Fidelity Investments Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,499 Interview Reviews

2.9

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (San Diego, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

First, I applied online, then I was asked to do a timed video interview, and lastly I was called to come into the office for the final interview. The office space is very professional and inviting. The interviewer mostly asked me behavioral questions and was very enthusiastic. The interview lasted about 30 minutes and felt natural and like a conversation.

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

Phone interview and followed by In person interview
    4 Persons interviewed 30 mins each
    Hiring Manager, Peers
    Phone interview and followed by In person interview
    4 Persons interviewed 30 mins each
    Hiring Manager, Peers

Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tualatin, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Tualatin, OR).

Interview

Completed initial questionnaire where I had to record myself answering some basic personality questions. This is a 1 sided interview.

After completing this, I was contacted to come into the branch to meet with the regional and branch manager.

I Interviewed the regional and branch manager. Did not get the position because management believed I wouldn't have been fulfilled/happy working the position. I respect their decision, and they were probably right about that as this role requires little financial knowledge. You only need to know enough to bring on clients and open accounts.

I have a strong analytical background with some sales experience in financial services and degrees in both finance and accounting. I am disturbed that the managers made it very clear that they had no interest in finance, as they are a financial services firm after all. I hope this sort of mentality does not trickle down to employees in the branch as many of their clients depend on them to make wise financial decisions and not just aim for sales targets.

Overall, a pretty laid back interview. Questions were pretty basic and nothing to lose sleep over. If you have sales experience and/or a liberal arts degree, this may be an excellent entry into financial services for you.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (New York, NY).

Interview

Overall a very nice and fairly easy interview. I talked to the branch manager and he is very sweet, not demanding at all. Because this is already the second interview, he knows my qualification very well. this interview is mainly on why would I want to work for Fidelity, not other company. We had a nice talk and I liked the working environment there.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Video interview through HireView that took about 10 minutes. Questions were straightforward and gave you 30 seconds between each question. The questions were basic personality questions and testing your knowledge about the company.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Westlake, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

A 30 min phone interview, followed by another Technical/Behavioral interview. The interview process was through a campus recruiting program at the University. Followed by a phone interview, and I also filled out the fidelity form online and went over Fidelity background and its history.

Interview Questions

• In any language, write code to generate fibonacci series   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I recruited on campus. There was one interview. We spoke about my work experience and two stock pitches in detail. The interview lasted 30min and I was invited to the second round.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments in January 2017.

Interview

Almost entirely behavioral. First round with behavior about why I was interested in company, second with potential manager. Talked about project of my choosing - good to know at least one or two of your projects in and out. Very nice interviewers, want to help you. Got the offer by phone about an hour after.

Financial Services Advocate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrimack, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Merrimack, NH) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online, did digital interview, that had seven questions. I downloaded an app and did it on my phone. You can practice before, then u have 30 seconds to prepare for the question, then 3 minutes for the answer. After this I received an email for a phone interview. That was around 20 min. After the interviu questions I was asked if I can work night and weekends and i said no and the interview ended.

Tech Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments in January 2017.

Interview

Interviewed for a Summer position . I had 5 interviews in total. The first was a video interview all behavior questions, 2nd general interview with college recruiter knowing some stuff about fidelity is good. 3rd was a interview with a manager in NC it wasn't really interview just really had a conversation about why I wanted to program in mainframe , but that location didn't have any space for what I was applying for because I'm mostly cobol and assembly and he said they used more jcl. 4th interview was with 3 managers in Texas . This was by far the toughest . I had to explain a lot of my resume and several technical questions . I felt confident about that despite the toughness . The 5th was a interview by a Boston manager this wasn't for a mainframe role but a java role where knowing how to mainframe is a plus. This was just a bunch of questions about experience working in groups. Explain good and bad times working in groups etc. I explained all my phased group projects . Wasn't really any java questions , I told him I hadn't took a java course in a year but he asked what courses I took java with. But this was very conversational like the first manager interview . But I was immediately offered a position the next day from this location . Also sent application in October ,1st interview was in November last was in January.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Recruiter told me the offer and hourly pay for the summer and gave me a week to decide.