Fidelity Investments Interview Questions in Rhode Island | Glassdoor

2.9

30 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

LEAP Applicant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Providence, RI) in March 2017.

Interview

Very positive environment and the interview process was very precise and clear all through each step. Recruiter was very informative and the interview questions were on basic programming and problem solving.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Smithfield, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Smithfield, RI) in February 2017.

Interview

Split into two interviews, one technical, one non-technical. The first seemed mostly to be for my benefit, educate me to the specifics of the position. The first was a single recruiter, the second, a panel.

Interview Questions

• They asked about a specific customer interaction from a previous job in which I didn't regularly interact with them.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Smithfield, RI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Smithfield, RI) in December 2016.

Interview

I had a phone screening followed up with a half day of in person interviews with the senior managers. All the people were very friendly and their questions were pretty standard. I was introduced to a couple staff members when walking from one manager to the next which also gave me a good feeling.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Providence, RI) in October 2016.

Interview

pretty standard interview. they ask basic questions and were pretty nice/ easy to talk to. the man who interviewed me was very helpful in explaining the position details and what would be expected

Interview Questions

• Out of all the people we hire, why should we hire you? What makes you different   Answer Question
    • What do you know about Series 7 and 63?   Answer Question

Software Engineer/Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Smithfield, RI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Smithfield, RI) in September 2016.

Interview

First Phone Interview for initial screening with recruiter. She asked basic questions about why I wanted to work at company. We went over my resume. She immediately set up in person interview
    Then in person interview with 2 people. One was a technical interview. The second was situational questions.

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Smithfield, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Smithfield, RI) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied in January, did not receive a follow up call until April. Post interview, did not receive a follow up call for 3-4 weeks. Once call received, given options to wait till January, reapply, or take job in another state. Emailed recruiter that day asking when to notify of decision, no answer. Received response a little over a week later, stating they will contact fellow recruiter in different state. Receive email within the hour from other recruiter stating the job was given away.

HTML Emailer - Temp to Perm Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Smithfield, RI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Smithfield, RI).

Interview

I met with a panel of supervisors who reviewed the general highlights of the job and then asked me about my work history as it would pertain to the position. The panel was made up of the immediate supervisor, the department director, one of the current HTML Emailers, and two more area supervisors. Each of the panel asked some of the basic interview questions and then we went into more technical aspects of HTML and emailing tools and email campaigns. Also, the member of the panel gave a little of the history and current direction of the department.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were given a project early in the day that you were told was urgent but then later that morning were given another project and told it was more important, how would you handle that situation?   Answer Question

Process Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Smithfield, RI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Smithfield, RI) in January 2016.

Interview

2 phone interviews followed by an in-person interview. The managers were great. Made me feel comfortable. Offered coffee and water etc

Also showed me around. Very conversational interview. Most of the technical questions were asked during the phone interview and they just want to put a face behind all the conversations we had had during the phone screen.

Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Providence, RI) in November 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who held an initial phone screen. From there about 1-2 weeks later I held a phone screen with the hiring manager. About 2-3 weeks following that, I was invited to go on site to interview in person with the hiring manager and a member of the team I would be working with. The entirety of it was very nice and the company was responsive up until I received notice that the role would be given to someone internally. While this was unfortunate, it was not an unreasonable reason. The process and experience took a downhill turn here, when I was informed they would be considering me for the same role in a few other teams. They reached out to schedule an interview but then became unresponsive to both phone calls and emails about when the interview would take place and other details. Ultimately they just dropped off the face of the earth.

Interview Questions

• How do you stay up to date, aware, and involved with technology   Answer Question

Accounting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Smithfield, RI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Smithfield, RI) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process was with the hiring manager and his boss. I met with both of them for a half hour each. The interviews were informative and the dialogue back and forth positive. I did not get the job. However based on the interview it was probably the right decision. I didn't have a skill set the position was looking for.

Interview Questions

• Did you have experience with STAT accounting   1 Answer