Fidelity Investments Principal Architect Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Principal Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Durham, NC) in September 2012.

Interview

Started with a phone call from the HR Staffing Rep. Next step was a phone interview with the manager, then a flight to NC and and 5 hours with the team. Received an offer a week later. Entire process took a month.

Interview Questions

• Questions were not difficult or unexpected. Each member of the team asked questions based on their fortes paying attention to my answers. Some of the questions were deceptively simple. If you didn't know your 'stuff' you'd miss the point of the question and answer incorrectly.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Nothing to negotiate. The offer was fair and thought through. I suggest you do your research on Glass Door so you know what to expect and the questions to ask 'before' an offer is extended.

Other Interview Reviews for Fidelity Investments

Principal Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Durham, NC) in July 2012.

Interview

Contacted in early June regarding interest. Phone screen conducted about 4 days later. Spoke to the hiring manager and discussed the details of the positions and what I was looking for. There was interest and a on-site interview in Durham was scheduled about 3 weeks later. The interview was 3 hours with 5 people on the architecture team. It was somewhat unstructured with constant room changes and interviewer changes. Simple questions that seemed fairly random, What are you looking for? What the role of this person involves?. I was told in writing that I would be re-imbursed for driving 500 miles roundtrip for the interview...... (what a joke, I keep asking about filling out paperwork for this and the recruiter avoids my phone calls and emails). What kind of a company is this? It took me exactly 4 weeks to get feedback about the interview after countless unanswered emails and phone calls. This was a big disappointment for me - I was expecting more from a global financial company. Compared to the other interviews I had, Fidelity looked good from the outside but resembled a train wreak on the inside.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with developers who are not interested in System Architecture?   Answer Question