Fidelity Investments Research Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fidelity Investments Research Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Oct 2, 2016

3.8

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Boston, MA) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process is typical of large investment management firms. There were several rounds of interviews including a couple two-on-one interviews. The final round interview includes a proficiency test where they ask you to analyze a company in three hours. The materials you can use include the annual and quarterly filings, sell-side equity research reports, stock price data, etc. After your three hours analyzing the company you present it to a handful of senior employees. If you move on from this stage, there will be several more interviews.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Fidelity Investments

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Durham, NC) in September 2012.

Interview

Interview was standard, no difficult questions. Have you had experience supporting open enrollments? What is your learning style? Tell me about a time where you had to give bad news and how did you handle it? What are your strengths and weaknesses?

Interview Questions

• What feedback would former co-workers and managers say about you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Boston, MA) in February 2010.

Interview

1?1 on campus interview first, the job was posted on the website of the career service center of the school. Submitted Cover letter and CV, then selected for the interview, 1st round is two 30min interviews, 1:1 with research analyst and research director. Then selected to the interview day in Boston, 5 1:1 interview and 1 stock pitch test

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Standard offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Boston, MA) in May 2008.

Interview

I interviewed for the a highly competitive equity research opportunity. The interview process is extensive and difficult. I met with 6 portfolio managers and 2 directors of research. They were clearly looking for very bright people that stood behind their convictions. It was a very thorough process and I felt strongly that they were looking for the best and brightest. The PMs were extremely smart and encouraged a give and take in the interview.

Interview Questions

• Please describe your investment thesis for your stock.   1 Answer
    • Do you believe a tuxedo rental shop would be a attractive business opportunity?   1 Answer

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2014.

Interview

Phone+F2F and Client Interview. Questions on linear regression and forecasting techniques along with advanced predictive modelling. Case studies on capacity planning and optimisation techniques. Personality based questions along with hobbies and past project implementation and challenges faced. Be ready for case studies and problem solving questions and be thorough with Stats

Interview Questions

• Basic Statistics and advanced Predictive modelling techniques   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was simple, they matched my requirements.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (London, England (UK)) in November 2012.

Interview

I had an interview in November with Fidelity those were the main questions:
    Competency Interview, Questions: Why Fidelity? Why Buy Side? Tell me more about your Leadership Skills.
    If you had one billion dollar where would you invest them? A problem that you had to solve in a team
    Review all those questions and you should do fine

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments in March 2010.

Interview

Started with online application through company website. Got a call within 1 week. Interview was for equity research analyst position. Position was on the technical side and so was most of interview.
    Questions:
    database queries - inner/outer joins, grouping, indexing
    academic project related queries - portfolio analytics, min variance portfolio

Interview Questions

• What methods to use for verifying portfolio VaR   1 Answer

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments in January 2009.

Interview

Questions asked were primarily focused on understanding the candidate's interest in finance and investment process. This included questions about valuation of various securities and the process of portfolio construction. Interviews spanned five different people, including portfolio managers, senior analysts and MDFs.

Interview Questions

• How does Google make money? What is the value of this business and what are the competitive advantages afforded to such a model?   Answer Question
Employer Interview Review Title Location Interview Question
Fidelity Investments Research Analyst Interview Boston, MA Pitch me a stock.
Fidelity Investments Research Analyst Interview Durham, NC What feedback would former co-workers and managers say about you?
Fidelity Investments Research Analyst Interview Boston, MA Tell me a stock you like, Why
Fidelity Investments Research Analyst Interview Boston, MA Why do you want to do asset management
Fidelity Investments Research Analyst Interview Boston, MA Please describe your investment thesis for your stock.
Fidelity Investments Research Analyst Interview Boston, MA Do you believe a tuxedo rental shop would be a attractive business opportunity?
Fidelity Investments Research Analyst Interview Bengaluru (India) Basic Statistics and advanced Predictive modelling techniques
Fidelity Investments Research Analyst Interview London, England (UK) Not technical questions at this stage
Fidelity Investments Research Analyst Interview What methods to use for verifying portfolio VaR
Fidelity Investments Research Analyst Interview How does Google make money? What is the value of this business and what are the competitive advantages afforded to such a model?