Fidelity Investments Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fidelity Investments Software Developer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 7, 2017

2.4

Software Development Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

Easy Process, Simple Behavioral Questions and Aspirations. Received a phone call and was asked about my background. Got second phone call from hiring manager about my background. Was given an offer within 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Fidelity? What kinds of opportunities are you hoping to gain?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Fidelity Investments

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Durham, NC) in January 2015.

Interview

I was very disappointed with this companies interview process. A person from HR contacted me and scheduled a phone interview, but ended up not calling at the agreed time. They then preceded to reschedule the interview 2 more times but never actually called. I thought that this was very unprofessional.

Software Development Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments in December 2014.

Interview

Very relaxed, two phone calls, both very conversational. The first was actually entirely a conversation while the second was a discussion about my skills to figure out if the team I was applying for could work with what I knew. They said that most web development interns didn't have experience in the area when applying, so the interview was more a matter of curiosity.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ghaziabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Ghaziabad (India)) in February 2017.

Interview

The first round was written test in which they asked questions from C,C++ and Java.
    Aptitude questions were also asked.
    After written test GD round was there.
    Face to Face interview.Logical question.no written test.Very high level question.Concept has to be very clear.Question was based on OOPS concept.There was some coding related question on which they have asked to write the logic.Some Data structure related questions was there.

Interview Questions

• What is a technology you are interested in?
      What technical experience lends you to this job experience.
      1 Answer
    • what is your greatest accomplishment?   Answer Question

Software Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warangal (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Warangal (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied at Fidelity Investment for an intern position through my college recruitment process. The company took an online test round (20 questions of general aptitude + 15 questions of verbal reasoning). After 2 days the list of shortlisted candidates was out. I was one of them and so the called me for Technical interview which was followed by a HR interview. They asked me simple questions on C,C++ and DS and also asked me about the things i mentioned in m resume. Then i was selected for HR round where they asked me general questions on my resume, why should the hire me etc. The company people who came as interviewer's were great and very polite. After 30 mins the announced the result and my name was in the list.
    Thanks to glassdoor for helping me post my experience.

Interview Questions

• They did not ask me very difficult questions as such but they did to other student. They asked my about the details of all my past training's and online internship's that I've done.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The company is just great and their stipend is pretty awesome. I would advice you to apply for this company. They allow EEE and ECE students also to sit for the selection process. I am a EEE student. Just work on your logical, basic coding and especially on your communication skills.

Software Developer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

Easy. Had 3 rounds of face to face interviews and an aptitude test at the beginning. The face to face interviews had simple programming questions and personality assessment. The final round was HR round where I was asked about my ambitions , place of work and will to relocate. The overall process took a day.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2014.

Interview

3 profiles were available namely :Software Developer,Quality Assurance, ITI(Technical Infrastructure)
    I chose software developer.
    Written Round:It had 3 sections namely Quantitative Aptitude,Logical Reasoning,Verbal Ability.
    This round was fairly easy but main thing is time management.
    I got through the 1st round.

Interview : There were 3 interviews ,

HR interview 1/ Behavior interview:Initially,the interviewer asked me whether I was nervous,and asked for my resume.She asked about my projects for about 5 minutes.After this she had given me a situation asked me how I would react.The situation was suppose when working in a team ,there is difference in opinion between me and other team members ,how would I react.I replied by saying that I would promptly go and tell my views to the Team leader and its up to the team leader to take in my opinions.All I want is to contribute for the betterment of the team in a meaningful manner.She asked me ,who is my inspiration,why I want to join Fidelity.This round lasted for about 15 minutes.

I was asked to wait for sometime and then I called in for Tech Interview for Software Developer.

Tech Interview: The interviewer was very friendly.I had told him in the beginning itself that I am not comfortable with data structures but I am going to study in the coming semester.He asked me few puzzles and code snippets a).Swapping of two variables without using a temporary variable b)
    if x and y are two numbers and each has a millions digits ,compute sum.c)If you have 5 ,10,20 rupee note.print all the combinations of these notes which will result in a sum of 500.I answers all these questions ,I could answer a few puzzles.
    This round lasted for about 20 minutes.
    After this round I had the HR 2 interview.

HR 2 interview:I was asked about my strengths and weaknesses.The interview asked me if had any questions to ask.This round lasted for about 10 minutes.

Interview Questions

• In the Tech Interview ,I couldn't answer a few puzzles.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Campus Interview,so no negotiation

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

basic java and J2EE questions will be asked in 2 round of interview

Software Developer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments in January 2011.

Interview

There was a phone screen by HR, followed by a phone screen by a developer. At the former I was told that quantitative skills were important to the position,while at the latter I was told that they weren't and then I was asked to rate myself as a programmer on a scale of 1-10. When I said 6-7 I received a string of extremely easy technical questions such as the differences between a do-while loop and a for loop. I was not asked about object-oriented programming at all, although a lack of that knowledge was given as a reason in the subsequent rejection letter.

Interview Questions

• Rate yourself as a programmer on a scale of 1-10.   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments in July 2008.

Interview

I was interviewed by a team of developers from India who reside in the United States. It was difficult to understand the questions over the phone which made it hard to be successful in winning the job.

Interview Questions

• Obscure technical questions that the general developer would likely look up on a day to day basis   Answer Question