Fidelity Investments Principal Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fidelity Investments Principal Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated May 23, 2017

3.3

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Durham, NC) in November 2016.

Interview

Lengthy most of the question were really challenging , i was able to make my case, they really liked my resume and skillset. It was quite complicated interview than i would imagine. Overall happy with the way they conducted the video interview and the technical telephonic interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Fidelity Investments

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Westlake, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

Video interview where you answer questions given by someone from HR. The initial email reply from them said they'd get back to me in 5 business days (they didn't! -- took a few weeks). After completing the video interview, they ghosted me. No rejection. No contact. This has happened twice with Fidelity. Totally unprofessional. Atleast reject me. Never dealing with them again and transferred my accounts to another broker. (Atleast I got some enjoyment out of it).

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Boston, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

30 minute behavioral and 30 minute technical interview after a phone screening. Fairly simple: Who are you, what's your background, team work, projects. Overall, more conversational than anything. The entire process was lengthy because the VP who needed to approve the final selection was on vacation. A final informational meeting was set up with her when she returned before an offer was made.

Interview Questions

• The most complex application you've worked on.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They were very accommodating

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Durham, NC) in August 2015.

Interview

First round was telephonic where I was asked some questions about my past work
    This was followed by a face to face interview with two main sections - The first section was a manager round where some behavioral questions were asked, the second was a technical round.
    A week later I got a call from the HR where he discussed the compensation etc.

Interview Questions

• Give some examples of how you interacted with Business teams.   Answer Question
    • I was supposed to write few small JavaScript programs using JSFiddle   Answer Question
    • I was given a sample angular program and I was supposed to review the code.   Answer Question
    • If you have used Spring Security how did you use it.   Answer Question
    • If you have used Aspects in Spring where did you use them and how.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Raleigh, NC) in April 2013.

Interview

I had the usual call with HR, then Phone Interview with Hiring Manager. I then had a face to face interview with Staff members, Hiring manager and then another Peer Manger. Interview was fairly intensive,

Interview Questions

• None, but one of the team members presented the details of one of there designs and I felt rushed to ask questions, since I had many   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cumberland, RI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Cumberland, RI) in November 2010.

Interview

I joined as contract position so I had 3 rounds of interview

Interview Questions

• How to tune the Oracle SQL statement?   1 Answer
    • What is your experience working in team?   1 Answer

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments in March 2008.

Interview

It was a very good interview process. First I was phone screened by a couple of techincal people. After a couple of days, I was called for a face-to-face and interviewed by the hirer (my would-be manager). That was more like a HR interview. Once my would-be manager was satisfied with the outcome, there was a pre-selected panel of technologist who interviewed me asking me the basics of the technology fundamentals to the architectural phases of the techincal career. Once they ALL gave me a thumbs up, the VP and the Director had the One-On-One with me clearing me for the position they were offering me. The last step was the interview with the HR for salary and benefits negotiations.