Fidelity Investments Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

34 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer() Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Durham, NC) in November 2017.

Interview

Easy stuff: first digital interview. Next stage has two on-site interviews. The first one is a behavioral, filled with simple questions. My interviewer asked me a couple of technical ones however. The second interview is technical bit it was more of a rundown of my resume.

Interview Questions

• Star method behavioral questions, what is the big o runtime efficiency of arraylist functions and linked list functions   Answer Question
  • Explain this on your resume how did you use this tool...   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Fidelity Investments

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

Got an e-mail from a recruiter to apply. Applied online then had a phone screen.

Moved on to two interviews at an event. One behavioral with the usual type of questions such as conflict resolutions and projects done. Next one technical with relatively straight forward questions on SQL, OOP concepts and some simple programming questions. Nothing too extreme.

Got a call about 2 weeks later with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Benefits of OOP, basic class organization, simple programming questions, SQL questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Raleigh, NC) in October 2017.

Interview

First, a phone screen by HR if they decide to move forward with you. They email you an online coding quiz (hackerrank type). Then after that both technical and behavioral interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Boston, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

30 minute phone call with a recruiter, 30 minute phone call with the hiring manager, and about a 2 hour onsite composed of four 1 on 1 interviews with the hiring manager and 3 engineer/architect/director.

The phone calls were pretty much the standard behavioral questions like why Fidelity Investments, tell me about yourself, what you'd like to do, etc.

The onsite interviews were most behavioral questions, but there was 1 "technical" round. The technical round wasn't based on problem solving, data structures, algorithms, team work or any of the standard technical interviews you'd expect. It was just a bunch of questions on specific parts of technologies and the expectation was that you would be able to read the interviewers mind and respond with the exact answer in his head. Other than the "technical" round, the other interviewers went pretty well; the interviewers were friendly and the conversations were good.

Interview Questions

• Unfortunately, I do not remember any of the specific questions asked in the"technical" round. They were a bit ridiculous. No SQL/databse, data structure, algorithm, concurrency, programming language specific, etc related questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Boston, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview process was split up into 4 interviews one was with a HR person other 3 were engineers. I thought it was usefully talking to managers and engineers in your field

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Westlake, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

A 30 min phone interview, followed by another Technical/Behavioral interview. The interview process was through a campus recruiting program at the University. Followed by a phone interview, and I also filled out the fidelity form online and went over Fidelity background and its history.

Interview Questions

• In any language, write code to generate fibonacci series   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments in January 2017.

Interview

Almost entirely behavioral. First round with behavior about why I was interested in company, second with potential manager. Talked about project of my choosing - good to know at least one or two of your projects in and out. Very nice interviewers, want to help you. Got the offer by phone about an hour after.

Anonymous Employee in Westlake, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Westlake, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

I received an email over the summer to apply for a summer internship with Fidelity. I did so and had 4 interviews. The first one was a video interview that was sent to the intern hiring manager for review. The second one was a phone interview with that hiring manager. The third one was a phone interview with the manager of the department that I will be working in. And the last one was a phone interview with an engineer in that same department.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Fidelity Investments?   Answer Question
    • What do you expect from an internship with Fidelity?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you had trouble meeting a deadline.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you had problems working in a team and tell me how you managed it.   Answer Question
    • On a scale of 1-10, how good of a Java programmer are you?   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

It was a self-record online interview with one minute prepare and three minutes talking. Altogether there are 5 questions. It is awkward to talk with no one hearing but you can do preparation write notes if needed.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

initial hr, and tech interview by team , And then I was invited to the onsite .Manger was so kind and patient in listening . Most of them are related to the behavioral questions . And after two weeks I was informed that I was selected.