Fidelity Investments Interview Questions in North Carolina | Glassdoor

2.7

99 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Retirement Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Cary, NC).

Interview

Phone interview with a recruiter was the first step. Fairly informal screening type interview. Once passed that stage, interview in-person. For me that consisted of a presentation to a group of us (rah-rah Fidelity) followed by an individual interview with two managers. The interview was primarily behavior-based (tell us about a time...). Have lots of examples! The topics were fairly typical and relevant to the job and what makes a good employee - pretty common sense

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Cary, NC) in February 2017.

Interview

I had two interviews, one was a behavioral interview where they asked me questions such as how would I handle a dispute between myself and a manager. The other interview was a technical one.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle a dispute between myself and a manager   1 Answer

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Durham, NC) in November 2016.

Interview

Lengthy most of the question were really challenging , i was able to make my case, they really liked my resume and skillset. It was quite complicated interview than i would imagine. Overall happy with the way they conducted the video interview and the technical telephonic interview.

Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Durham, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

A brief phone interview followed by two video interviews, one technical and the other behavioral. The entire process was facilitated by a recruiter I met at my university's career fair.

Software Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Durham, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by someone in HR. She said she had received my resume from a colleague and was interested in talking to me about opportunities at Fidelity. We found a position that I was qualified for and I did a phone screening with the team manager. She asked me to come in for a series of in person interviews. For the in person interviews I talked to one person via video chat in one of their conference rooms. Then I had a series of 4 short interviews, all one-to-one except for one, where I was interviewed by a pair of employees. These interviews ended with a one-on-one with the team manager. All interviews were fairly casual and conversational in nature. There was no actual coding involved. Be prepared to talk at length about projects you have worked on though. Lots of behavioral questions.

Overall a very good experience--they make you feel at home which eases the pain of interviewing. I spent about 2 hours on location for the interviews.

The HR rep that I was in contact with throughout the process was the best I've dealt with over the past several months I've been interviewing. She was on top of things and responds VERY quickly when you need something.

I accepted the offer they gave me. It was more than I intended to negotiate for so I was very happy. I had my phone screening on a Thursday, the in person interview the following Monday, and they called me with an offer that Thursday. All told it might have taken 2 weeks from the time HR called me.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Raleigh, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online and heard back within a week. I was prompted to do an online interview within the next 4 days of that email. The online interview had 5 different questions and it gave me 30 seconds to review the questions and automatically started recording after that time was up. There was 3 minutes given to answer each question.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Durham, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

You get a call to pre-screen you for the job. Then a phone interview and in person interview with Vertitude. Final interview was a tour and presentation of facility, then interviewed with 2 managers.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time where you had to help a customer with a difficult issue. Very detailed   Answer Question

Defined Benefits Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Durham, NC) in August 2016.

Interview

Several interviews - first one by phone; only asked 3 questions then explained I would be receiving an email advising if I was asked for a personal interview; I was contacted same day. they were very personable and asked standard interview questions. Second was more of a group presentation and then the candidates met with 2 supervisors for a consultative interview.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you had to tell a disgruntled customer no to their request.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Raleigh, NC) in August 2016.

Interview

Over the phone interview than followup one on one. I'm was given prep questions potentially going to be asked. I reviewed the answers,and was,ready, preparation was key. They also utilize the 2 interviewer approach, good cop/ bad cop routines.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what is the most difficult situation you have handled and how do you effect the outcome.   Answer Question

LEAP Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Durham, NC) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online, took 4 weeks to get back to me. Initial phone interview with behaivoral and some techical, then I had an in person interview the next week. Very nice people up front. Was given a nice tour, then I had the techical portion of the interview, unfortunately they gave me the systems architect as my interviewer, I thought I was going to be questioned on Java and SQL but we ended up talking about Node.js and MongoDB since it was on my resume. I thought it was just a chance to see if I could learn anything but it took time away from the skills I was actually applying for. Behaivoral portion was ok. My experience at fidelity its self was fine but the reason my over all review is negative is because they never bothered to contact me at all to say whether or I got the position. I even emailed the recruiter a few times and nothing. It's been 5+ weeks without hearing nothing so I know they rejected me by now. Just don't expect to hear back from these people at all if they don't give you an offer within a week.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to solve a problem in a creative way.   Answer Question