Fidelity Investments LEAP Program Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 12, 2017

2.9

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

LEAP Program Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

Digital Interview (One way). 6 questions, 30 seconds to prepare and 3 minutes to answer the questions. Although technically you have all the time in the world, they give you 2 opportunities to record your response. Don't bother with the first if you're stumped, let time go by and prep your response for the second try. There is no time limit while waiting to start the second recording. Good luck... FYI: Going through the interview process now and I made it to the next round.

Interview Questions

• Why this position (why are you a good fit for this position?) / why this company?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Fidelity Investments

LEAP Program Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

First round interview was a HireVu video interview. Had to record myself answering the questions that came up on the screen. Got two chances to record for each question.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in the Leap Program and Fidelity Investments?   Answer Question
    • What has been your proudest work accomplishment?   Answer Question
    • Why did you choose your major and what are your favorite technical classes?   Answer Question
    • Give us a high level overview of your technical skills and interests.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

Simple interview process. Began with a 20 minute phone screen, although it seemed that the recruiter was unprepared.

A week later came a video interview, 1 behavioral and 1 technical back to back, 40 minutes each. The interview was pleasant in general, very nice people. Behavioral interview is more conversational, rather than plain question and answer. Questions mostly about the projects you've worked on, they ask you to talk about the difficulties and how you handled them, the challenges you faced, what's hard about delegating, working in teams, etc. I was project manager in a lot of parts in my resume and they asked me a lot about how I run my team and the difficulties about dealing with clients. The questions are really based on you and your experiences. Make sure to be ready to talk about EVERYTHING in your resume, even the small, unrelated things. I was caught off guard in that.

On technical, they ask you about Java, SQL, and basic programming skills as well as the SDLC, particularly about Agile.

The process was quick. Literally 5 minutes after the interview I got an e-mail asking me if they could call me and they informed me of the good news.

Overall, just take a deep breath. The interviewers are very very nice and they try hard not to make you nervous.

Interview Questions

• What is an INNER JOIN or OUTER JOIN in SQL? How do you insert into a table in SQL? Reverse a String in any programming language. Code a multiplication table. What is a user story? What is a scrum meeting?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Durham, NC) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online, took 4 weeks to get back to me. Initial phone interview with behaivoral and some techical, then I had an in person interview the next week. Very nice people up front. Was given a nice tour, then I had the techical portion of the interview, unfortunately they gave me the systems architect as my interviewer, I thought I was going to be questioned on Java and SQL but we ended up talking about Node.js and MongoDB since it was on my resume. I thought it was just a chance to see if I could learn anything but it took time away from the skills I was actually applying for. Behaivoral portion was ok. My experience at fidelity its self was fine but the reason my over all review is negative is because they never bothered to contact me at all to say whether or I got the position. I even emailed the recruiter a few times and nothing. It's been 5+ weeks without hearing nothing so I know they rejected me by now. Just don't expect to hear back from these people at all if they don't give you an offer within a week.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to solve a problem in a creative way.   Answer Question

LEAP Program Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

Phone screen with HR, then one round each of behavioral and technical interviews (on same day). The phone interview was fairly casual, though the interviewer did ask a standard behavioral question. As for the onsite element, I viewed the behavioral interview as more difficult than the technical. If you know OOP essentials and can code at a basic level, you'll do well on their technical interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you structure the class relationships of animals and their species?   Answer Question

LEAP Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments in December 2015.

Interview

It takes so much time and they wont even respond.I applied through online.Frankly speaking the interview standard is pretty basic and if you are a CS student, you can easily crack the interview,easy, friendly people.

Interview Questions

• They ask behavioral questions and about object oriented programming concepts   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Raleigh, NC) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiter. First got called up to do a phone screening, nothing major. Then got invited to onsite to do interview. Had two interview , 45 minutes each one technical one behavioral. Had some minor coding in technical and lot of questions In behavioral. Not hard process if you know what your talking about.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project where you were approaching. A deadline and you had to change things up to meet the deadline   Answer Question

LEAP Program Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments in October 2015.

Interview

Negative experience, initially had a phone call that was 20 minutes late due to other candidates calls. Lady was nice but soft spoken so hard to hear over the phone. Was invited to do 2 30 minute interviews at my school, which I accepted. The two interviewers where managers at Fidelity, but seemed little interested in the company. There was a technical and behavioral interview., although the technical interview seemed more behavioral and less about what I knew. The manager who did the behavioral interview was very coarse, and ended the interview with no notice

Interview Questions

• Lots of interrogation style questions.They try to dig deep and this can get uneasy for some people.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morrisville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Morrisville, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

Recruiters were at my school's career fair. Talked to them for a little bit. They told me to apply online. It seemed like they were trying to look for as many people as they can since it was almost the end of the school yea. After one week, I had one 30min phone screen. The talk was pleasant and planned for a final on-site series of interviews (2 30min behavioral, 1 30 min tech). Before the series of interview though, I was given a tour with a couple of other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral were standard questions like strongest accomplishment, most creative, etc. The tech were related to Java. Seemed like they wanted to know the basics of Java such as garbage collection, keywords like static final etc, inheritance, object orientation, etc. Basically, stuff you should have learned from your first Java course.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Merrimack, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Merrimack, NH) in March 2015.

Interview

Process was fairly quick. I applied online at Fidelity's website and heard back within a week for a phone screening. Phone screening consisted of basic interview questions about the track you wanted and your qualifications. Got invited to interview in person with three different people which consisted of two behavioral interviews and one technical interview. Got offered the job the next day and accepted.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the software development lifecycle, SQL, requirements gathering?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't have to negotiate since the salary is very good.