Fidelity Investments Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 23, 2017

2.9

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Smithfield, RI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Smithfield, RI) in December 2016.

Interview

I had a phone screening followed up with a half day of in person interviews with the senior managers. All the people were very friendly and their questions were pretty standard. I was introduced to a couple staff members when walking from one manager to the next which also gave me a good feeling.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Fidelity Investments

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Boston, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

Employees are only interested in making sure they don't hire someone who could take their job/Management style is dump it--not delegate it. Most employees are rude and don't wish to make any extra effort to talk with you---they just talk at you.

Project Manager Interview

Interview

Phone screen about my background and how I'd fit the position. It was then followed by an in-person interview. Met up with the hiring manager and went through standard interviewing questions. As expected, it is a financial company with very structured process. It will not fit well for people who like the flexibility or creativity in work.

Interview Questions

• Very straight forward question. No brain teaser or any sort.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Smithfield, RI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Smithfield, RI) in May 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with 3 people: the hiring manager, her boss and another Director who is a peer of the hiring manager. The position was open when my predecessor took another position. The hiring manager met with me to discuss the role and told me when the job would be posted. Once the job was posted, I met with 3 people including the hiring manager who help me prepare for meeting with her boss and her peer.

Interview Questions

• what types of projects have you worked on? Are you familiar with Waterfall and Agile projects? Do you feel you can work with different stakeholders?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Westlake, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Westlake, TX) in November 2011.

Interview

Thirty minute phone screening with hiring manager.
    Thirty minute 1 on 1 interviews with Hiring Manager, COO and PMO Director
    Received verbal offer from Recruiter 4 days later & written offer 1 day after that.
    Started worked 2 weeks after that.

Negotiation

I did not negotiate at all.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Galway (Ireland)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Galway (Ireland)) in July 2014.

Interview

Recruitment lady setup interview, after about 3-4 weeks>> called for interview, I met with two senior members of the team, they appeared lovely and fair, they had set questions ready to ask. they didnt give too much away. In fact they made me feel like I did very well and that I would be a fit for the role.
    I had prepared alot for the interview and it turned out the job spec was not clear for the hiring team or the candidate. This they explained in the interview which was a little disappointing.

Interview Questions

• All questions asked were in STAR format   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Bengaluru (India)) in December 2010.

Interview

7 levels of interview

Interview Questions

• Based on the Job profile & past subject matter expertise   Answer Question

Negotiation

30 % on existing salary

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (New Delhi (India)) in January 2008.

Interview

Overall the experience from the HR was very good. They seem to have good process in place in terms of coordinating interviews, personal discussions, background checks. The travel part for outstation candidate, briefing about the company profile, business, role was clear & precise. The expectations setting was done in a professional manner. The salary structure was explained clearly at the time of offer

Interview Questions

• The level of details asked for each of the earlier jobs and not just last relevant job   Answer Question

Because of some personal reasons that came around that time, was not able to relocate