Fidelity Investments Research Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fidelity Investments Research Associate Interview Questions

3.4

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Boston, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

1st round short and simple. 2nd round involves test. Good people and great start to a career if interested in asset management. Very competitive but not required to be a business student. They recruit from many different schools but focus on top-tier schools.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Fidelity Investments

Research Associate Interview

Interview

First they had a fit style call, then I was called in for an on campus interview.

The on campus interview had 2 parts with 2 people. 1 fit, 1 analytial. The fit one was quite baisic however they seemed to be a bit too focused on my study abroad experiene which seems fairly irrelevent in my opinion

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest strength   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Boston, MA) in January 2013.

Interview

First round was a phone interview consisting of mostly fit questions. There was also a stock pitch component. No real account knowledge needed.
    Superday in Boston was 6 interviews back to back with people ranging from HR to Research Analyst to PM. Some basic case studies (not nearly as involved as consulting case studies), more stock pitches that were drilled more than in the phone interview, and more fit questions.

Interview Questions

• If you had a business producing bottled water, how could you go about reducing costs?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Boston, MA) in September 2011.

Interview

They want smart people who LOVE stock analysis. Some of the employees are friendly, some cocky and rude... Not a place I would want to work.

Have a few stocks in mind to discuss. Second round requires to prepare a pitch and a model.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Boston, MA) in January 2009.

Interview

Well organized. Met a lot of people. Overall made a strong impression,
    mostly 1:1 meetings with a "stock pitch" at the end.
    Advice: do not over think the stock pitch - there is not a lot that could be learned on a co' in 2.5 hours - focus on what you can know and not on what you can't and make assumptions when necessary. Communicate your assumptions and the reasons behind them. Stay focused and confident but open for additional data/ views.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Bengaluru (India)) in December 2014.

Interview

Telephonic and few rounds of face to face. (i have no idea why glassdoor has this thirty word limit, it is kid of irritating)

Interview Questions

• why are you looking for a change   1 Answer

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (London, England (UK)) in May 2012.

Interview

this involved meeting pretty much everyone in the office - which totalled around 10, plus phone interviews with staff not in London. starting with the office manager, then I met various managing directors, associates and analysts.

Interview Questions

• what makes you want to work here? why do you want this specific job as it seems you are overqualified   1 Answer

Research Associate Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments in September 2011.

Interview

3-4 1:1 interviews, each 30 minutes long. A couple of interviewers will ask fit related questions, while more technical interviews consist of stock picks or in many cases case-questions on the analysis of a company.

1 group interview on a stock recommendation for a company they provide for you a week in advance. They require a 3-page research discussion, as well as an excel model of the financial statements.