Fidelity Investments Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,515 Interview Reviews

2.9

Transaction Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Albuquerque, NM) in March 2017.

Interview

The online application is very long and detailed (if offered the position, they will make you re-input all information provided again in a separate, near-identical application). If selected, you are sent an online data entry assessment, which is a simple copy-names-and-addresses quiz. After that, there was an in-person interview, and then if they offer you a position, there will be comprehensive background and credit check. SOMEONE WHO HAS BEEN TERMINATED MORE THAN ONCE IN THEIR WORK HISTORY NEED NOT APPLY. Fidelity will offer you a position, have you sign an offer letter, make you take a drug test, take your fingerprints, and pull your credit report BEFORE recinding your offer of employment, even if your terminations are declared IN YOUR INITIAL application. They do not tell you that two terminations automatically bar you from employment.

Interview Questions

• The in-person interview is scripted, and will include questions in the "tell me about a time that..." style. One question asked was, "tell me about a time where you made a mistake, and tell me what steps you took to correct it and how you avoided making the same mistake in the future".   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Denver, CO) in March 2017.

Interview

First and foremost, I didn't apply for this role was told that without a Series 7 license I'm ineligible to interview for ANY sales job with Fidelity. I've had my Series 6 and 63 for ten years...sold Individual and Group retirement products...this is a terrible rule in my opinion.

Taking a few steps back in my timeline, I applied to three jobs in mid January and heard crickets chirping until I reached out to my friend and colleague who current works for Fidelity. She was able to reach her contacts and a front line HR rep called me two weeks later. My interactions with her were pleasant overall.

In Mid-February I completed the initial phone screening and competency test. The phone screen takes and hour and the competency test the same. This test was easy in regards to the content but timed and set up to make you rush through. Upon completion of step 1 and 2, I interviewed with two managers at the Denver Tech center location. The building is great, people seem nice, and overall vibe tries to be modern but it is still a concrete box and cubical life.

Early March, the in person interview was sub-par. The questions didn't flow, the two people sitting across from me have done it four million times and could care less, and the process seemed forced and without any connection. One question basically asked me to predict the future....

Mid March, I emailed my HR contact since I didn't hear anything in two weeks. She finally reached out and left a voicemail.

Interview Questions

• I had maybe a dozen different streams of interview questions where they start with one and ask more based upon the answer you give. A few times the conversation stalled they ask you if you have any questions about Fidelity. Be sure to bleed Fidelity before you even work here...they really loved the why are you choosing Fidelity? What brought you here today?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Boston, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

Video interview. Was sent instructions for a short video interview. It was not too difficult. Only about 4 questions. Waited about a week and received word from them that the job listing was cancelled.

Interview Questions

• It was a vey high level interview. They asked about what I thought about Fidelity Investments. Nothing really too hard. Was expecting more. I do truly believe that the job was cancelled though. The listing for the position was removed from their website entirely.   Answer Question

LEAP Applicant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Providence, RI) in March 2017.

Interview

Very positive environment and the interview process was very precise and clear all through each step. Recruiter was very informative and the interview questions were on basic programming and problem solving.

Audit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Boston, MA).

Interview

Had 12 interviews to walk in the door off a college campus. Came in to the office for two rounds of marathon interviews and then had 2 phone interviews with leaders of the organization. I understand they want to hire the best, but seems excessive for an analyst.

Summer Technology Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

I applied online and got an email asking me to video record my answers to a set of prerecorded questions about two weeks later.
    About another three weeks later I got a call from a Hiring Manager to set up a phone interview with her. She said that I did well and passed me on to a second phone interview with another manager in the company.
    This phone interview happened about two months later. They said that they were mainly hiring for DevOps at this time and if that was okay. I said it was. Interviewed with the manager and got a call back with an offer two days later.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle debugging a software problem that you encountered?   Answer Question
    • How did you handle a situation where you and your coworkers did not get along?   Answer Question

Customer Service Advocate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

Once application was completed and submitted and email with link to participate in video interview was given. HireVue is the name of the company and you had the option to make some practice runs before beginning the actual interview. During the interview you were given about 30 seconds to answer after questions were given.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you were able to offer a customer exceptional customer service.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

Three, one-on-one interviews with different managers. My first two interviews were back-to-back at the NM site location but were conducted via Skype. The third interview was over the phone. In total, the interviews lasted about 30 minutes each.

Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Denver, CO) in February 2017.

Interview

Initial Video Interview. Once I passed, I was selected for a phone interview. 2 hour interview. I don't know the relevance of their questions. It's not based on me as a professional.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of how you impacted the life of another in your work environment-- or something like that.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Smithfield, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Smithfield, RI) in February 2017.

Interview

Split into two interviews, one technical, one non-technical. The first seemed mostly to be for my benefit, educate me to the specifics of the position. The first was a single recruiter, the second, a panel.

Interview Questions

• They asked about a specific customer interaction from a previous job in which I didn't regularly interact with them.   Answer Question