Fidelity Investments Investment Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 12, 2017

3.1

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Investment Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online, 1st interview was with Hire Vue a digital interview. If your digital interview is done well, you will be invited into a branch for a face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a book of business?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Fidelity Investments

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Internal Hire - Applied on line and hiring manager called me to set up the initial interview. Second interview was with hiring manager and additional reps in the office.

Although I hate role playing I knew it was was apart of the hiring process. Be prepared to discuss your process in meeting with clients

Investment Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

After submitting an application, I was contacted by a recruiter via email. The email had a sense of urgency that I needed to respond immediately and provide a time that I can be available to speak because they are hiring aggressively for position. I responded and we scheduled a phone interview for the following day. The recruiter called 10 minutes late and didn't have the decency to apologize as if I should feel privileged they are talking to me. So anyway, I thought our conversation went well. Good enough where the recruiter indicated that I am in for a follow up phone interview with a hiring manager from the branch. We scheduled it and we got off the phone. Later that evening, I sent a thank you email. About an hour later, I got a response stating that the phone interview was being cancelled because they are pursuing other candidates. I did the admirable thing and sent another thank you email. I asked if I can apply for other locations, but was told that every location is filled.
    This was not a pleasant experience. I normally don't post things like this on-line but I felt the need to. I just wish they would be more respectful of our time and more importantly, be a little bit more sensitive.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Washington, DC) in November 2014.

Interview

One on one interview with the branch manager answered his question very formal. Very concerned about what drives you to do this job and putting the customer first. They want to know you are there for the right reasons. After this they want you to show you have sells skills and can demonstrate them through an easy to understand process.

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Richmond, VA) in September 2012.

Interview

2012 was a long time ago I do not remember questions. My past employment was used to verify my skills. depending on who does the interview it may be different.

Negotiation

There was none.

Investment Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments in December 2007.

Interview

The first interview was a typical phone screen from HR rep. The second was with 2 managers wich asked a series of situational questions seeking answers of specific situations where certain skills were used and successful results were achieved. The 3rd was with the hiring manager which was a meet and greet and he offered me the position.

Interview Questions

• what are your expectations for the market for the next year and what factors will contribute to that performance and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation

Investment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (London, England (UK)) in November 2013.

Interview

After applying online and passing the online numerical and verbal test, I was invited for a telephone interview. The interviewer was very friendly and approachable. I was asked questions from my CV, my academic choices, work experiences. Why Fidelity? Why Investments?

Investment Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments in December 2011.

Interview

First had a phone interview that led to a group interview. Firm called back within a few days and extended an offer. Offer included a sign on bonus and first two months of increased compensation.