Fidelity Investments Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 4, 2017

3.2

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Boston, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

30 minute phone call with a recruiter, 30 minute phone call with the hiring manager, and about a 2 hour onsite composed of four 1 on 1 interviews with the hiring manager and 3 engineer/architect/director.

The phone calls were pretty much the standard behavioral questions like why Fidelity Investments, tell me about yourself, what you'd like to do, etc.

The onsite interviews were most behavioral questions, but there was 1 "technical" round. The technical round wasn't based on problem solving, data structures, algorithms, team work or any of the standard technical interviews you'd expect. It was just a bunch of questions on specific parts of technologies and the expectation was that you would be able to read the interviewers mind and respond with the exact answer in his head. Other than the "technical" round, the other interviewers went pretty well; the interviewers were friendly and the conversations were good.

Interview Questions

• Unfortunately, I do not remember any of the specific questions asked in the"technical" round. They were a bit ridiculous. No SQL/databse, data structure, algorithm, concurrency, programming language specific, etc related questions.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Fidelity Investments

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Westlake, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

A 30 min phone interview, followed by another Technical/Behavioral interview. The interview process was through a campus recruiting program at the University. Followed by a phone interview, and I also filled out the fidelity form online and went over Fidelity background and its history.

Interview Questions

• In any language, write code to generate fibonacci series   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

Gave my resume to a representative at a career fair. Was contacted several weeks later for a phone interview. Very friendly. Simple screening process. No technical questions. No positions were available in my location. Overall a very easy process.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult. Just simple questions about relevant projects on my resume.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlborough, MA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Marlborough, MA) in April 2009.

Interview

Questions relate to OO concepts, UNIX Shell scripting, regular expressions, design concepts & 1 brain teaser

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

aptitude round- 45 questions for about 60nminutes
    technical interview- questions regarding c++, DBMS, big data,puzzles
    HR interview- very friendly, common questions like hobbies and quetions on projects
    common questions like why do you want to apply for our company?
    since i was from ec background there were questions on basic working of opamp, working of diode
    questions on antenna working
    they selected 12 out of 34 candidates in the final round
    and also they asked whether i was ready to reloacte to chennai?