SQL/databse, data structure, algorithm, concurrency, programming language specific, etc related questions.   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

Hirevue video interview: record your interview answers. Given two minutes to prepare and then two minutes to answer. Was fairly easy and less nerve wracking due to the fact that you're not doing a fce to face interview

Investment Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online, 1st interview was with Hire Vue a digital interview. If your digital interview is done well, you will be invited into a branch for a face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a book of business?   1 Answer

Customer Service Associate I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Westlake, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Interview process was easy but the background checks were stressful. Language of action if not told truth on application. My job offer rescinded although I was truthful throughout the process. Instead of asking me about the job in question, I was rescinded the Friday afternoon before I was going to start on Monday. I was told that my contact was ill as to why I hadn't heard. Background check took one week after initial offer accepted so I waited two weeks for my offer letter plus I went in to get my badge. Totally unethical and immoral to be turned down for speaking truth and honesty plus being told so late in the process.

Interview Questions

• What's your retirement account experience like?   1 Answer

Customer Service Advocate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments in May 2017.

Interview

The interview was first a phone interview. A series of questions they had to ask, Then the recruiter talked more about the company and position and how series 7 and 63 are required.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

I applied through an employee referral and got invited to go through Hire View video interview. I was then contacted from a college recruiter rep. and was told I had a hiring manager wanting to speak with me. I then had a phone interview and later got an offer. Make sure you have examples of work and know why your skills match the internship you're trying to get.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had an issue presented to you and how you over came it.   Answer Question
    • Why are you wanting this internship, why fidelity.   Answer Question

Customer Relationship Advocate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

Applied online, within a few days I was asked to complete a video interview (one way; answer prerecorded questions..make sure you have a working webcam and mic), from there I was asked to do a phone interview. At the end of the call I was told that I didn't have the passion for the role and that I would not be moving to the next phase. If you're going to interview, make sure you know about the series 63 and 7 in great detail, and if you don't already have them make sure you let them know how driven you are to get them.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you know about the series 63 and series 7 licenses.   Answer Question