Fidelity Investments Quality Assurance Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fidelity Investments Quality Assurance Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Fidelity Investments

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Durham, NC).

Interview

The initial screening was with HR to ask about current job and related information. The second interview was a phone interview with management. The third interview was in-person where you had three different 30-minute interviews with different department managers. They really all just asked questions related to the resume and past jobs, and would wonder off topic to try to find out your personality. It was a pretty easy interview process.

Interview Questions

• The questions all seemed to be relatively easy and related to prior experience/knowledge.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. It was either accept the offer or not. My advice would be to not reveal your current salary. And make sure to make your desired salary higher than what you really want. They do not give good raises and you will be stuck at that salary.

Other Interview Reviews for Fidelity Investments

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments in March 2013.

Interview

I applied through the college recruiting program at my school. The interview is pretty comprehensive. You receive a phone call abut a week or two before the on-site interview to ask any questions. Then there is a informational session the night before to learn a bit more about the company. On the day of the interview, your day lasts about 3-4 hours with the HR reps and a senior manager(s) and consists of two behavioral interviews and one technical.

Interview Questions

• There isn't any "trick" questions. Normal behavioral questions with STAR format (i.e "tell me about a time....") and technical questions involved SQL and object-case diagrams.   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation needed :)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Durham, NC).

Interview

First: A 15 minute phone screen with HR. She asked technical questions that she did not understand but I matched the answers she had in front of her so I was asked to come in for in-person interview.

Second: Three one-on-one half-hour interviews with various software team members. Interviewers were nice but incompetent. Two behavioral interviews and one technical interview. The technical interview was with someone who spoke English as a secondary language, and he simply went down a list of programming languages and terms and asked if I had heard of them. When I tried to define terms he would interrupt--he literally just wanted yes or no answers as to whether I was familiar with things. My honesty probably hurt me because I could have told him I knew everything he was asking instead of telling him I had not worked with Oracle, triggers, etc.

A few days after the interview HR called and said they had no openings for QA. It would have hurt less if they had been honest and said I failed the interview.

Interview Questions

• Difference between String and Stringbuilder in Java. (Phone screen question)   1 Answer
    • Can a Java class implement multiple interfaces? (Phone screen question)   2 Answers
    • Difference between int and Integer in Java. (Phone screen question)   1 Answer
    • Have you ever worked with (fill in random programming language or term)? (In-person question)   1 Answer

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straight forward and consisted of two interviews, each a panel interview with 3 QA Managers. The questions that were asked the most were the normal interview questions and a few technical questions.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question involved stating a query to return results impromptu.   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

I applied online and got a 30 mins phone interview with the hiring manager, she first explained the job requirement and started to ask questions about previous projects. The skills she was looking for is very specific, be sure to read and prep according to the job description very well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Smithfield, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Smithfield, RI) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied in January, did not receive a follow up call until April. Post interview, did not receive a follow up call for 3-4 weeks. Once call received, given options to wait till January, reapply, or take job in another state. Emailed recruiter that day asking when to notify of decision, no answer. Received response a little over a week later, stating they will contact fellow recruiter in different state. Receive email within the hour from other recruiter stating the job was given away.

Anonymous Employee in Smithfield, RI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Smithfield, RI) in March 2013.

Interview

Simple interview if you are a know quantity. Basic question and answer on tech experience. There were no specific programing questions. Just more of a general interview probing for interests.

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied through College and there were 4 rounds in total. The first was aptitude, which consisted of 60 questions. It was pretty basic and i got through. The following three rounds were, Behavioral, Technical and then HR. Behavioral : there were some personal questions and then in technical just questions related to testing. The HR was very friendly and just asked things as per my resume.

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments in August 2014.

Interview

First round consisted of an Aptitude Test having 3 sections- Quants(25), Logical Reasoning(20) and Verbals(18). You had to chose the post you were applying for out of Quality Assurance, Software Developer and Techincal and Infrastructure Engineering.

Out of 275 candidates, 50 were chosen for the next round.
    Second round was Technical and HR interviews. Both were CV based.

Selected candidates had another HR/Stress interview.
    Overall 15 candidates got placed.

Interview Questions

• The Interviewer kept asking questions about Java and Unix systems.   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

The interview process consisted of 4 rounds and was completed in 1 day.First was a written aptitude round( Quantitative Aptitude+Logical Reasoning+Verbal Ability) followed by a behavioral(kind of a HR round) and a technical round(As i am an ece student, interviewer dint go very deep into coding, simple conceptual questions on oops concepts were asked).Finally, the process ended with a HR Round. Interviewers were friendly and helpful throughout the process.