Fidelity Investments Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fidelity Investments Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Feb 25, 2017

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments in January 2017.

Interview

Almost entirely behavioral. First round with behavior about why I was interested in company, second with potential manager. Talked about project of my choosing - good to know at least one or two of your projects in and out. Very nice interviewers, want to help you. Got the offer by phone about an hour after.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Fidelity Investments

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Westlake, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

A 30 min phone interview, followed by another Technical/Behavioral interview. The interview process was through a campus recruiting program at the University. Followed by a phone interview, and I also filled out the fidelity form online and went over Fidelity background and its history.

Interview Questions

• In any language, write code to generate fibonacci series   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Westlake, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Westlake, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

I received an email over the summer to apply for a summer internship with Fidelity. I did so and had 4 interviews. The first one was a video interview that was sent to the intern hiring manager for review. The second one was a phone interview with that hiring manager. The third one was a phone interview with the manager of the department that I will be working in. And the last one was a phone interview with an engineer in that same department.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Fidelity Investments?   Answer Question
    • What do you expect from an internship with Fidelity?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you had trouble meeting a deadline.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you had problems working in a team and tell me how you managed it.   Answer Question
    • On a scale of 1-10, how good of a Java programmer are you?   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

It was a self-record online interview with one minute prepare and three minutes talking. Altogether there are 5 questions. It is awkward to talk with no one hearing but you can do preparation write notes if needed.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

initial hr, and tech interview by team , And then I was invited to the onsite .Manger was so kind and patient in listening . Most of them are related to the behavioral questions . And after two weeks I was informed that I was selected.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (New York, NY).

Interview

There were two interviews. First interview was strictly behavioral with HR. Second interview was technical with a director. The behavioral interview was standard (e.g. "Why Fidelity?", "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?", etc.). The technical interview was straightforward and did not involve any difficult brainteasers.

Interview Questions

• Given an array of numbers, find the number that only occurs once. For example, if you were given the array [1,1,2,3,3], return 2.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Charlottesville, VA) in October 2015.

Interview

2 part interview with behavioral and technical halves. Behavioral went poorly (relatively) and consisted of open ended "tell me about a time when" questions. Technical interview was easy enough and covered basic data structures and algorithms. Got a follow up call to complete the technical interview and was given informal offer after phone call.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

Gave my resume to a representative at a career fair. Was contacted several weeks later for a phone interview. Very friendly. Simple screening process. No technical questions. No positions were available in my location. Overall a very easy process.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult. Just simple questions about relevant projects on my resume.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Sent my resume to one of the recruiters and eventually got the interview setup. Phone interview was like 3-4 rounds and they called for onsite. The questions were straight forward and after 1 day the recruiter called and said that I was selected. The salary offered was low and they have many restrictions when it comes to GC processing

got another offer

Anonymous Employee in Westlake, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Westlake, TX) in April 2012.

Interview

1 phone interview purely technical, 5 1:1 onsite interviews consisted of technical, resume, work experience, and basic hr questions. Got a call in a couple of days and accepted the offer.